Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

1. Calorie deficit of 6000 853, 755 (1608)
2. Drink 3 L of water Yes, Yes
3. Stay away from the cheese Yes, oh Yes
4. Work on scatteredness A bit, some more yes
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, as others have said, it's no surprise you'd have wobbly emotions after something like that.

Here's my check in:
1.) 1550 calories/day: Yes 1278, Yes 1435
2.) Gym 4 times: 2
3.) Active on non-gym days: Yes
4.) At least 64 oz. of water/day: Yes, Yes

Other:
1.) Start thinking about packing:
2.) Open bank account in PA: Done
3.) Come up with plan for staying on track while moving

I'm running into the problem that even when I've planned some "cheat" food into my diet, like I have plenty of room in the calorie count and such, I still feel really guilty about it. I mean, I guess that's okay, but at the same time, I want to be able to enjoy some splurges every once in a while. It kind of sucks that I can't seem to let myself enjoy them anymore. Does that make sense to anyone? Well, there are worse problems out there, I suppose... In any case, pretty good for me today, I think.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

Ok deep breath- here goes.
1. Stay under 1200 each day
2. Keep my weekend eating under control
3. One glass of wine only when I go out this weekend.
4. Walk at least 30 mins at least 4 times per week

More generally
1. Book my hotel in Vegas to complete my holiday plans
2. Start to sort my pension plans
3 Make a will

Now that wasn't so difficult, fairly bland but it's a start.
Now I'm off to work, hopefully I'll make it to the petrol station before the car gives up as the little light came on last night on my way home from work and it was too late to find anywhere open so now I'm running on fumes I think.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, that sure sounds like an amazing present but I can understand the mixed emotions. I've had many dreams about the house I grew up in. I drive by it nearly every day, and it too is well kept (but no damn 10 br) I option want to stop by and see if I can check it out but who knows how I'd really feel about it.
Noooo.... not 10 bedrooms! 10 rooms (rooms excluding bathrooms, 13 rooms total) Thanks, everyone. Feeling much better this morning. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend going Mike, unless you really want to. Maybe if I had been prepared, but the surprise of it all, with people staring at me waiting for my reaction, was a bit hard.

Lizzie,

Your goals look wonderful! So glad you're here. It's a wonderful place to be when you're up (or down!)

110 degree heat index today (again... 4th day... ugh!) As I said, no a/c...The lowest level of my house remains really comfortable. Probably won't get my walk in for the first time, though.

Have a great day, all!

quinn
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

This Week's Goals:

*Keep calories under 1200 995 (can't eat when it's hot), planned cheat day
*Keep BMI under 20. Y, Y
*Walk daily, no excuses. 3 miles, N
*Eat, at a minimum, 4 fruits and veggies a day. N, N
*Limit bread to 2 servings of 45 calorie variety. None, Y
*Take multi-vitamin, flaxseed oil and vitamin e daily. Y, Y
*Drink, drink, drink! Y, Y
*Be more patient during heat wave... remember: EVERYONE'S HOT!!! Yes, much improved. Y
Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good day yesterday. Not planning any exercise today unless it's in the water. With humidex the temp will be over 100 -- even in Canada! My office has air conditioning so I'll have no problem staying there today.

Quinn I understand your mixed emotions. I expect the negative ones will pass and you will be left with the good ones about how your husband made one of your wishes come true. Your reaction backs up that proposition - Be careful what you wish for - you may get it. We lost our farm during the high interest rates of the 80's. The current owner has invited me to visit the house - which was a rather special big old house. I have never dropped in to do it although some of my kids have said they would like to. Maybe someday. Mary
Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all!

Seems like everyone is having a good week. I've been getting lots done at home, its amazing. Somebody stop meeeeeee..... Gonna try to get mowing done today if lawnmower will cooperate.

Cassie- how bout this Georgia weather? I'm roasting down here!

Quinn- Happy late Birthday. I can understand how you feel about your visit, I often dream about my childhood home, its only about 5 miles from me, I lost my daddy about 11 years ago, I think I associate him with that house. Sad and happy at the same time, hard to explain.

Lizzie- Welcome to the thread, everyone here is very encouraging. Its a great place to post.

Fitness goals:
>1400 calories per day yes, 1445
minimum 3 bottles of water yes, yes
cut down on carbs yes, yes
outside activity each day yes, yes
1 soda per day no, had 2, yes
eat from freezer yes, yes

Non-fitness goals
Clean/shampoo BF truck started, done!
clean out half of closet all of it done!
trust more/question less[/QUOTE] kinda!, yes
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Ashlie, it is brutal, isn't it? Unfortunately many others in the country are also sharing our good old Georgia heat wave! It was 80* here before dawn, and the humidity is horrible. Congrats on your productivity...could you come live with me for a week?

Welcome, Lizzie, glad to see you post over on this thread . I think your goals are excellent and hopefully all of us will be able to keep each other on track. Weekends are hard, I agree!

Quinn, I think your mixed emotions are normal, regarding visiting your house. My parents had the same house from the time they married until I was in graduate school (40 years). It's the only one I knew growing up. They moved when it became too much for them to keep up. I've not been back but even driving by to show my son gives me a sad feeling. I think maybe part of it is that many things about the house are the same, but the rest of life is so different now, it just doesn't seem to "fit." It feels like plaid pants with a polka dot shirt, somehow. And, like you and like Ashlie, I do associate my dad with that house and I can't help feeling sad about that. I think it's perfectly normal to have those feelings, but please don't feel guilty about having them...at the risk of throwing out a professional cliche', your feelings are your feelings and they're not right or wrong. I'm sure your husband knows that you appreciate his creativity and his effort, and you showed him that, but your feelings are your own so throw the guilt out the window, mkay? At any rate, there was lovely cake .
Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Tuesday's Report:

1. Stay under 1300 calories. Nope, but 2 unplanned restaurant meals; I'm definitely over. WAY over, 1288
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes
3. 25 grams fiber daily. Yes, 31
4. Exercise 7 times this week (3 runs). Stationary bike, Cardio Tennis AM & treadmill run PM
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes

6. Get hair cut off! ZOMG it's all gone
7. Get basement closet cleaned out.
8. Get second opinion from orthodontist. Scheduled for Thursday
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: Your cards are the best!! And as for your good deeds - man, it's so awesome that you're putting all that extra effort into finding people to help with your insurance deals. Feeling good about what you're doing makes all of the difference in the world, I think. Absolute kudos to you. Maybe I'll give you a call when I own my own house and/or car!

boji: Lol. Sometimes it's fun, other times it's "fun" And hey, tell your sister that you have to be a little bit crazy to get an advanced degree (I think so, anyway) so you've just got one of the requirements! If you love it, you love it, and there's no two ways about it. Gosh, the universe is so interesting, black holes just make my head start to do the "head asplode" thing, but it sounds like so much fun! You just go for it girl! Ooooh, Vienna. I'll have to put it on my list!! Thanks for the insight, and LOL at Starbucks! That feeling of guilt with cheat days happens - I try to tell myself that my "cheat days" are just "up-calorie" days since I tend to go up-and-down a little bit. Maybe you could give it another name? We all deserve a treat now and then - you gotta live! - and planning your cheat day is a big PAT ON THE BACK for you, since unplanned cheat days sneak up on you, lol.

Lizzie: Big welcome! Your goals look great!!!

Main80: The bathrooms were a chore, but I got them mostly-done, lol. One is sparkling, and the other is 3/4 done, as BF insists I let him scrub out his own tub. It gets really gross in his bath-tub as he's a mechanic, and he washes off the grease/oil/scum of cars from himself every day. It gets black quickly, but he "doesn't want me having to clean that." Unfortunately, he lets it go FAR too long in my opinion before he cleans it, but he got *actually* upset with me yesterday, so I didn't do it. My arms were pretty sore from the scrubbing so I did indeed not "work out" beyond the cleaning. I think I'll go to the gym today, though! Also, I count "eating out" as anything I did not prepare myself, lol. Maybe it's a strict goal, but I do better with stricter goals.

quinn: Oh man, I feel you on the mixed feelings after visiting home, and I think you hit the nail on the head. The reminder of days gone by and people you love can hit you and just leave you dizzy, and houses are such powerfully sentimental things. My sister and I visited the "house on the Cape" that my grandparents used to live in last year. They sold it when I was about 13 or 14 or so. We *loved* that house. I had a childhood where I spent half of the week living with my grandparents and half with my parents; shuttling back and forth from Cape Cod to our other house in MA. It was a great childhood, and it was lived in that "Cape House" -- a wooden house right near the beach in a sleepy community. My whole family built the house for them and we had all our get-togethers there - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, birthdays, you name it. Eventually the house got too big for them, though, and they moved to CT in a retirement community after selling the house to people who used it as a vacation home. When we drove by we saw parts of it in disrepair -- my grandfather's beautiful rose garden was all brambles and weeds, and they had PAINTED the roof a different color (It is supposed to be blue!!!) and a thousand other things, and just seeing it made me feel heartbroken, like you describe, my chest all swelled up.

It's a dream for my sister and I to re-buy that house someday and bring it back to the family for the next generations. It'll be expensive now as it's on prime beach property, but we don't care.

All those memories are precious, and seeing the place where they happened is a powerful thing. I hope that in time, as others have said, you'll remember the positive and not the confused/bad feelings that came with seeing your house. Hopefully you won't think of it as regretting what you wished for, but rather getting *more* than you thought you would - beautiful memories and the chance to re-live them!

Cassie: Pics of new haircut?! How cute is it?????

Tuesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit M: -923 T: -658 (Total: -1581)
2) Average intake between 1100 and 1300 calories. No single day over 1450. M: 1,012 T: 1,340 (Average: 1,176)
3) Average a 40/30/30 on macros M: 32/26/43 T: 41/28/31 (Average: 36.5/27/37)
4) 96 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes
5) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off (errands) T: Scrubbed 2 bathrooms
6) Total of 2 Lunches out and 1 Dinner out, maximum M: Leftover pizza for lunch T: No eating out (Total 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)
7) Get to bed by 11:30 each night M: Squeaked in there! T: Fail
8) Added goal - Multivitamin and Fiber pills daily M: No T: Yes

Other Life Stuff:
1) 5 Hours of sewing this week M: No T: No
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway T: yes
3) Try one new recipe (Maybe Mike's jambalaya if we get a recipe?! That thing looked GOOD!!!!) M-F: Weekend goal
4) Hair appointment M: No T: No
5) Check in here every day, including weekends!!! M: Yup! T: Yup!

Other than cleaning, I had a pretty normal day yesterday. An old friend also e-mailed me out of the blue and it was LOVELY to re-connect, hoping to keep that up! She may even want to plan a visit! That always feels awesome.

I decided to brave the scale this morning and hoped for at least a "no change" from before vacation (which was around 174 lbs.). Imagine my shock when I got on and it said 172.3!! I jumped off and backed away, not wanting to push my luck, lol! Woo-hoo!!! I can see the new decade on the horizon, groovy 60s, here I come!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.