Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn and Cassie - I am a voracious reader and if that used up calories I would be really thin. Good idea on the pick something you liked as a kid, I have always been a dancer and if a good dance class appears near me I'll try it. I've done Bollywood, Belly dancing, Irish, Line, Disco pretty much anything. Looking for a rumba class at present

I was going to try and pick up the threads of everyone's posts and say something but have been watching the news from Norway and my heart is bleeding for those poor teenagers, their families and friends.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

I failed on eating enough yesterday sadly. I slept a lot because I was tired from the week's work and when I was awake I only ate 662 calories.

I'm aiming for 1400!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, it's been said that some of the greats have learned a move or two from the banana, such as Michael Jackson, Elvis and even the Techno Viking!
OK who is the Techno Viking? I am so culturally illiterate!!! Plus I think I spelled illiterate wrong.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

OK Epic fail. I gained 3 pounds total with all my eating lately, haven't walked gymed etc plus I want to catch up on posts.

Back later, I am off to a pancake breakfast. Yeah I know.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
OK who is the Techno Viking? I am so culturally illiterate!!! Plus I think I spelled illiterate wrong.
lol, I knew you'd ask, that's why I threw it out there. It's probably one of the most popular dancing videos on YouTube. There are several copies and remakes and all have many views. One has over 14 million views.

Basically here the story... drunk guy stumbles in to a girl, Techno Viking grabs his arm, scolds him and sends him away. He points his finger at the guy as if to say "I am the Techno Viking, go away drunk peasant!" The crowd that has gathered in the street to dance all hail the mighty Techno Viking. Another guy walks up to hand the Techno Viking a water to wet his pallet, then the dancing begins. As the Viking walks through the town dancing in the street the city gathers behind him, seriously. Do a quick YouTube search. It's the funniest stuff, you know it has to be staged...
Old 07-24-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

So... My weight has been bouncing a bit still, but it seems my digestive track is getting better, so here's hoping for my weight to stop doing that. I still haven't weighed myself today so I am hoping to be 153.5. Justin and I went to Bob Evans on Friday and misread the calorie amounts, luckily he was fine, but I went over a tiny bit.

Also went to two job interviews this past week and was told I would be called on Friday if I was to be hired. Neither called, but I went into the one yesterday to talk to the manager about my status. It turned out she was too busy with the store and moving to figure out who she would be hiring, but said she would be calling this coming Friday. I hope I get it! Would be really great to get the sales lead position there.

I have to work on figuring out my goals for this week later today and keep posting this time, lol.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, Mike, Cassie, thanks for lending an ear yesterday and for your encouragement. You guys are the best!

I did more thinking on that yesterday and know I don't have it all figured out, but I'm guessing stress eating is a very individual thing as far as cause, effect, and how it's handled. Personally, I think initially, on the surface, the bulk of MY rationalizing that stress eating would help is that I could indulge myself to gain comfort and blame someone/something else for it. But, at the same time, I knew that I could stop myself from eating if I wanted to enough. So, on a deeper level, it was't a matter of feeling powerless and giving up, but a matter MY being in control, not some situation or some other person controlling me. Bottom line--MINE was a matter of pride. Oops! Did I just admit that?

Mike, my friend is in her 50's. I think Quinn was right about her being in pain herself. She's changed a lot in the past year and a half. Even though the issues causing her to be bitter in the past are resolved, I guess she still thinks no emotional pain could be more than or as fresh as hers. I know 13 year olds with more empathy. We'll remain friends, but I'll never confide in her again.

LOL on the dancers, especially the banana. That lightheartedness was so welcome.

Now, on a happy note:
I went back this morning and did a food report on FitDay for the past week, past month, and past two months and found my macros and nutrition facts were all very well in line with my goals--up to my targets and well under my limits--erh, uhm, WITHOUT stress eating, proving to myself that I am already in control of the food part of my life. So stress eating wasn't necessary to prove that. Next time I'm that frustrated I'm going to head to the Y to blow off steam, or if after hours, pop in an exercise video and SWEAT away my anger or sadness. Any other ideas from y'all are quite welcome.

DH and I went out for breakfast this morning and I was really, really good. Had an omelet loaded with spinach, mushrooms and tomato. I ate only 2/3 of it but treated myself to a bit of the Hollandaise sauce as well. I should be able to come in OK on all my food today except for the cholesterol and sat fat because of the eggs, but I'm OK with those anyway because I've done well on both the past two months.

I've got to go to the grocery store and get to the Y.

Sorry about not being very supportive of y'all the past couple days. I'll try to catch up.

Congrats to all doing well and big hugs to all who are struggling.

Last edited by Mern; 07-24-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I didn't miss replying to anyone. If anyone was expecting a reply and didn't get one, please let me know.

Thanks, everyone, for your anniversary congrats and wishes.

Ashlie, thanks for rooting us into the weekend with your positive attitude! Wow, you've done a FANTASTIC job this week!

Chibisub, glad your digestive track is getting better. Mmm, I love Bob Evans--they have great omelets and I love how they substitute really healthful stuff for me at no extra charge. Best wishes on getting the sales lead position.

Lizzie, congrats on the starter size chicken salad with burgers and fries all around you! You go girl! That really IS a great tip from Cassie about exercise--to just make oneself do ten minutes of exercise and knowing one has an "out" makes it easier to start. Whenever I promise myself even just five minutes I can usually do fifteen and that really makes me feel better both physically and mentally.

Cassie, is the tourney over? How was it? Did ya get your beloved fro yo? "I attended a continuing ed seminar today on obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Most of it was information we all know, but there were definitely some new wrinkles and things to reflect upon." Got time to quickly name a couple new wrinkles and things for the rest of us to reflect upon? Wow, you really did great this week on your goals! Congrats to ya! Your comment about exercise as a child reminded me of an episode of the TV series THE MIDDLE where the mother, Patricia Heaton (spelling?) rediscovered the joy of skipping. Her husband was getting ready for bed on night when she told him "I'm going out for a skip." LOL Wow, congrats on your courage to try to re-set your system. I rather like that terminology--has a positive ring to it. I also very much appreciate your encouraging us to check in this weekend. Catching up today is doing me a world of good.

Quinn, I see people at the Y reading books while on the treadmill or stationary bike. But I enjoy looking out the window at the scenery or people coming and going while on the treadmill. And on the stationary bike I can watch and admire the people doing the elliptical. I'm a people watcher. LOL The heat hasn't killed my appetite. DH and I have been grilling out a lot this past week because the gas grill is on the patio right off the living room, so we can sit in the air conditioning except to tend to the grill. Other than that we've been doing cold sandwiches or chef salads. Nice cold, juicy peaches and cantaloupe were also welcome additions as dessert. I can recall cooking indoors this week only stuff in the microwave except for a pot of Chinese green beans (aka yard beans) that take only 15 minutes to simmer covered to our desired tenderness and just before done I added diced pre-cooked ham. Great job on your calories, BMI, bread, supplements, water! How'd you do at the party at the lake?

Mary, I hope you're doing better this weekend in the heat. I'm so glad someone was kind enough to bring you ice water at the jail while you had to work there! I bought DH a pint of gourmet peach ice cream today and am going to TRY to stick with fresh spearmint tea and cold lemon nonfat yogurt for myself. Ooh, that just gave me an idea! I'll throw some peach and some lemon nonfat yogurt in the freezer and later will toss it in the food processor to make it into a sort of sorbet.

Mike, I almost spit iced tea on my keyboard when I read your asking Cassie if she was talking about Rocky Road rather than the theme from Rocky. LOL Whew, boy, you may have trouble approaching. I'll join Cassie in calling you out next week if you can't report your "resetting." Quinn would be good for that, too, but ah, I see that you have set some five week goals, so I guess I can put my whip down for now. Congrats on the new laptop. Best wishes on getting your data recovered.

Joanna, great job this week! Where did you find the frozen kefir? Thanks for the tip!

Rubystars, I hope you get in better calories today. We don't want you getting sick. But it's understandable that you needed the sleep more than the food.

MAIN80, keep in mind that any calorie deficit is a good thing. Congrats on that, even if you don't reach 6000! I accidentally freed myself of my cheese addiction. Mostly I had it on sandwiches or as an evening snack. When I started eating sandwiches consisting of turkey or roast beef on half a low carb tortilla and adding half an avocado for extra nutrition, I realized I couldn't taste the cheese anyway, especially if I also added fresh spinach and horseradish mustard. So I started leaving it off to save calories. For my evening snack I used to almost always eat a hunk o'cheese, but in this heat I've been enjoying nonfat yogurt with flaxmeal or a low carb protein shake for a cold treat. I hope your scattered days tone down. I hate when my days are like that--luckily I don't have any many of those now days. I LOVE rubies--it's also my birthstone. But DH and I don't exchange gifts anymore. Instead, we just do a private dinner (or today it was breakfast)--just the two of us. That's very romantic to me. Whoa, you did a great job catching up with the thread! I know how time-consuming that is when even just TWO days behind. I can't always catch up.

Rose, your rant about the heat causing your ankle injury, going off the rails on food and causing you to drink the frozen Margaritas was quite entertaining. Thanks for the levity! Also LOL on your take on the dancing banana burning the calories in this heat. I had planned on going to the Y today but decided against it because I just don't have the desire to suffer the heat of just going from indoors to outdoors and vice versa. So I'm going to pop in an exercise video and do that in my living room. OMG, only two weeks to England!

Hope, I gotta ask. How was the pancake breakfast? Wishing you getting better "gymed" or walked. Hard in this heat, I know.

Hi and big hugs to anyone I didn't address personally!

Last edited by Mern; 07-24-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, it sounds like you are having a good day besides almost spitting up on your keyboard. 
Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

My crazy weekend is just starting to wind down so I thought I'd catch up on the posts and confess my sins... and they were a plenty! Got to the party yesterday at 1 pm and within 2 minutes, my SIL put a jello shot in my hand. Before I could put my purse down, she took my empty and handed me another and it kind of skidded out of control from there. Can't even begin to estimate calories because it was just a snacky, "eat and drink fest" from 1 pm until 1 am.

Had a lot of fun with friends and family water skiing, fishing, doing egg tosses, water balloon tosses, etc. Mike, I won the bass contest again this year! lol ... and have the trophy to prove it! Used my peddle boat strategy again!

Anyway, stayed there through supper, then had to do a "quick change" and head to my hubby's class reunion 30 miles away. (Small town, very casual.) Graduating class of 60 (half of which were his cousins, lol). All I can say was that it was... well... interesting. More food, more drinks, then home at around 1 am.

Food-wise, yesterday was a total loss. I would like to think that I would have made good choices, if there were any! Lots of cheesy, dippy, munchy food... not a fruit or veggie in sight unless hard lemonade and raspberry Smirnoff qualify...

Doing better today, although I feel the effects of the yucky food today. Too much salt... too much fat... just too much of everything. But, it was pretty fun, I have to admit.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all! Then it's back to picking up the pieces and starting all over again on Monday, as usual!

quinn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.