Old 07-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
1) 2600 caps deficient for the week -1156
Dude, did you eat at all today?

Good luck tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

I am moments away from going out for my morning run and it is super humid here today so I'm filling that water bottle of mine up to the top. Just wanted to take a few minutes to wish everyone a happy and successful Tuesday!

Mike, this is it. Epidural day. I'm thinking of you, Buddy!

Cassie, so glad you enjoyed your night out with the girls and wow 1344 is an amazing total for your day! You're my hero! And thanks for all the encouragement. Means a lot!

Joanna, I am totally with Cassie on this one, when you go over your calorie intake because of a medical reason, it just shouldn't count. I firmly believe that not all calories are equal and going over your limit with orange juice is much better than something like soda or candy bars. Your body is less likely to store it as fat so kudos on a healthy choice!

Mern, 24 calories is so negligible and if I had a peach tart in the house, I would not be able to resist either!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

So here goes:
1)1600 calories max- 2089 (stress and discomfort eating)
2) 64 oz water min- 48 oz
3) walk or gym at least 3x this week -looooooong walk
4) be a stretchy mama- yes
5) no sugar-yes
6) lower or fibro diet approved carbs-no (popcorn at movies blew it)

Other
1) write 1.5 hours daily except Tuesday (class)- meh, journal stuff mostly
2) meditate- yes
3) step back -trying
4) be kind (in honor of Katherine)-trying
5) see friends -walked with one, went to the movies with another

Don't have much time but Mike, I want to wish you all the best. It's funny how you felt better the day or two before; seems like that kind of thing always happens. Still, I agree with Mern; maybe today should be a day of rest for you? In any case, hope it goes beter than well, looking forward to hearing of your success with it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, best wishes today.

Quinn, I had forgotten you mentioned a while back about your daughter trying to get into that program this summer on the schooner. Awesome story about your Dad.

Joanna, congrats on the gym and protein yesterday! That must be a real chore managing your blood sugar. I hear more stories about type 1 problems than type 2 as far as keeping blood sugar stable. Is it even harder when on a weight loss program?

Cassie, you were up late last night! How'd you sleep? Kudos on YOUR great job yesterday! So glad your night out with the girls worked out well--actually amazingly well. I'll definitely try the cinnamon with peaches next time. Oh, yeah, my little stray from food goals yesterday was really worth it--went over with quite healthful and really yummy food and still met my calorie deficit goal with exercise calories burned counted.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Hope. So sorry about your stress and discomfort. Well, congrats on the long walk, stretching, and lack of sugar. If you posted it, I missed it due to sometimes having time to only skim the posts--who is Katherine?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, I was typing as you were posting. LOL Thanks for your encouragement on my peach tart treat. Whew, girl, congrats on doing a morning run! It reached 96 degrees here yesterday but with the humidity we reached a heat index of ONE HUNDRED FIFTEEN!

How hot is it where the rest of you live?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

I should be doing housework...

I just checked my leftover low carb black soy "baked" beans. They are PERFECT! As I said yesterday, cooking one can stovetop for 2 1/2 hours would be ideal, but now I know cooking for just 1 1/2 hours the day ahead works, too. One can makes about 3 servings.

I inadvertently said yesterday I stirred often. Actually I stirred only occasionally--about maybe once every half hour after bringing to a simmer. I'm guessing if baking a larger quantity in the oven, stirring wouldn't be necessary at all?

Last edited by Mern; 07-12-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Rose, I was typing as you were posting. LOL Thanks for your encouragement on my peach tart treat. Whew, girl, congrats on doing a morning run! It reached 96 degrees here yesterday but with the humidity we reached a heat index of ONE HUNDRED FIFTEEN!
It is in the 80s right now but with the humidity it's hotter than the gates of hell out there! I am usually able to run a 20-minute set without stopping but today I did a 14-minute run and then walked briskly for 5, then did another 10-minute run in a 45-minute workout. I am drenched!!!!! Gotta jump into the shower now to get to work on time.

Stay out of that heat, Mern! 115 is INSANE!!!! You're in a fiery inferno down there! Stay cool, Love.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
It reached 96 degrees here yesterday but with the humidity we reached a heat index of ONE HUNDRED FIFTEEN!

How hot is it where the rest of you live?
After a week of high humidity and temps near 90, today is absolutely GORGEOUS! Breezy, low humidity and a forcasted high of 78! Perfect day for trail hiking with a light pack... hope my day provides a break in schedule to get out there!

You guys are killing me with all the talk of peach pie, tarts, etc.! Peach pie is my all time favorite!!! My MIL (fantastic farm cook) makes the most incredible peach custard pie... I'm drooling on my keyboard just thinking about it. And I add cinnamon to my peaches sometimes too, especially for peach cobbler... with vanilla ice cream... a little freshly whipped whipping cream... UGH!!! Gotta stop it!!! lol

No wonder why we gain weight and fall off track in the summer... with all of the great fruits and vegetables coming in and all of the delicious recipes that we crave when they do. I keep telling myself, "...eat an apple, not an apple pie". My good friend (the pastry chef) and my husband are already working on ideas for my birthday cake... There couldn't be a more "anti-diet" chef than him. His small cakes probably weigh close to 4 pounds with the high butter content. And then, Cassie, there's my annual 200 mile round trip to my favorite Italian restaurant; a birthday tradition for me. Yep, July is full of land mines!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.