Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, Quinn,

I wish DH was bit more like your Dads or that we had a scary brother or "crazy" vet friend but DH is more a "give em a chance" kind of a guy so all we have in the "tough love" dept is me, Fierce Hope. My Dad was pretty intense (in ways) but it back fired and made me rebel more. If BF was gonna be around longer (he's going to college and doesn't drive or have much in the way of transportation back) or if they seemed to be in love, maybe I WOULD "throw the bum out." But I don't want to make him a hero so DD is going to find both her freedom and her use of our cars limited till she wins back trust. And maybe she is gonna ask herself is he worth it? She just got a job and Mama's gonna make sure she's nice and busy before he leaves (college vistis/trips to the city, whatever) so time with him will be limited, believe me. Plus there is family vacay and I can stretch that a bit too. I told her he can come here but here's the funny thing: he doesn't want to come here while I'm here!!!

I'll be gone a few days (beach vacay with friends) so let's see if he has the chutzpah to show his face here. When I am back I will say this to DD: before you go anywhere with him, let him come here because you both have to redeem yourselves as far as I'm concerned and this is where you will be doing most of your "hanging out." Or, I will say, is he just too scared of your Mom or doesn't care enough to show up and face the music?

Meanwhile DH has strict instructions to abide by the rules of her grounding and there will be HELL to pay for everyone if he doesn't or she doesn't and they KNOW it. I may not look it but I can be a tough little beast when I am riled and I AM RILED!!!!

Big hugs to all,
Hope

Last edited by canary52; 07-18-2011 at 09:34 AM.