Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

MunaAmin, I am so glad to see you back! I have been wondering how you were doing. Take a deep breath, go back to what works, and let us know how we can help.

Terri, your excitement over your vacation is coming through in waves! So happy for you and I know it will be great! Maybe some pictures?

Mike, be sure to let us know how Epidural Tuesday goes. Good luck!

Welcome, Joanna; glad to have you along for the ride .

Mern, what's on the menu today? lol. You sound like the energizer bunny. Have a great and active day!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Wow we are off to an energetic start. All of you without enough to do this week - enjoy the quiet! I find any time I'm concerned about things being slow things get bust quickly.

Muna Glad you are back with us. Don't look at those ten pounds -- look at the fact you are back at it and still way lighter than when you first joined. We all have those relapses -- the important thing is to keep working at it.

I have to start planning for the weekend as I have kids coming for 4 days. I'm going to make them eat healthy if it kills them! I'm just back from a weekend at my daughter's and managed well despite not having my old relaibles available. I took my protein powder (something I've recently added) with me and had a shake for breakfast. That seemed to help as I didn't get into the constant eating that someties follows cereal. I even ignored the pancakes I made the grandkids.

My goal for now is to get rid of the 1 1/2 pounds that is keeping me in the obese listing. You will all here a loud cheer the day I succeed. Mary
Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, MunaAmin! I was wondering where you went. Do not worry about your lapse; lapses happen to us all. You've come to the right place. We are here to get you back in shape! You can do it!

Welcome Joanna. We all try to inspire and support each other. I hope we can all motivate each other. Sometimes jsut knmowing you're gonna come here and record things gives you incentive too.

jjeand I am sorry but your comments on your youngest's bedtime escapades reminded me of the book Samuel Jackson reads online Go the F*!K to Sleep. Have you read or heard it? So funny!

Mike, good luck with your epidural. Keep us posted! I really hope it works. I'm interested to hear about it.

Mern, you energizer bunny you, as Cassie says. Thank you for asking about me. I am feeling much better today. I think the low carb diet and no sugar really help. I am so food reactive. Took a really long walk (for me anyway) with a friend today. It was kinda hot out (we went a bit late) but it was great. Great just to move my body and work up a sweat.

Good luck to all. We are going to do great this week.

Last edited by canary52; 07-11-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I'm glad you're doing better. I had it in the back of my head to ask and got distracted...a pre-senior moment, I suppose! Good for you, getting your exercise in early on.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all - I just found FitDay and signed up today. I've always struggled with keeping my weight in check. I'm here looking for some support and some perspective. I look forward to getting to know some of you as we push forward on our weight loss journey.

As for goal setting - I hadn't really thought about it for this week - until now obviously.
So here goes...

Sleep 6-8 hours a night (which is hard with a 22 month old)
Drink 2L (64 oz / 8 cups) of water each day
Walk 30 mins 5 times this week
Eat breakfast
No eating after 8:00pm
Track fitness and nutrition daily

also...
Call insurance company
Plan meals with husband
Visit parents
Go camping on the weekend

Julia
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, best wishes on epidural Tuesday!

Terri, hope your headache is gone. I woke up with one--probably mine was from snoring, though. LOL Glad the headaches will be gone by your birthday. You poor thang! Oh! Cool! You'll be on vacation then! Wishing you a memorable, fun, and relaxing time. Best wishes on your M-Th goals!

Muna, that has to be a huge amount of water weight you gained since it takes 3500 unburned calories to cause a one pound weight gain. Welcome back to the wagon!

Hi, Cassie! After the gym today I stopped and got some really lean, thin sliced roast beef from the butcher shop. Enjoyed that with horseradish mustard and half an avocado on the low carb tortilla scraps I pieced back together from the low carb tortilla tart shells yesterday. Grilling chicken breasts for dinner and making low carb baked beans with those black soy beans I discovered. What are you up to today? I had to chuckle at your pre-senior moment today. During my first seniors cardio circuit at the Y today, a lady asked me what my T-shirt read (it's just a 10 year old family reunion shirt) and only 1/2 hour later I ran into her at the butcher shop and she said, "Hey, we must travel a lot in the same circles." And in my embarrassing senior moment I said, "Oh, were you at the Y today?" She acted kinda surprised, but smiled and courteously answered, "Yes, I liked your shirt." LOL

Mary, great job at your daughter's. I was sitting here enjoying a protein shake as I read your post. They surely do come in handy! OMG, only 1 1/2 lbs. to get out of the obese range! That's wonderful! I'll be cheering with you the day you post you made it. I have a long way to go but am confident I'll get there. I am soooooo enjoying the Silver Sneakers Program at the Y. Did the cardio circuit today and told DH how invigorated I feel today, even 2 1/2 hours now since that class ended.

Jjeand, that certainly was an unsettling night and start for your day. I hope things get better as the day progresses. My son accidentally threw away his very expensive bionator (pre-braces mouth appliance) in the garbage at a fast food place years ago. He had wrapped it in a napkin and then forgot about it when he emptied the remnants of his tray contents into the garbage can. We were sooooooo fortunate to have missed it only about two hours after we got home, called the fast food place and learned they hadn't emptied the trash yet. We had to go down with gloves and search through the disgusting piles of leftover food and nasty paper and plastic ware, but we found it and the orthodontist's office told me how to sterilize it. After that experience I felt like I needed to sterilize MYSELF, my son, and my car! YUCK!

Hope, so glad you are feeling better right now. That's great that the low carb diet and no sugar really helps. Our thermometer here in Ohio is slightly over 100 degrees in the shade right now and it is horribly humid. Glad you enjoyed your walk despite the heat. Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 07-11-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Julia, glad you found us! I hope you will find he support and motivation you are seeking. I surely have with this wonderful group. Best wishes on your goals including some good sleep for a change! Ooh, hope your camping trip is lovely!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

After keeping track on my vitamin intake I noticed my calcium level is always really, really low. I am going to work hard to get it where it needs to be.

Mern, where in Ohio do you live?

My goals for this week:

1. Eat below 1,500 calories.
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day.
3. Go on walks 2 to 3 times this week, 2 miles each time.
4. Take my multivitamins.
5. Maintain Fiber intake.
6. Take measurements.
7. Weight myself daily and write it down.
8. Increase Calcium.
9. Increase Protein.

Other goals:

1. Empty out boxes for the bedroom.
2. Keep boyfriend on track with his diet.
3. Finish my current chapter in my book 3.
4. Start on the next chapter of book 3.
4. Get boyfriend to edit chapter 4 in my first book.
5. Take pictures for week 2
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Julia, welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you here.

ChibiSub, smart goals. I know you'll knock 'em out this week.

jjeand, good to see you and hope that things look up for you soon. Take it easy today (yes, I do realize the irony in making that statement to a mom).

Mern, yep, we can certainly embarrass ourselves with our cluelessness! I thought of you this afternoon. I was having a horrible raging sweet tooth attack (I hardly ever get those but it's been a bad day). I took one of the infamous low-carb-high-fiber tortillas, put about a teaspoon of marg on it, and sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar and baked it till crispy. It was perfect, only about 110 calories, 12 g fiber, and 8 g protein (what the heck do they put IN those tortillas??). It was the Ole 'extreme wellness' brand, FWIW. But I did think of you and your tortilla-makin' magic!

So...I'm kinda apprehensive tonight; I think I'm going to do an unplanned girls' night out, and I hadn't planned on eating out or drinking today. One of my friends is a food pusher, too, especially tortilla chips, and can get out of joint if I don't "keep pace." So I need to keep a level head. I'm posting it to stay accountable and I think I'll stick my bikini top in my purse so I can look at it and remind myself to behave. Normally I'd have no problem with a cheat day, but I've had too many lately and it shows, and I'm on the beach three weeks from tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I got the call today to set the time for my epidural for 10:30am. I talked to them b/c for the past few days have been feeling good and I think it's starting to heal. Yesterday I had zero pain or discomfort, today I have very slight discomfort. My walk is back to normal (with a slight gangsta lean... just kidding). I also think it's healing b/c I've been off of Aleve for about 4-5 days & usually when I get off of it I'm in bad pain, but not this time. They said that they would talk with the doctor and get back with me. Well I got the phone call this afternoon and the doctor said that if I'm not in pain, it's up to me (well I guess technically it's up to me regardless). If it's starting to heal up and I get the epidural, one may be all I need. So with that being said, I opted to keep my appointment. So, I will post tomorrow to let y'all know how I feel.
Tuesday is my "normal" workout day and I'm sure that I should probably just rest (especially since I won't be allowed to even drive), so I may miss that goal by 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.