Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Joining a day late. These past days since I've gotten home from vacation have been nothing but entirely slave-driving work and deadlines and stumbling into bed exhausted. Today is the LAST of the deadlines, though. I've managed to mostly-maintain my weight (177.1 this morning, but I am blaming beer-drinking from yesterday) but it is creeping slowly up in the wrong direction. I haven't even been logging food, and that's usually something I do no matter what. Exercise has fallen completely off the map.

Yesterday I relaxed and enjoyed my 4th of July -- though that meant some beer was had

So today I'm starting over - I'd like to be back under 175 by my birthday, next Friday. It's completely doable. This is just a speedbump

It's lovely to see everyone again!!! Good luck this week!

Weekly Goals:

Fitness and Exercise Goals:

1) Average of 1300 calories (no more than 1450 daily)
2) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise.
3) 96 oz. of water daily
4) 30 Day Shred 5x per week
5) 2 or more "extra exercise" cardio days
6) Limit eating out to 2 lunches and 1 dinner or less
7) Weight and record on Friday ONLY (it's TOTM, but I have a doc's appt. Friday and I want to see how their scale measures against mine)
8) Fiber pills and multivitamin every day

Other Goals:
1) 5 hours of sewing done this week
2) Clean (or at least tidy) one room every day
3) Reserve car for birthday weekend trip!
4) Mail out thank-you note
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day
Old 07-05-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

"Welcome back Quinn, never mind the slip-ups we all have them. The important thing is to finding you're way back."

Thanks... that's exactly why I love this thread. Your trip to NYC sounds incredible. I'm totally jealous! What great memories you're creating for your kids. And yes, client/company paid trips are awesome! I enjoy them occasionally myself. lol

quinn
Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm not off to a good start this week. First, I remembered my weight incorrectly (didn't pay attention to it in my signature) and realized after I said I gained nothing that I gained 1 1/2 pounds (216 this morning) in the time I was MIA from the group for almost two weeks. Not changing my signature weight, though, so it'll remind me that I messed up and need to work harder. Yesterday was not good foodwise--most of the calorie overage was due to having a really powerful craving for chocolate (I'm almost 65, so it's not the monthly PMS. LOL) and ate 2 1/2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate squares for a whopping 350 calories!

Monday report:

Calorie limit 1600 2079
Sat fat limit 10-12% 20%
Dietary cholesterol limit 300mg 523.9mg!
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.5g (at least I did SOMETHING right on food!)
Protein--just track it 149.2g or 30%
Vitamin D & fish oil capsules daily YES

Limit 2 pks artificial sweetener per day NO
Limit 2 pieces of sugar free candy 0

Water 64 oz YES

Exercise: (green as long as I'm working up)
Work up to 2 miles on treadmill 1.6
Work up to 2 miles on stationery bike on rolling hills 1
Look into seniors Cardio Circuit at the Y on M, W, F not yet

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, there's no shame in taking a vacation day from the diet. 2 1/2 oz of baking chocolate has 350 calories? Wow you would think it wasn't so high because it's not sweet. Good to know.

Poetstorm, have you considered using a stationary bike? I have horrible knees, my right knee has been reconstructed a couple of times and rehab included several hundred miles on the stationary bike. I still use it regularly and although it's not always a "pain-free" workout it is a beneficial workout for my knees and waistline, as biking builds the muscles that stabilize the knees.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi

Hi, I hope you mind me joining you - I need a little motivation!

I joined FD a couple of times, but never noticed the forum before. At my heaviest I was 266lbs but am down to 233 now. I am determined to get back into a sexy little black dress I used to wear 10 years ago! Next year hopefully.

I have been pretty good for the last two weeks so am hoping for a reasonable loss tomorrow (weigh day).

My goals for the week are:-

1. Record EVERYTHING (why is this so hard!)
2. No food containing wheat
3. No food containing sugar
4. No alcohol.

Regards
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week:

1. Eat between 1300-1500 calories per day.
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day.
3. Go on walks 3 to 4 times this week.
4. Take my multivitamins
5. Increase my fiber intake.
6. Take measurements
7. Weight myself daily and write it down.

Other goals:

1. Clean the extra bedroom out.
2. Take my bed out of storage and place it in extra bedroom.
3. Empty out boxes for the bedroom.
4. Apply for a new job...
5. Keep boyfriend on track with his diet.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Back and needing extra motivation as the scales has not moved in a week despite my work. I feel thinner so I expect it's just this fun thing the scales does to us however it makes it harder to stay on track.

Mern -- I'll never be done cleaning my house. I did throw out some dead flowers yesterday - thats a start. LOL I need to invite people over so I have to clean - but that involves food and alcohol.

Sailing lesson went well. My back bugged me a bit however it's fine today. Off to the Y to see if those other muscles are okay.

Good food wise yesterday. Going to dinner at friend's tonight, however she is on the health track too so has promised a healthy meal - and we are going kite flying first. Now I have to find out how many calories an hour of flying a kite burns! Mary
Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the new posters and I'm glad to see all the regulars back! It's nice to see this thread really active . It's a huge help and I need it!

Quinn, we must have been separated at birth. Both of us keep doing the same darn thing! What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results? Sheesh!

Let's get our heads in gear, shall we??
Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Mern and I'll remember about sticking to lower weights too for workout type stuff so my shoulders won't get hurt. At my job I often have to lift steel toe boots and ladders and things like that so it would be really bad if I injured my shoulders.

As for my goals so far so good.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back to all the returning members and welsome to the new ones, Rubystars, poetstorm,StrawberryBeds & ChibiSub.

I guess since we have so many new ladies... I should put this out there, I'm a guy, if anyone wishing to not have me post here, LMK b/c I won't get my feelings hurt. If you feel like you can't be yourself just let me know.

I would post an anonymous (sp?) poll but I don't think I can do it in an existing thread... but I'll check.

Okay ladies, I figured that I'd finally get around to posting my goals. This will be for Tues-Sun b/c yesterday was a big cheat day for me.

Health and Fitness
1) -3000 calories
2) gal. of water a day
3) workout 3x
4) post here every day
5) log everything

Non Health & Fitness
6) write 4 policies
7) take the dogs for 2 walks
8) quit whining about my back (or PITA)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.