Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 PM
FitDay Member

Mern I got injured a couple of years ago using walk away the pounds. The exercise that hurt me was the side to side movements. It pulled a tendon in my knee. I was too heavy to do that exercise I guess and it put too much stress on the joint because side to side is such an unnatural movement. I can do everything in that video except for the side-to-side motion because it will injure my knees. It took months for my knee that I injured to feel normal again. So I don't do anything that I think will put too much stress on my knees. I'm about 150 lbs above my goal weight and according to the BMI charts I'm at an unhealthy weight even though thank God I can still move around just fine, etc. So I do have to be very careful about what exercises I do especially when it comes to my knees.

I stayed with a relatively stable weight over the past couple of years until recently my doctor had told me I'd gained about 20 more than I thought I had so I figured I'd better try this again so I won't get sick. A lot of the exercise videos I've seen are really too much impact on my knees. I could do the walk away thing but just do the walking part instead of the side to side motion when they do that part perhaps?

Last edited by Rubystars; 07-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Monday

My goals for this week:

I had a busy day at work and I walked a lot in addition to the 40-minute run/walk I did this morning before work. It was a GORGEOUS morning for a run and gave me such a runner's high. I just love to run in the park when the sun shimmers through the tree branches.

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day. YES 1131
2. Drink 10-12 glasses of water per day. DONE!
3. Exercise 4 hours this week. 40 min.
4. Take my multivitamin. YES
5. Eat 30% protein or more. YES 44%
6. Stay away from that sugar! YES!

Other goals:

1. Put up the solar blind in the kitchen!
2. Apply sealer to the coffee table. DID IT!
3. Get copy of key made.
4. Water the flowers. YES
5. Mail package.[/QUOTE]

Amy, glad to hear you did okay in NYC! I'm super impressed actually. I always have a hard time resisting all the delectable treats that call out to me but like you said, you get so much walking done that it's hard to gain a ton of weight in the big sensible apple.

Rubystars, welcome to the thread! Walking is a great way to ease yourself into more challenging workouts later. I don't know where you live but for me, just putting on a pair of headphones and going outside is my favorite way to get moving.

Wowgirl, welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a nice long weekend!

Mern, so glad to have you on the motivational thread. I am sure you will hit your 2-mile goal this week!

Main80, what kind of dog do you have? Mine is a 14-year-old Schnoodle so our walks are about 15 minutes each and pretty low key now although I have to walk him 3 times per day because we don't have a backyard.

Hope, good luck with your goals this week. They look good! (And keep up posted on the kitties.)

Good luck with your goals this week, Everyone!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-04-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness (same o'l, same ol')
1) 1600 calories or less, 1664
2) stretch, yes
3) 64 oz of H2O sigh why is this so hard? 64
4) gym or walk 2-3 times, does walk through town for fireworks count?
5) avoid sugar yes
6) go easy on the carbs (exception: July 4th) no (hamburger bun and a little whole wheat pasta with pesto)

Other
1) remember to take fibro meds, yes
2) do not get back to relying on painkillers (exception: July 4th), No
3) ditto for sleep meds. one half a benadryl
4) write at least one hour, no
5) meditate, no
6) schedule fun (museums, plays, dinner by the river, etc), talked about it
7) stop obssessing over DD, yes

Running out to class, tawk more later.

Amy, when were you in NYC? You sound like you did great.

Last edited by canary52; 07-05-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! Brand new here but I figured I would try this out. Nice to meet everyone.

Goals:
Eat 1500 calories per day
Try to be more prepared in knowing the calories if I eat out so there aren't any surprises. :P
Exercise at least 3 hours this week
Try to get out for lunchtime walks 2 - 3 days this week

Other goals:
Do more house cleaning
Put away the laundry on time this week
spend at least 2 hours writing
do some work on my website
Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, great job in NCY. Kudos on getting right back down to business on food and exercise. I see you do laundry 6 days a week. I remember doing 14 loads per week when my kids were young. Now DH and I split the chore.
14 loads? Holy Mt. Washmore that's a lot of dirty laundry! I usually have to do about 6 loads/week unless it's soccer season, for some reason soccer uniforms are forever full of stink and need to be washed right now before tonight's game Ahhhh! Thank heavens racing swim suits aren't supposed to be washed just rinsed out and spritzed with suit saver. Although I will admit that during swim season I wash stinky towels by the dozens.

DH did his own laundry when we first got married but that ended when I became a SAHM, very occasionally he'll help with it a little (like when he has no underwear or his wife his complaining that he isn't helping around the house blah blah blah). A few years ago I decided that to keep up with it I needed to do a load every morning and that keeps it somewhat under control.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all!

Wow, everyone is off to a really good start this week!

I had a little too much partying yesterday on the Fourth, so I'm starting today. Hopefully I got it out of my system and can get back to basics; all these cumulative slip ups are not going to look real good at the beach; I leave 4 weeks from today!

1. Keep calories below 1300.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. Log everything.
4. Post daily.
5. Drink 64 oz. water.
6. Try 2 new healthy recipes.

7. Send invoices out.
8. Deal with the dreaded insurance situation.
9. Continue working on pics for scrapbooking.
10. Get oral surgery scheduled.

Today and tomorrow is a tournament with the boy; it's going to be hot, hot, hot...hoping to not have much of an appetite !

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

I was basically a slug yesterday, but we got in from NYC at 1:00am, so I gave myself the 4th off, it is a holiday after all. None of us even got dressed until about 1:00 in the afternoon. The only productive thing I managed was a trip to the grocery store, followed by a cookout/eat-fest, where of course I ate a little too much. So I'm not off to a good start, but this morning as I forced myself to stay on that elliptical I felt the switch flip from "ugh" to "oh yeah baby", so hopefully I can stay on track this week and get it going on down the scale. Trust me that workout this morning had a level of brutality to it, it was my first in a week and every muscle and organ in my body was in full mutiny for the first 30 minutes.

1. 1,500 calories, no more. 2,248
2. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +391
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y
6. Take measurements. N

Other stuff:

1. Gardens, continue to weed & preen and buy 46-0-0 for corn patches. N
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. N
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N
4. Call in-laws. N
5. Call grandma. N
6. Housework
Monday, upstairs bathroom, down stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday, kitchen, hallway, stairs, laundry
Wednesday, living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday, DD's room, dining, laundry
Friday, master bedroom, den, laundry
Saturday, basement, laundry
Sunday closets & cupboards (1 of each)
Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I TOTALLY fell off the wagon for the past 10 days or so, enough to start feeling it in my clothes... ugh. Why do I keep doing this? I had so much more discipline last summer.

Again, back to basics. I will get back to my low summer weight of 116 by my birthday at the end of the month. But, for now, I'm not weighing in until Friday... denial is an awesome tool to have in your tool box. It actually feels good to grab the reigns and get back to business.

Two huge parties later in the month and a road trip aren't going to make this easy for me, though. Husband actually held it together and I was the one to slip... very unusual. I refuse to gain my weight back and let him remain thin!!! LOL

May not be able to check in daily with all that's going on, but I'll sure try my best.

Back To Basics:

*Calories under 1200.

*Log EVERYTHING!

*Walk daily.

*4 fruits and vegetables daily... major slip lately.

*Take one hour per day to shut down, rest, nap, shop, whatever to maintain good emotional health.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, when were you in NYC? You sound like you did great.
We arrived in NYC early Thursday morning and left on Sunday night. DH had to take site measurements on Thursday and Friday, so the hotel room, his flight and cab fare to and from the airport were covered by his client. After cashing in some frequent flier miles and hotel points, we only had to pay for food, transportation and entertainment. Although I swear every time one of the kids said "I'm hungry" it was a minimum of $25. We had a really good time and have lots of ideas for visiting again, because of course you can't see all of NYC in 4 days. I'm thinking we'll go back after the World Trade Center site is finished if not sooner. His NYC clients are long term so hopefully it will work out for one of them to pony up for another little family get-a-way as well.

Welcome back Quinn, nevermind the slip-ups we all have them. The important thing is to finding you're way back.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-05-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I had two kids in cloth diapers because we couldn't afford disposable diapers, nor disposable baby wipes. And our daughter was not willing to cooperate with potty training until she was almost three. I guess she saw diaper changing of her baby brother of extra attention from which she would otherwise be deprived. LOL I'm positive of the 14 loads per week--maybe our washer was smaller than yours: 3 loads of diapers, 3 loads of towels and washcloths, 2 loads of sheets and pillow cases, 2 whites, 2 pastels, 2 darks.

Cassie, I have no doubt that you can remedy those cumulative slip ups in four weeks. You know we're all rooting for ya!

Poetstorm, welcome! Nice goals! Congrats on your weight loss success so far. Way to go!

Main80, hi. I need some of your dedication to sticking to it this week. I'm doing better on exercise for now due to the newness of joining the Y.

Rubystars, so sorry to hear about your injury! I did modify that side-to-side motion on the Walk Away the Pounds video because she says bending the knees more will allow a bigger range of motion; but the only reason I modified it was because it was awkward (didn't feel like it was causing any undue strain) and didn't seem to increase my range of motion at all. I did develop tendonitis and bursitis in my shoulder one time, not from this video, but from using handweights that were too heavy for me. My physical therapist told me to stick with hand weights two pounds or less. Let me know if you find a new video that you enjoy that suits you better.

Rose, you're off to a GREAT start this week! Aw, that's wonderful that you enjoyed your run and the beauty of the sun shimmering through the trees. And thanks for your encouragement on achieving my walking distance this week. I think I can do it--only have to add another .4 mile.

Hope, nothing wrong with "same ol' same ol'--must mean those goals are what you need right now. Hey, congrats on the 64 oz. water! I'd say the walk through town for fireworks counts. I was surprised to read we actually burn more calories walking more slowly because there's not as much momentum to carry us through the next step, so we have to exert more energy.

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.