Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Summertime Fun Thread starting 07/04/2011

Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Ducking in for just a moment of this busy day. Will be back later--went to the gym and haven't even had lunch yet at 2:05PM!

Thanks to everyone for the lovely birfday/birthday wishes. It surely made my 65th fun and memorable.

Mike, my husband and I both cracked up over the hovaround/Grand Canyon birfday card you made for me. I enjoyed that so much that I copied it to my hard drive.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mern,
I'm so glad that y'all enjoyed it.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Shucks. Thanks Ladies!

Mary, Cassie, Terri, Hope you are all so sweet to encourage me. Thank you so much! Intellectually I know this can't be right. It's a mystery why this happens sometimes and I am really really grateful to hear that I am not alone. This happens to all of us at one time or another. Anyway, I do feel my jeans are looser so I know I didn't really gain. It's just one of those little details that gnaws at me and makes me

Hope, I am really bummed to hear that you are having a bad Fibro day. Damn that Fibro! I hate it. I hope that you feel better soon and I would be more than happy to share my Artist's Way story. I am at work right now so can only steal a few minutes. I'll have to write it out tomorrow morning because tonight I am babysitting 2 of my favourite kids: a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl. They are my friends kids and no one will watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua with them except for me and my dog, Chico. So I have a full night ahead! Hope, I am sending you a great big cyber hug and hoping you feel better in record time!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

I just did the dumbest thing! I was working at my mom's and was kind of hot and sweaty so I grabbed a root beer out of the fridge without thinking. On the drive home, I discovered that I had consumed 240 calories!!!

I feel ripped off! That could have been something pretty tasty! lol
Old 07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm curious when I was watching Mystery Diagnosis one day one of the doctors on there seemed to be saying that fibromyalgia wasn't really one disorder but was like an umbrella term for a lot of different disorders, some of them possibly curable and some of them more treatable than others. Is this what you've learned about it from your doctors? I don't have it thank God.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am so glad you don't have it either, Rubystars! To answer as best as I can right now: thankfully that fibro umbrella diagnosis myth has been mostly dispelled. It used to be called a "wastebasket diagnosis" and was not acknowledged medically until drugs came out for it. Thank you, Lyrica and Cymbalta, for giving us credibility. Everyone's fibro experience is different because fibro symptoms "travel" which is why they seem like a lot of different disorders and yes some of them are treatable or manageable. Also things depend on the degree to which a person has it. Some people just get muscle and head aches, some get the full metal jacket of it all. And the crippling fatigue can be as bad as the pain.

To give you some really good information, better than I have the energy to give, look at the website: Fibromyalgia Treatment Center / Guaifenesin Protocol
Also look at the books: What Your Physician May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia by R Paul St Amand (one of my doctors. Reading his book was like seeing the story of my life written. So many differents things I suffered from for years: back pain, frequent UTIs, panic attacks, depression, even what was wrongly diagnosed as vulvadynia turned out to be related.) Also look for any book or article by Mark Pellegrino. You can Google Pellegrino; he's got lots of articles out there. And thanks for your interest. When people ask me about fibro and DH is there, he just shakes his head and says people have no idea. Sometimes the hardest thing about all this is watching him suffer, trying to figure out how to help me. But I have found ways to deal with fibro!

Rose, I think the scale must be showing the weight of your big heart. Thank you, honey, for your kind and encouraging words. Have fun with your little buddies, sounds like a fun night!

Quinn, ohno, calories wasted on root beer. Yick. That sucks. 240 calories. Just shows doesn't it, how easily they add up? But maybe the work you did at your Mom's burned it off?

Last edited by canary52; 07-07-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I just did the dumbest thing! I was working at my mom's and was kind of hot and sweaty so I grabbed a root beer out of the fridge without thinking. On the drive home, I discovered that I had consumed 240 calories!!!

I feel ripped off! That could have been something pretty tasty! lol
Oh man I hate when that happens! I was at a friend’s house this weekend and someone offered me a Four-Loco beer. I drank half of it before I looked up how many calories it was. Wow! That's one of my biggest challenges is making sure I know before I eat something.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

FITNESS:
  • Drink four bottles of water a day. Y Y Y
  • Eat only Lite n' Easy (Tuesday exception). N NY
  • Gym six times. N N N
  • Update goals daily. Y Y Y
  • Focus on 10% challenge. N N Y
  • Continue cutting back smokes. Y Y Y
NOT FITNESS:
  • Keep the new attitude. K KY
  • Update blog every day. N Y Y
  • Make an effort on my apperance daily. Y Y Y

Seeing some more greens today, didn't go to the gym AGAIN, but yesterday was the first day in a long time that I only ate my Lite n' Easy food, no choc, no chips, nothing else. So I'm happy. And look, it didn't kill me!
Going to a friend's tonight, so dinner won't be LnE, but I've brought tomorrows food with me to work, so I can have it rather than nothing / other crap on the way home.
Might not be able to post tomorrow, but I now have mobile accecss to my blog, so going to test updating that sometime today.
Cheers all, have a great weekend.

Last edited by wowgirl88; 07-07-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Stupid BBS code! :)
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Again, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, songs in big fonts, cards, etc. Y'all helped make my day very special.

Although I was hoping there would be no birthday cake yesterday, I had to eat some because my husband (bless his heart) went to three stores asking for what he called a "dietary birthday cake." A grocery store bakery clerk sold him a carrot cake laden with really thick, super sweet cream cheese frosting. She told him carrot cake is healthful for anyone "because it's primarily made with vegetables." Well, if nothing else, it was incredibly moist and delicious. LOL I ate a piece yesterday and today because I couldn't bear to burst his bubble. Oh, it'll be OK--otherwise I stayed on plan very well and I'm back on track full force.

Rose, I love your card, too. Like Mike's, I saved it on my hard drive. I know for sure your cake was less carby than the one DH got me. Chick Fil A is a fast food restaurant featuring chicken instead of burgers. They have grilled chicken and salads in addition to fried chicken and French fries. But their chicken nuggets taste more like fresh chicken than does McDonalds. We wound up at McDonalds anyway because I was incorrect in thinking there's a Chick Fil A near the movie theater. So I had a McDonalds tossed salad with grilled chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing and an unsweetened iced tea. Kiddo, many of us have been there before doing all the right things and the scale not moving for a long time or showing a gain. It's frustrating, but the gain can be from more muscle (which we all know weighs more than the same volume of fat) temporary water weight gain, or maybe, as you suggested, you're losing inches and it's just not showing up on the scale. Just keep doing what you're doing and like Terri, that scale will eventually give you a wonderful payoff. Big hug to ya!

Cassie, thanks for answering about your 959 calorie day. I've had that before, too--a heavy calorie or heavy carb day followed by a nice light one the next day because of needing to get my stomach back to feeling normal. Hey, that was a good idea to check in here often to keep from snacking since you had a slow work day. We don't bring snacks to our computer, either. So did the workers get done in your house? LOL on singing to Quinn "in big fonts" on her birthday. Boy, you sure got that right--parents of teenagers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. You just do the best you can with the knowledge you have at the time. I can say with all certainty that I made mistakes with my kids, but I can also say that 95% of the time, I DID do the best I could with the parenting knowledge I had at the time. If memory serves me right, the times I did mess up were times I was more angry and intent on punishment more as payback than as guiding and teaching. I'm not proud of those decisions. I've talked with my two grown kids (both now in their 30's) about my mistakes and given my apologies. I hope they really do understand as they say they do and that somehow they will learn from my parenting mistakes.

Hope, thanks for your kind words. Everyone here is so supportive of each other, as are you. I hope you're in better spirits now. Sucks that you didn't enjoy the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts movie. I was looking forward to seeing that, but after seeing you didn't think it was worth it, I may do an Internet search to see if anyone liked it. I took my younger grandkids to see Mr. Popper's Penguins yesterday--OK movie for the little kids--I think they could have written it start to finish in two months. My 7 & 10 year old grandkids laughed several times over the penguin antics, but I don't think it was worth $7.25 per kid for a Wednesday matinee.

Quinn, what day is your birthday? Is Terri's (on the 15th) the third July birthday you were talking about? Mary's is in August. After your husband's missteps yesterday, I was wondering if you were considering using him for bear bait again. LOL How is your Mom doing?

Mary, glad you had a good time with your friends despite the lack of wind for kite flying. Congrats on strawberries and ice cream and still a calorie deficit.

Terri, you probably read that DH got me a really carby carrot cake that someone sold him as healthful. But that's behind me now--yeah, as "on my big behind." LOL Aw, kiddo, you have a really good idea about continually reminding yourself that everything tends to work itself out with time. I've had a few weeks of unsatisfactory sleep, too, over our daughter allowing her 10 year old to decide if she wants to go live with her father out of state. I don't believe it's in her best interest and I already started crying myself to sleep at night over something that may not happen. I try to keep reminding myself of the calming words I used on myself when I was younger--"don't worry about stuff until you KNOW FOR SURE you have something to worry ABOUT; i.e. if the worst hasn't happend yet, it may NOT happen in the end. I'll be tuning up my birthday singing fonts with Cassie until the 15th.

ChibiSub, my two granddaughters are like that-one would be about three inches taller if her legs were longer like her sister. Other than that their bodies are the same size. LOL on your making Conan O'Brian look tan.

Wowgirl, it's really hard to reply to everyone all the time unless you have no life away from the computer. LOL I always want to keep up, but sometimes just have to sincerely post something like "kudos to those of you doing well, and big hugs to those who are struggling." And I really believe that our group members here know that we all do care about each other whether we have time to reply individually or not.

Almeeker, great job on the blueberries and almond milk snack. Healthful, low cal, and sensible!

Mike, congrats on the only 356g carbs instead of 500. LOL I've done a double-take several times myself after having clicked on the wrong custom food. You still got that pimp cane, eh? LOL

Last edited by Mern; 07-07-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Wowgirl, you've got the right idea--give yourself a good pat on the back and put the good days in the forefront of your mind. Congrats also on taking tomorrows food with you to work. Creative thinking! Way to go!

Wednesay and Thursday report:

Food and nutrition: I didn't log my food yesterday or today. Honestly I did not look at the carb count of the "dietary carrot cake" my husband bought me, of which I had a piece both days. I know it would be horrible and I honestly don't want to know what the carb count was. One normal slice has to be at least double or triple my 25g net carbs allowed per day. No one made me eat it--I chose to. But, as I said in a previous post, I ate on plan and did excellent both days on all targets not considering the cake.

Water was at least 64 oz. both days

Oops--I forgot my fish oil and vitamin D yesterday. Took today's, though.

Yesterday was a planned day off exercise. Today 45 minute class at the Y for muscle strength and range of motion for seniors, followed by 1.6 miles of stationary bike on my own and .6 mile of that was rolling hills intensity. Pretty good for a 65 year old beginner, I'd say.

I'm going to to bed early. Goodnight or good day, wherever you live. Hugs to all!

Last edited by Mern; 07-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.