Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11 >

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Community
Notices

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, glad you checked in; you seem to be keeping your head above water. I hope your mom is recuperating and that you can get quickly into the new routine, and back on clean eating. Tuesday was my crash-and-burn day; I'm right there with you.

The teenage girl stories are, indeed, amusing; maybe there needs to be a dedicated support thread for that? I can't tell you how often my husband and I look at each other and say, "I don't know how we would be handling it if we had a girl!" My hat's off to all of you who are raising (or have raised) them through the teen years.

Hope, I'm sure hoping that you are feeling better today. I know that getting hit by the fibro train is frustrating on a lot of levels.

Rose, your goals are amazing this week! Keep up the great work! I'm glad you had such a rewarding active day yesterday. I'm going to try to keep that in mind today to motivate me.

Mike, counting the days till the epidural? I may have mentioned, a co-worker had amazing results with his; I hope yours brings you some relief.

Managed to pull it back in yesterday, thank goodness. It feels so much better to be in control than out of control...so why do I keep doing that?? I'll need to get back to journaling to try to figure it out.

1. Balance calories in & out. Yes, Epic fail, Much better
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran today, None, Double-cardio tennis & weights
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more. Yes, Nope, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 6.5, 6.5, 6.5

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales! Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day. Yes, Yes, No
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others. Started
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less! Yes-EVEN at the cell phone store, which took Herculean effort, I only bitched when necessary , Pretty much
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

"Do you have a really good bottle of wine, some nice dark chocolate or something to get you through? Are you like me, a total neurotic worrywart, or like my DH, a trusting reasonably well adjusted person?"

Hope,

I'm probably more like your DH. My oldest, now 28, almost killed me. (Seriously, BP in the 225 range.) My youngest is a really good kid. Her group is very academic, top 10 students of their class. They lovingly call themselves "The Nerd Herd". If you've ever watched "Bones" on TV, the lead character is exactly like my daughter.

After ending a 1 1/2 year steady relationship, she went back to her lifelong friends (guys and girls, no real steady dating) and it has been WONDERFUL!!! No boys with their noses pressed up against my front door for the past year.

She is, most likely, going to a college for engineering with a student ratio of about 6 boys to every 1 girl, which her father is a little concerned about.

Time to start my day. Today, I WILL control my eating and get back on track. I'm seriously still sick this morning from yesterday's binge. Ugh.

Have a great day, all!

quinn
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! I'm struggling with my goals this week, not really sure why since things are going pretty smooth, oh well! I haven't worked out all week, been doing stuff in the house every evening, and just pretty much lazy after that. Gotta get motivated tho, I need a new workout!!

Fitness goals:
>1300 cals/day Y,N,Y
1 gal water/day Y,N,Y
eat clean/low carb lunches Y,N,Y
workout 3 times N,N,N

Lifestyle goals:
get blinds upstairs N,N,N
1 load laundry/day Y,Y,Y
Do weekly menu book N,N,N
Trust more, nag/complain/question less N,Y,Y
1 room cleaned/day - Mon-den N
Tues-DS room N
Wed- DD room sorta
Thurs-my room
Sat/Sun-mop kitchen and dining room

Going to eat lunch with a friend today, so I'm gonna try to make good choices! I decided not to plan meals and do menu book until after we get back from the beach, since kids are eating at bible school all week and we are leaving Wednesday! Gonna start fresh when we get home!

Have a great week, fitdayers!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Had a good week exercise and food wise. Plan to be down for weight in tomorrow. I have to get stricter if I want to meet my August 14th goal. Mary
Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mary: You're making me want to buy a bike! And eat chocolate-dipped strawberries, mmmm. Perfect.

Hope: I hope that you're feeling better today - that sounds like an awful bout of your fibro

quinn: Good to hear from you! I think treating yourself is a little bit warranted at least - glad to hear you seemed to have a good time with the Committee, and I hope that your Mom is comfortably recuperating and everything in your family life is settling down a little bit....except your daughter with those Germans!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals
1) Achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit by food alone M: -744 T: -429 W: -326 (Week Total = -1499)
2) Achieve a total 7,500 calorie deficit by a combination of food and exercise M: - 972 T: -429 W: -461 (Week Total = -1912)
3) 30 Day Shred six days of the week M: yes T: Day off W: No
4) Two days of "extra cardio" exercise M: No T: No W: No
5) At least 96 oz. of water daily M: yes T: I think so W: yes
6) Do not weigh until Friday M: yes T: yes W: yes
7) Achieve between a 40/30/30 and 50/30/20 (C/P/F) ratio for the week (I'm flexible on this - really I want the protein to be at 30!) M: 37/28/35 T: 48/20/32 W: 44/20/36 (Week Pie Chart: 43/22.6/34.4)

Other Life Goals
1) Get my head back in research!! M: Yes T: Big yes W: yes
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes W: yes
3) Clean something every day M: yes (kitchen) T: No W: yes (vaccuumed)
4) Work on my sewing at least 5 hours this week M: No T: No W: No

Failure on exercise yesterday - got home late again from work and needed to go grocery shopping fairly desperately - so at least I was walking and pushing a cart around. I didn't sleep well at all Tuesday night, so I was dead on my feet the whole day yesterday. I also had fried chicken pieces with dinner yesterday ( - BF made them) so I absolutely am going to hit the gym today. I refuse to stay late at work for a third day in a row, so that means really focusing. I'm also planning on a fairly light food day - I had a yogurt with fruit for breakfast, lunch is a salad with some leftover chicken from the fridge, and dinner is likely going to be meatless (black bean quesadillas), though BF may demand chicken on his.

I think I'll feel less guilty if I do an "extra cardio" day today along with the Shred. Hopefully I'm up to it! Still feeling really tired, and this weekend probably isn't going to be a catch-up-on-sleep sort of weekend. I think the only thing I dislike about vacations is how everything seems to pile up after even a few days off -- I wonder if life was this way 50 years ago? I blame computers and the internet, and the I-need-everything-right-now culture that seems to be going on. I'm sick of getting 20 follow-up e-mails every hour asking me if something is done yet. No, it's not done. I'll let you know when it is done. I'm working on it and replying to you is taking my time away from working on it, grrrrrr!!

I know I'm just bitching right now, but I needed to vent a little

Happy Thursday!

~Terri
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie, you did mention it before. It makes me feel better knowing that this is probably the right decision.

Well today was sort of a planned cheat and OMG (did I just say OMG?? Now I'm starting to sound like a teen) I feel like crap with my carb binge. I'm at just over 200g which is NOTHING for a cheat day for me and I think I need to pull back the reins on that.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
Finally got off my butt and exercised! 30 min of biking. Temp was down to 90.

Me too! First 3 mile walk in 3 weeks!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I see you're scheduled for an epidural. How is the back doing since I've been away?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

I have been back from the vacation since Monday, but haven't had the chance to get here. Coming back from vacation is hard! I did good with my food and drinks I think, since I did not put on any weight (I have been on a plateau anyway). I didn't manage any goals this week, just get the body and mind back to real life. But I wanted to check in with all of you.

Almeeker, hope you have a good trip! NYC! How exciting! If its any consolation my beach trip was with my nieces and nephew, 10, 6 and 1. Granted they are not mine, but I tried to help out as much, specially with the one year old, who is a handful. Still its wonderful to be able to share those moments and give your kids such wonderful memories.

Cassie, great news on the hydrostatic test! You are an athetle! And you have been having a great week even with the epic fail and all

Hope, oh teenagers! Just have to wait and see what the rest fo the summer brings, maybe it won't be too bumpy. In the mean time don't forget to take care of yourself, hope your aches have gone now.

Quinn, nice to read from you, hope your life gets to a new normal soon. Your daughter sounds like a lot of fun if she is like the Bones character

Mike, great you have your epi scheduled now and being able to go back to the gym.

jjeand, that strawberry creamcheese bread sounds delicious! How sweet of your daughter and your plan sounds like it went well. Congrats on the workout today!

Rose, I felt like going to NYC just from all your descriptions! You have done great with your goals. Happy Canada Day!

Terri, looks like you have had a crazy week but have managed to stick around! Waiting for the pink dress pictures when you get them, I have been asking for some pictures for almost a year now... no success, I hope that is not the case with your sister

Mary, congrats on your exercise and food this week!

Ashlie, congrats on the no nail biting! Keep working at your goals, I also have a hard time with the workouts... ugh

Ginger, welcome! Hope you are doing great with your goals.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Main 80! It is so hard to come back from vacation, isn't it? But you did great; not gaining is a plus! And it's amazing how you took time to address us personally. I admire that.

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180, 1480,1298,1780 (so hungry lately)
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less, no, no, walk
]3) 64 oz water minimum"] 72, 64,36?, 64
4) stretch"] yuuuuuuuup, no, tried to fibro prevented movement, yes
5) cut sugar: yes, yes, yes, yes
6) reduce carbs-yes, yes, no, no had pizza
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes, had writing workshop, wrote all day, yes
2) meditate-yes, no, no, no
3) don't fight with DD- NO, Yes got along great, yes, NO fought yet again, how do we get into this?
4) find vet for other cats and bring em-researching, made appointment, left message for old vet for records, vet on Friday
5) make vacation plans- trying, trying, TRYING, YES booked a trip
6) make plans to visit colleges-No, NO,NO, NO
7) listen-No, NO, yes, eh
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know)yes

Last edited by canary52; 07-01-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.