Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11 >

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Community
Notices

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Lordy Hope, I'm sorry bout your DD drama! I'm holding my breath, I know I'm in for it any day with DD16, its been calm for tooooo long!!

Thinking of you girl, eat healthy, gonna need energy to stay on top of everything!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Welcome aboard Ginger.

Cassie you sound like a teen talking about an epic fail.
Yep, we're well-versed in teen speak at our house! Generally I can do pretty well (and most of my clients are teens), but when my husband tries it's usually...an epic fail.

Terri, glad to have you back; glad you had a good time and anxiously awaiting pics!

Hope, thanks, and hang in...bumpy ride sounds about right. Use us to vent if you need to!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-29-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
We're going to the Met, and probably the MOMA or the Gugg too. Personally I would go to all 3, but the kiddos and I do not have the same love of art - yet. I'm working on them. We're absolutely going to the planetarium, the kids will love that. We're also taking them to the Statue of Liberty and to Ground Zero. We told them last night that we're going on a trip and who could guess where. The youngest pipes up with "NEW YORK CITY!" And DH and I were like, "How did you know that?" We've been pretty secretive about the destination. Anyway she gives us this incredulous look and says, "I always wanted to go there, so I knew you were gonna take me there for my birthday." Ah the logic of a 5 year old. I can't believe she's getting so big.

My parents went to NYC a couple of years ago and said that there is an ice cream parlor in China Town that is not to be missed, like 100 flavors of ice cream. I think I've been to 16 handles, but that was a long time ago. In college I dated a guy from Manhattan.
How fantastic! This is going to be a family trip to remember! If you have to choose between the MOMA and the Guggenheim, the MOMA is definitely more kid friendly. The permanent collection is spectacular and the outdoor space too. Also there's a good restaurant at the MOMA. The Guggenheim is amazing too don't get me wrong. Architecturally, it is my favorite building in all of Manhattan. That soaring spiral is so majestic and harmonious. Sigh. I miss it now!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Had a good day, staying on track even while making chocolate dipped strawberries. I'm taking fruit trays in to work tomorrow and to beach on Friday. Went for bike ride tonight, becoming more adventurous looking for longer route. Brakes are working much better - I rode down a hill I'd been avoiding - no problem. I'll try the one with the water at the bottom next. Mary
Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Rose you sound like a former NYorker; I don't know, are you?

Mary if you can be good dipping strawberies then my hat's off to you! You sound like you're doing great.

Jjeand, what a sweet thing for DD to do tho that's just like when my neighbor showed up with an apple pie almost the moment I started low carb. I was like errrm uhhh thanks, even as I struggled not to inhale the whole thing.

Terri, thank you for your condolences. We're still in shock and wondering how it all happened.

I was so fartootst today between DD back with BF, life stress and working all day that I forgot to take my meds. I was out trying to buy a bbque grill with DH when all of a sudden a wave of fibro hit me like a tsunami. My back started hurting so bad I felt like I needed to lie down and my balance was so off I felt like I was gonna fall down. I started to get queasy and achy and headachy all at once. A fog started to drift over my brain so thick it was hard to speak. Then DH said did you take your pills and I hadn't - all day. So I took em now and let's hope they kick in soon. I've been in a mild flare for days, made diet and lifestyle adjustments, trying to avoid this: the big bad fibro monster. Thanks for letting me vent.

Hope you all are well.

Last edited by canary52; 06-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone,

Life's starting to resemble some form of normalcy... perhaps a new normal? Not quite sure yet. We've had a few good days, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

My eating habits have slipped since the tension has eased up... (What???) Seems as though I'm "treating" myself with food for getting through a rough patch. But, enough is enough and I will get my clean eating habits back in order starting tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty guilty tonight for stuffing myself all day with every "bad" food imaginable. Did 6.5 hours of errands today trying to catch everything up for the two households in between appointments. Yes, drive-throughs were involved... Had a "meet and greet" with the Scholarship Committee tonight, as well, for the Schooner trip which involved lots of desserts... I'm soooooo stuffed right now. Name the bad food and chances are good that it's in my stomach right now. lol

I've been laughing at all the talk of teenage daughters... my 17 y/o just texted me to say that she was loading up her car with a group of male German foreign exchange students and heading for a local lake.. Lord, give me strength...
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry ladies but I haven't had a chance to read up and comment on everyone.

I had to correct yesterday's numbers b/c I forgot to factor in my workout.

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3, 47.9, 37.6
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770, -355, -764
3) gallon of water per day: yes, yes, yes
4) workout 3 times: no, yes, no
Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Rose you sound like a former NYorker; I don't know, are you?
Well I have had a long term love affair with the Big Apple. We had family there when I was a child and my mom says that after our first visit, when we left my aunt's house to drive back home, I cried most of the way... and I was only two at the time so it was love at first sight. Also, because of my work and a long-distance relationship, I have spent long periods of time there. I think I know New York better than my own city. I just love its history and the creative energy that buzzes through the streets. It is really changing though. It's not longer a city where poor artists with big dreams can go and try to "make it." It's so gentrified and expensive to live there that the whole of Manhattan is starting to look like the Upper East Side. I still have hope that it is restored to its former glory though.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning Everyone!

I had another intense day of work but got in an amazing - and I mean amazing - early morning run/walk. I was out for 45 minutes and had a real runner's high practically the whole time. I just love running! I can hardly believe it but I do! At lunch I power-walked home, walked my dog, power-walked back to work and then after work, I power-walked to the grocery store because I was out of Greek yogurt and blueberries - then walked home as fast as I could. I then grabbed my dog, and headed out to a friend's house, then walked back home. Whew! Last night in bed, my feet were throbbing a little but it felt good. Needless to say, I did a whole lot of walking!

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214/ YES 1337/YES 1252
2. Exercise 4 hours: YES 40 min/ YES 45 min
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE! DONE! DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES YES YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34%/ YES 38%/ YES 44%
6. NO SUGAR! YES/ YES/ YES!

Other goals:

1. Hem curtains: 1 panel done
2. Water flowers: YES YES
3. Deposit check: YES
4. make pear salsa:

Terri - So glad to hear from you. I can totally relate to trying to get your head back into reality after a vacay. It usually takes me 5-7 days so you're doing great!

Hope - thank you! I am definitely having a good week and at work, I have been very focused. I am an editor and sometimes I get so lost in the story I am trying to tell, I realize I've been sitting for hours without a break. My butt was killing me at the end of the day! You sure do have your hands full raising a teenage daughter. I salute you! I am so sorry to hear about your Fibro flare up though. Take extra good care of yourself and vent all you need to. Sending hugs.

Quinn - welcome back! Glad to hear that things are stabilizing.

Cassie - I'm sure you've bounced back already from your "epic fail" lol.

Mary - good for you for being adventurous on your bike rides!

Have a great Thursday, Everyone!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180, 1480,1298
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less, no, no
]3) 64 oz water minimum"] 72, 64,36?
4) stretch"] yuuuuuuuup, no, tried to fibro prevented movement
5) cut sugar: yes, yes, yes
6) reduce carbs-yes, yes, no
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes, had writing workshop, wrote all day
2) meditate-yes, no, no
3) don't fight with DD- NO, Yes got along great, yes
4) find vet for other cats and bring em-researching, made appointment, left message for old vet for records
5) make vacation plans- trying, trying, TRYING
6) make plans to visit colleges-No, NO,NO
7) listen-No, NO, yes
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know)yes

Ginger1717 Welcome! Give it a chance and you will see how helpful this thread can be and how great and supportive the people are. Good luck with your goals!

Rose, I can hear your love of the city that never sleeps. I kind of feel that way about New Orleans. Thanks also for your compassion. I took my meds and a sleeping pill last night and I am a lot better today, not totally, but better. I admire your focus re work; I can get that way sometimes but it takes a while for me to get into that zone.

Quinn, I feel your pain re DD. LOL. Mine ran into the house with a present from the BF (a movie teeshirt in her favorite color) a sopping wet pair of underwear and a flimsy story, changed her clothes (put on said tee shirt), ran out to a party with BF, then later asked if she could sleep over her BFF's (also happens to be her BF's) house. The answer was no. When she wakes up I am thinking of having one of those lovely mellow "Lucy you have some `spailin" to do talks. But yours: a trip to a lake with bunch of foreign exchange students. Do you have a really good bottle of wine, some nice dark chocolate or something to get you through? Are you like me, a total neurotic worrywart, or like my DH, a trusting reasonably well adjusted person?

Last edited by canary52; 06-30-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.