Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/20/11

Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I've decided to stay on this thread, sad as I am. Thank you for your support; you really are great.

Fitness
1) keep calories to 1300 or less:1286, 1550 (was at 1300 or below but needed, Saltines and pretzels for tummy ache), 1552
2) walk or gym 3x or more a week: beautiful walk on a beautiful road, walk, no
3) 8 glasses of water: 104 oz, 72oz, ? 40oz
4) be a stretchy mama every day (that's stretchy not bitchy) a little stretchy, not enough, very stretchy, a little I think
5) cut sugar and have fewer carbs in general: yes, yes, yes
Other
1) write at least one hour every single day: yes, tried but distracted by DD, wrote about Phoebe
2) meditate at least 15 minutes:yes, yes, no
3) listen more: trying!!! but no, no,?
4) worry less: eh, yes, no
5) stay on this thread!!! yes, yes, yes
Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hope,
I am so sorry. Kitties are such dear little friends. As you may know I had a very close call with Humphrey kitty. I only wish your kitty's outcome had been the same. Big hugs and cyber sympathy.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for your compassion. Phoebe was my baby girl cat, 4 years old. She was my little black and white budhha cat, always so calm, so happy and loving. She greeted everyone who came to the door. She kept DH company at night while they watched tv together. When I stretched on a mat, she was right next to me. My joke was she had mastered the Cat Pose but would not do Downward Facing Dog. She was my nurse cat when I was healing from my knee replacement. We thought she had asthma, the vet could not give us a definite answer. She was having another attack, I made an emergency appointment but she went downhill really quickly and died in my husband's arms on the way there. We both cannot stop crying over this little cat, our sweetheart.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Felicity, welcome back! Best wishes on your goals this week.

Main80, enjoy your beach vacation!

Mike, I didn't know you're not supposed to take Aleve for more than t0 days straight. So do the injections go directly into the bulging discs? Thanks for your encouragement. I did that mile of aerobic walking yesterday.

Hope, so sorry to learn of the sudden loss of your cat. Pets are family. Big hug to ya.

Almeeker, as active as you are with your kids and exercise, I'm not surprised that 1500 calories is darned near impossible. Your body may REQUIRE more. Glad you were indoors when the storm hit! Congrats to the Hammerheads! OMG, nerve pain in your shoulder and neck! That has to hurt as much as Mike's back. Cell phone is all charged up. If I ever drive anyone else's car again, I'll be sure to take my car charger with me. How did the kids like the harp performance?

Wowgirl, best wishes on your food goals and congrats on cutting back on the smokes. As an ex-smoker, I know how hard it is. But you can do it!

Mary, congrats on your exercise, cutting back on the salt by home cooking and for your motivation.

Wednesday Report: I did very well except was about 1.5g carbs over--but it was low carb good food from yogurt and nuts. So I'm OK with that. Also got in a mile of aerobic walking. DH is taking our almost 7 and 10 year old grandkids to the golf driving range, so I'll exercise while they're gone.

Last edited by Mern; 06-23-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

I feel completely lost since I haven't been here at all this week! Was out of town for three days at DD's softball tourney. I have eaten like a pig and been absolutely horrible, the only thing I did "right" was drink tons of water. Since it was a hundred degrees out, I can hardly take credit for that! UGH! I also spent wayyyyyy too much money, so my bank account is crying! Between gas, and eating out with three kids, it wasn't pretty! Anyway, it was fun, I love to watch her pitch, she did a great job, I'm a super proud mama.....

Moving on.... back at work today, packed fruit, yogurt, and tomatoes for lunch....

I'm still gonna post my goals for the week, you have to start somewhere right?? Hee hee

Fitness goals:
> 1500 cals/day
30 minutes physical activity per day
work out twice with weights

Lifestyle goals:
Trust more
be positive
make menu book
re-pot hybiscus

Hope-I'm so sorry to hear about your baby, I lost my sweet bulldog in April, she was hit by a car, I know how you feel, it was awful, I'm still not over it, just learn to live with it each day. Prayers and hugs to you.

Mike - my BF has bulging discs as well, he had the epidural last year, it helped some, but he still had pain...I hope it works well for you. I know the pain is awful, I've seen poor BF be so miserable.

Cassie, I'm also curious about the shopping? I've been doing a little of that myself lately...when I really should be cleaning out my closet and wearing what is in there!! hee hee

I've missed all of you this week, glad to be back. Good luck to you all....
Old 06-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, glad you decided to stay on. I feel so bad for you. A cat I did not own but was very close to (if that makes sense) died of an asthma attack suddenly as well. I hope you can cry it out and write it out and get a little bit of closure soon. I know it doesn't make it better, but...

aspikes, welcome back to you. Sounds like an exhausting few days, especially so with the heat! I hope it was enjoyable and I'm sure it will feel good to get back to business. I hear you on how the money, the time, and the food add up. Different sport for us, but same story!! It's hard to make good choices with those constraints.

Boo, welcome back! Glad to see you post again.

About the shopping...no, it's not a huge issue, but I like clothes a lot more now than I did when I was chubby, so I'm just trying to nip the habit in the bud. Mostly what I've been impulse buying are strappy exercise tops with built in bras, because it's so hot I can't face the shirts and bras both. They're pretty cheap, but I really don't need more than one for each day of the week . And shorts...needed new shorts...I'm a sucker for a bargain.

Well, I ate waaaay too much food yesterday, so I need to recover today and tomorrow before my hydrostatic weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm hoping to have a good run tonight, too.

Hello and hope you have a happy day to everyone else...gotta run now and get some work done. Sounds like you all are doing well .

Quinn, if you're lurking at all...thinking about you.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

aspikes, glad you got to see your daughter pitch so well in the tournament. Kudos for getting right back on track and packing that nutritious lunch.

Cassie, I know what you mean. I am very close to my best friend's dog--have known him since he was adopted as a pup. When he lived across the street from me, he used to sneak over, and stand on his hind legs with his front paws on the windowsill so he could see me on the computer by the picture window. Those exercise tops with built in bras sound wonderful. Congrats on having a trim new bod to buy clothes for. Best wishes on your food recovery for the weigh in on Saturday.

Quinn, yeah, you are missed. The prayers for you and your Mom continue. Big hug to ya!

I'm so tickled to have a weekday off babysitting while DH took my charges to the golf course. A course near here is really great about allowing senior citizens to take younger kids out on the course for free (no greens fee for the kids) if they rent a golf cart. Our granddaughter will probably be more excited about riding in the golf cart than golfing. LOL Our grandkids are so lucky to have my DH for a grandfather.

While they're gone I'm giving the house an extra-good straightening--have let it go really badly--having allowed several places in the house to become catch-alls for things I'm too lazy or in too big a hurry to put away properly. OK, back to the housework. Will catch you all later.

Last edited by Mern; 06-23-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Just peeking in, been super busy. My #'s as of yesterday

Health & Fitness
1) Workout 3 times: yes, no, no
2) 3000 calories deficient: -1103, +9, -358
3) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes
4) walk the dogs twice: no, no, yes (very short walk)

Non Health & Fitness
5) Pay off Uncle Sam: yes
6) Pay off Uncle Bobby Jindal: no, no, no
7) Write 6 policies this week : 2,1,0
Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, sounds like they are indeed lucky! Right now my son is trying to talk his grandfather (who lives in a neighboring state where they are legal) into a huge fireworks display for the Fourth! We'll see how successful that is. Yes, summer is a time when I am glad to be a barely-A cup ! Bras are negligible. Hope you make some progress on the straightening; when you're done, come on over here!

Mike, hope the epidural helps you. As I may have mentioned, I have a co-worker who had a wonderful experience with it; it brought him a great deal of relief. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness
  • Eat everything Lite N' Easy deliver - no exceptions, and nothing else. N N N
  • Drink at least four bottles of water a day - even weekends! Y Y Y
  • Work out the best way for me to get to the gym daily. N N Y
  • Gym six times. N N N
  • Take the dog for a walk at least three times. N N N
  • Be honest in blog with emotions, even though three people I know IRL are reading it. - Y Y
  • Cut back the smokes, big time. Y Y N
Not Fitness:
  • Organise my bedroom more. N N N
  • Organise the rest of the house again. N N Y
  • Take mail to nursing home. - - -

MAIN80, thanks for the encouragement. Unfortuantly, I did find my outlet - food. And not the good type.

Mern, thanks. Unfortuantly, the home owner where I live came home last night, and she's a bit of a chain smoker. And when someone else lights up near me, the cravings hit, regardless of when my last one was. Might have to wait until she's away for three months, quit smoking while she's gone, and move out as soon as she gets back. I love house sitting, but it has it's downsides. :s

Originally Posted by Last Night's Blog Entry
Well bummer.
Homeowner just came home. It's Thursday night, scratch that, Friday morning. She said she'd be here maybe Sat, probably Sun. So the house was a mess, I feel so guilty, cause she shouldn't have to come home to the mess, but at the same time, WTF??? Seriously, heads up would have been nice. I was planning on doing all the work tomorrow after work, so much for that idea. And she's a tad passive-aggressive, so fun times ahead for sure. Funny, only a few hours ago I was hanging out for when she got back, because I'd be too embarrassed to eat bad food with her here, and now I'm kinda pissed that she is.
Doubt I'll get much, if any, sleep tonight, given that it's midnight, thinking about going to the gym right now to get out for a little while, but that might be too obvious.
So kinda feeling like rock and a hard place, on a good note, I'm considering doing some heavy drinking tomorrow (to...?) night, seeing as how it's been a while, and I just may puke up the calories I drink, so it's win/win, right? Okay, so I won't drink that much, but I'd rather be punching a punching bag to vent, rather than typing, seeing as how my keyboard is so delicate.
Posted by wowgirl at 12:17 AM 0 comments
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz

Thursday, 23 June 2011
Escape
I feel I need to get away from everything, get my head screwed on straight.
Go somewhere no one knows me.
Dream on.
I changed and deleted some words given the family-nature of the forum, but that's what I wrote last night, or technically this morning, a bit after she got home.
Not feeling much better this morning, feel like I'm about to burst into tears, might have even called in and asked to take today as annual leave, but have got end of month for a client, and this is the one day a month I can't not be here.
Might go escape for the weekend, most of my mates live about an hour and a half away, so might drive up there tonight and spend the weekend.

Sorry to be a downer! I always seem to be complaining , hope everyone else is doing well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.