1. Keep calories to 1,500. 2,095, 2,079 when I have a day that's really physical, 1,500 calories is darn near impossible
2. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. -692, -365 (total: 1,057)
3. Average 30% protein for the week. 9, 29 (average 19%) not doing well on this away from home.
4. 96 oz of water. Y, Y,
5. 6 hours of exercise. 30 min, 0 min (total 30 min)
6. Plan out healthy meals for in-law visit. N, a little
7. Weigh and record daily. Y, Y,
8. Take measurements. N, N,
9. Buy new battery for pedometer. N, N,
1. Clean house, in-laws are coming Th. N, Kitchen,
2. Help kiddos finish 1 4-H project each. A little, a little
3. Smile more, bitch less. Y, Y&N,
4. Daily act of kindness, random or otherwise. Y, Y,
On Monday & Tuesday I spent most of the afternoon in the garden. Then after all that on Tues the kids had a swim meet. Which used to mean that I sat on my fanny for several hours in the overheated aquatorium. But that's over with, now I'm the Head Marshall, which basically means that I carry around a list of the swimmers in each event and then I yell my head off to get them in order, and sometimes I have to yell again to keep them there. Yelling is a specialty of mine, so this is a good job for me. Only I had to be on deck an hour prior to warm-ups and then had to stay through clean-up. And then we had to stay longer because of a storm outside that was much like the one Mern drove through. It makes for a long night, but our team did really well. GOOOOOO HAMMERHEADS!!!
Mern I'm so glad you got home safely. Driving when you can't see ahead of you is really scary. So get that cell phone charged up woman and get it in your purse.
Mike glad to hear that you're having pain free moments. Yes you're right about nerve pain, I have it through my right shoulder and up the left side of my neck. Some days it's okay and others it's downright debilitating. The last cortisone I had was in October and I've been in pretty good shape since then, although recently it's started tweaking again. Keep us posted.
Cassie, are you having shopping issues? Did I miss something?
wilderbeanz, my condolences to you and your family.
Well as usual I could go on and on and chat with all of you, but the kids want to go watch a harp performance at the library, and we have to leave in like 3 minutes in order to get there on time.
Main thanks for the popcorn advice. I love popcorn, and that would be much better than reaching for potato and tortilla chips all the time.
Mern, scary story, but glad you are ok. I leave for the beach tomorrow, but my mind has been there all week Hope your week has picked up carb and exercise wise
Cassie, thank you! I look forward to enjoying it. When are your vacations?
April, sorry to hear about your stepmom, it must be hard for your dad and its good you are going to go support him. Take care of yourself.
Mike, there is no reason for you to suck it up if there is something out there to help you, and yes you should be grateful for the half hour pain free, but also keep doing everything possible to feel better, so it's not "settling".
Almeeker, you are welcome on the popcorn! Your days are so busy!
1. Eat good food, be careful about "empty snacks". Yes, Yes
2. Stay hidrated. Yes, Yes
3. Stay active. Yes, No
4. Catch up with emails by Wed. Very little. A little better.
Weight Jan 10, 2011 = 175 pounds
Weight Oct 10, 2011 = 146
Ultimate weight goal = 140 pounds sometime before the end of 2011
Eat everything Lite N' Easy deliver - no exceptions, and nothing else. N N
Drink at least four bottles of water a day - even weekends! Y Y
Work out the best way for me to get to the gym daily. N N
Gym six times. N N
Take the dog for a walk at least three times. N N
Be honest in blog with emotions, even though three people I know IRL are reading it. - Y
Cut back the smokes, big time. Y Y
Organise my bedroom more. N N
Organise the rest of the house again. N N
Water the plants. N N
Take mail to nursing home. - -
Last night was interesting. I did alright food and smoke wise during the day, but an old friend came over to visit, and we got pizza.
Feeling emotional today because of him, and have no where to vent it, aside from the gym, so going this afternoon to do some serious anger / emotional management.
canary52, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, try to take it easy over the next few days, we're here for you. /hug
wildbeanerz, bugger the customers, you want to let it out, let it out. Six hours isn't that far, maybe suggest after a week or so that he comes lives with you for a little bit? I don't know your house situation, so it might not be feasable, but maybe getting out of the 'space' they shared for so long might do him good, as well as being surrounded by caring family memebers.
Go to the Y 3 times a week for weight training, 1,
Start using my wii balance programs again 5 times a week, NOT YET
Burn at least 2700 calories a day ,2500,2350, 2550
Have a 1000 calorie defecit or more daily - 950,600, 950
Book a Y session with the trainer - BOOKED FOR Friday
Keep working on reducing salt -- means I need to cook!, HEALTHY LEFTOVERS, too much salt x 2
Journal daily, Y, Y, Y.
exercise and sauna daily. Y, Y, Y
I'm feeling very motivated and plan on using that motivation. Have a great week everyone. Mary
Restarting Jan 11th, 2014
Starting weight: 201.6
Current weight: April 15th, 2014 = 181.2
May 1st goal = 175
Ultimate goal Undecided ? 150 to be assessed once maintained for a while
Height 5' 3"
1. Keep calories to 1,500. 2,095, 2,079, 1,968
2. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. -692, -365, -612 (total: 1,669)
3. Average 30% protein for the week. 9, 29, 22 (average 20%) not doing well on this away from home.
4. 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y
5. 6 hours of exercise. 30 min, 0 min, 45 min (total 1:15 min)
6. Plan out healthy meals for in-law visit. N, a little, some
7. Weigh and record daily. Y, Y, N
8. Take measurements. N, N, N
9. Buy new battery for pedometer. N, N, N
1. Clean house, in-laws are coming Th. N, Kitchen, Living room, dining room
2. Help kiddos finish 1 4-H project each. A little, a little, made progress today!!!
3. Smile more, bitch less. Y, Y&N, Y
4. Daily act of kindness, random or otherwise. Y, Y, Y
Sending a cyber hug out to you Hope, so sorry to hear about your sweet baby.
Welcome back Boo!!! And I think I speak for all of us here, we're glad to have you back, any time, any day. Good luck honey.
Main, have fun on your vacation. Perceive me jealous as all get out, tired or otherwise. DH and I have made plans to take the kids to NYC next weekend, but hauling 3 kiddos around the city will not seem like "getting away from it all" if you know what I mean.
Mike good luck with your epidural. I get the occasional injection in my shoulder for the nerve pain, and it works for me, it even takes care of the neck pain and my knees feel better too. Although before you get it done read up on it. Getting cortisone too often or in too large a dose can actually cause your body to lower the amount it can/will produce, so it's not a cure-all for everyone, or forever. So like any treatment there are side effects, just go in with your eyes open is all I'm suggesting.
It's going to be another really nutty day for me, so I have to get up out of this chair and get the workout done or it's not happening.