Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from a looooong, interesting hike. Husband and I walked approx. 4 miles down a logging road that came out at a very cool, old, abandoned, iron bridge. Started to head home, as it was starting to get dark, and we heard a pack of coyotes and their pups howling. Can you say "freaked out"? Baby coyotes sound just like crying babies. Husband was raised in the country, so he didn't think much of it. As for me, I've never walked so fast in all of my life. There's a full, or nearly full moon, tonight to boot. You can hear them calling from multiple locations, in a huge circle around you. Although I've lived here for many years, I was raised in the city, and wild animals can still really intimidate me.

If I attempt that hike again, it will most definitely be during the day.

Cassie,

Glad you liked the site. I actually book marked it to use in the future! lol I love that you can print things out easily, too. To my surprise, husband really liked the cut.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker

On top of all that the oldest started tennis camp yesterday. I'm on the fence with this whole tennis thing. I've tried it, but I'm naturally a really lousy player. Sure it's great exercise,
1. Average calories 1,500/day.
2. Drink 96 oz of water.
3. Cardio 3 hours.
4. Weights and calisthenics 3 hours.
5. Abstain from grain 2 days.
6. Weekly calorie deficit 3,500.
7. Average 30% calories from protein.

Other stuff:

8. Finish planting garden.
9. Weed flower beds 2 hours.
10. Help kids get 1 4-H project done (each).
11. 1 load of laundry daily.
12. Clean house MIL is coming.
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: bathrooms and dining room
Wednesday: Living room and 1 bedroom
Thursday: 1 bedroom, stairs and hallway
Friday: Master bedroom and den
Saturday: basement and porch
Tennis is very good exercise! I also suck at it. Nice laundry list of goals that you have there?

Originally Posted by xcurlygirlx
Well, I messed up yesterday..blah. But I'm not worried about it, and I'm not weighing myself this morning. I believe I can do this and I will! Today is a new day, and I'm more than ready for it today I'm going to do my workout first thing after breakfast! No excuses! Going back to my motivational pictures and youtube videos!
Today is a new day, as long as it doesn't mirror yesterday. Did you say youtube videos? j/k

Originally Posted by taubele
Yaaaaaaaaay I finally have a moment to catch up! This week is going to be NUTS for me through Thursday and it started off with one of those Murphy's Law Mondays -- everything that could go wrong did!

Ok so!! I didn't get to posting my goals yesterday, so I'm going to post them along with Monday's numbers. I had a reallllllyyyyy long day at work and skipped lunch, so yesterday's food is all out of whack (super high-carb, because I had to eat quickly, and quick foods are carby foods) and my goals are very red-looking! I'm paying for it this morning, I feel really tired and sluggish and it was horrible getting out of bed. My low blood pressure is angry today as well, I've already gotten faint twice. Not sure what the cause is, but thankfully I get to spend most of the day sitting. I hope I feel better this evening so I can work out!

Monday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -685 (Total: -685)
2) Week Average of 1200-1300 calories, with no one day going over 1450 cals M: 1,238 (Week Average: 1,238)
3) Do the 30DS six days a week (one day off per week is allowed): M: no (day off)
4) Two "extra exercise" cardio days per week M: No
5) Week Average of 50% carbs or less M: 64% (Week Average 64%)
6) Week Average of 30% protein or more M: 21% (Week Average 21%)
7) 120 oz. of water a day M: no (104)
8) Take multivitamin and fiber pills every day M: no

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day possible: M: Not possible, I was working with animals all day and dressed accordingly in scrub clothes
2) Do something nice for BF - he needs and deserves a good surprise M: Not yet...
3) Budget out upcoming trip home M: No
4) Clean the darn bathrooms (weekend goal) M-F: N/A

The "Other Goals" #2 of doing something nice for BF is long overdue. He's been particularly wonderful lately and I want to come up with something for him. His latest wonderful act: I found out the story I interviewed for last week ran in the local Sunday paper. Unfortunately, I found out at about 11:00 on Sunday night (when I was all ready for bed) and went to bed kind of dejected that I'd missed the e-mail notifying me (I'm bad about checking e-mails on the weekend). After I went to bed, he went out at around midnight and raided some of the nearby paper stands to get a half a dozen copies or so of the newspaper so I would have them to send to my family and to keep if I wanted - I woke up to the pile in the morning with a very sweet note. He knew it meant a lot to me to be able to send copies to my family (who are all very supportive and interested) and I was touched that he went out like that (especially since he had to be at work at 6:30 the next morning!)

BF is notorious for sniffing out surprises so I need to think of something clever and easy-to-hide to do for him. I'll come up with something, but having the reminder to really sit and think about it will be good for me.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

~Terri
Mondays can suck at times. I hope the other days turn out better for you. You also have a long list of goals, good luck with them. That was really nice of your BF, you better thing of something good for him.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Diverting cravings is hard. I am best not to have the triggers in the house. I should not have bought the chocolate wafers! When I'm in control I can have chocolate arround and mix it with pecans and cranberries in small amounts for a high calorie trail mix! -a somewhat healthy treat. It seems right now the chocolate has got to go. Coke and baked goods are my other bad triggers. I don't buy baked goods except whole grain low calorie bread and thin bagels. I seem to be able to control those.
Mary, I couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by almeeker
I can control cravings if I avoid grain first thing in the morning and eat a fairly light breakfast that includes some sort of protein. It also helps if I don't have access to anything edible between noon and dinner. But alas in moments of severe desperation I would eat my own arm, so this is always a trial for me.
Mornings is when I need my grains... b/c I can't stand eggs.

Originally Posted by aspikes
PMS week is a killer for me as well. I can eat everything in the house and still not feel satisfied. Ive been on vitamins too, but can't really tell that it helps at all. If anyone has some tips for this that would be great!!
Maybe PMS is my problem???

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I read something interesting yesterday. It said to avoid mindless binging, have a single spot to eat. (... your chair in the kitchen, for example.) Not in a car, or in front of the tv, etc.) If you have to go and sit by yourself, you're less likely to want to eat. Makes sense to me. It also eliminates standing in the kitchen picking at food. You have to sit in your chair like a little kid. I tried it out today, and it actually does work. If you are not at home, all bets are off, though.

Well, I just got back from getting the best haircut EVER!!! (Women will understand what a HUGE accomplishment this is!!!) LOL It's just hitting my shoulders, which is really short for me. My husband's probably going to freak out. Oh well. As long as I can still put it up, he'll be fine. lol
That makes sense about having a spot to eat. I was going to say something funny like "I miss having hair to cut." but that would be a lie, I actually enjoy being bald. Congrats of the new cut.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I'll try to reply to those that I missed tomorrow. Time for me to soak in a hot top, then lay on an ice pack. I feel so lucky.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

It confuses me putting no in green and yes in red...

Don't:
1) lift weights no, no (I miss it already)
2) weigh myself yes (bad habit I guess), no
3) miss a day logging food no, no
4) miss a day posting here no, no
5) eat junk/snacks no, no
6) drink less than a gallon of water per day yes (I think I came up short), no
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Tuesday report:

1. Daily calories 1300 or less. 1241, 1389 (honestly, was too hungry to fall asleep, so had a quick snack. Boo for me)
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran at the park, Cardio tennis
3. Rest shoulder three consecutive days. Yes, Nope-tennis
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes
5. Journal mood/reasons for eating. Yes, Yes
6. Weigh in daily. Yes, No

7. Get vacation plans nailed down. Narrowed it down, Ready to finalize tomorrow
8. Get new cell phone contract, or renew/renegotiate. Hubby's got the lead on this one; I've got the vacation legwork
9. Finish painting the last of the trim; touch up walls. Wait for weekend
10. Stay caught up with work. Somehow the less I have to do, the less productive I am!? On a good timetable today, On schedule!

Need to add a goal; I must do this so I can return my rejects on time:

11. Make a decision on bathing suit this weekend!! (I ordered about 8 pieces - hey, free shipping - so I could try on various styles, but I need to make a choice and return the others. And you know how much we all love bathing suit trying-on).

Crazy day; had cardio this morning, then work, then running around with various kid stuff, then writing reports. I have been hungry All. Darn. Day. I would have thought the busier I was, the less I would notice, but no. It's been all clean food, with the exception of frozen yogurt, one serving .

I completely forgot to weigh in this morning. For once, I wasn't avoiding it, but I'm not sure why I forgot. I remembered halfway through my breakfast and morning tea, so I just skipped it. However, I did put on a pair of dress-pants-I-wear-when-I-push-the-boundaries-of-my-comfort-zone and they were baggy, so I'm hopeful.

Tomorrow we have to be across town so I'll take the boy to Whole Foods & let him pick some healthy snacks. Of course, we'll also be out to lunch, so gotta go scope out a good plan for that!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-14-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Oh boy, lots of activity going on today! Which is great, love having stuff to read

mhidon, I meant more of what almeeker and Terri had to say, no one is out of your league . Oh... the bad boys

quinn, congrats on the haircut! It is one of the most wonderful feelings when you get a great haircut! Excellent work on the rest of the goals too! Those coyotes and full moon... creepy, bet you got more calories burned though.

Cassie, nice job on having caught up with everything! I am envious! Best luck with the bathing suits, go for color For being hungry all day you did great on calories!

Aspikes, great going on your goals!

Mike, hope you soon feel better to walk your dogs, keep taking it easy. The double negatives in your report confuse me too, but it looks like you did great today. Resist the weights.

Mary, I vote that if you mix them with lots of blueberries the chocolate can get cancelled.

Canary52, hope you have a great week!

Almeeker, best of luck with tennis camp and being supportive of your daughter. As long as she still enjoys it.

xcurlygirlx, hope you had a better day today! I can blame my hormones for almost anything, PMS gives me the worst cravings, for salty stuff, if I am lucky then I will get one day in which I don't want any food. I read somewhere the food you craved for was related to a nutrient you were missing, so then you could snack on a food that had that nutrient and you would feel satisfied. I will try to look it up.

Terri, I love the surprise for your BF, hope you think of something he does not discover it! Good that you managed your workout but take care of the bp.

Mern, Happy to read you! You will be happy to hear I have been doing my workouts this week How are the grandkids?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Report for Monday and Tuesday

1. Calorie limit of 1250 weekly average 1010
2. Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times during the week. Yes, Yes
4. Take the dog out to walk 3 times. No, No
5. Go to sleep by 10:30 pm Monday to Thursday. No, No
6. Make a To Do List. Yes
7. Work on at least three things on the list per day. No, Yes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Great news on the scale this morning! BMI is back under 20 at 19.87! 2.4 lbs. to go to my goal which is my low, summer weight. Still have two weeks, so it's pretty achievable.

Bracing for a bad day with elder care issues today. Wish me well.

quinn
Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness
1) 1600 calories max: 1545
2) stretching every dayyes
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimumno
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum: er 6
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journalingyes
2) 14 minutes meditationyes
3) Trust. And worry less.yes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Thanks Hope; I'm taking it pretty easy today. It's likely that I got the bp attacks this morning due to the heat - it hit 102 in FL today, and I have a form of vasovagal syncope that makes me very sensitive to changes in temperature

I tried to get out of bed too quickly, and I think in my sleep I had wrapped the blankets around my body and gotten my body temp a bit out of whack. I laid down right when I felt faint -- I also got a little faint when I opened the door to the apartment and got knocked with the hot FL air.

There's not too much I can do except keep quiet, sitting/laying down a lot, and avoiding the heat as much as I can. I do want to work out tonight -- what I'll probably do is go through an extended warm-up and see how I feel. If I get a little fuzzy or get any warning signs, I won't work out. I've been ok at work so far, and drinking a lot of ice-cold water, which seems to be keeping me clear!

How's your writing?
It sounds like you know your body and what you have to do. And that heat will knock anyone out. I didn't know it affects low bp, that's interesting. And re exercise trying a warm up first and seeing how you feel is an excellent plan. I have the opposite -high bp but I take pills for it and am generally OK.

As for writing, I'm trying to get back into it but since it is now summer and DD is home distractions abound. I need to get that focus. I have a class starting in a few weeks so hopefully that will help. Thanks so much for asking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.