Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, there y'all are! Most of last week I didn't get on to post at all and then last night and a lot of today I tried over and over and could get to my food lists but not to the forums. I'm so glad to be able to reconnect!

Monday report

Calorie limit 1600 1577
Calorie deficit 800 per day 961
Carbs less fiber 25g 22.9g
Saturated fat target 12% 15%
Dietary Cholesterol target less than 300mg 362mg
Track grams & % of calories from protein 115.3g or 38%

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES
Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES

Last edited by Mern; 06-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

I've had trouble logging into the site all day. Some pages will let me log in and some wont. In fact, on one of the log in pages, there's a place to enter your user name, but the place where you would normally enter your password is missing. ???
Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, congrats on working on your sodium intake. Sure--dipping blueberries in melted white chocolate cancels out ALL the calories when we're 64 years old. It's a perk for senior citizens. LOL

Mike! Glad you decided to take it more easy this week on the exercise.

aspikes, MAIN80 and xcurlygirlx, best wishes this week.

canary, hope you can stick with the group this week. Hard sometimes, I know.

Wowgirl88, I probably missed you, but hope you are successful with your goals while you're absent from posting.

Almeeker, best wishes with the kids' summer activities. I've got my hands full with my four grandkids and since I took care of them only on school holidays this past school year I'm out of practice on how to take care of their needs and my own all in the same day. Best wishes to you on balancing the two.

Cassie, I hope your shoulder is better soon. I know what you mean--meeting my goals is an all day job--so much work logging every bite of food that goes into my mouth. So time consuming planning my menus and having to do math in order to eat a snack. But it'll get easier as time passes--I HOPE!!! You're certainly off to a great start this week! Congrats on that.

mhibdon, wow, that's great you can party and still lose weight. Kudos to you on the non-drinking and non-smoking.

Terri, that scale is still moving. Fantastic! Congrats! Best wishes on your low bp problem. Good you know how to handle your low bp. Wishing you much better and cooler days.

Quinn, you're off to a great start this week--great on goals and your to-do list, plus a new hair cut to boot. I had trouble logging onto the forums for two days.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Monday + Tuesday Report Card

Health and Fitness goals:

1. Average calories 1,500/day. 2,274, 1,500 (average 1,887)
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y,
3. Cardio 3 hours. 48 min, 30 min (total 1:18)
4. Weights and calisthenics 3 hours. 0 min, 0 min (total 0:00)
5. Abstain from grain 2 days. N, N
6. Weekly calorie deficit 3,500. -271, -993, (total 1,264)
7. Average 30% calories from protein. 25, 23 (average 24)

Other stuff:

8. Finish planting garden. a little, a little
9. Weed flower beds 2 hours. N
10. Help kids get 1 4-H project done (each). A little bit.
11. 1 load of laundry daily. Y, Y
12. Clean house MIL is coming .
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: bathrooms and dining room
Wednesday: Living room and 1 bedroom
Thursday: 1 bedroom, stairs and hallway
Friday: Master bedroom and den
Saturday: basement and porch

I took today off housekeeping, it was my mother's birthday, so we went and bought her some new stuff for her new kitchen and surprised her with patriotic cookies and hugs & kisses. Then we went out and picked like 40 quarts of strawberries, no lie. In my food log I put 30 med strawberries. I don't know how accurate that is, but it's as close as I'm going to be able to get without an autopsy. I don't have time to deal with my share of the berries tonight, but I'll have to find it I guess.

Mern, I hear you on entertaining kids. I'm in practice and still can't keep up. My suggestion to you would be to get a trampoline, containment, entertainment and exercise - all good. Only problem is that it seems to be giving my kids MORE energy.

canary, Mrs. E. is a saint. Her boys were both very very high energy children (I've seen kids with half their speed on medication), but not only did she survive them, they thrived under her wings and are both successful men today.

aspikes, PMS is hard, I don't care who you are. When you're swollen and bitchy of course you're going to eat the house down. I swear there is a rule that says if you're going to have to spend time with the MIL, then Aunt Flo might as well visit too. I'm expecting both the end of next week, now won't that be fun?

quinn, every once in a while I've tried to cut out breakfast, and guess what? I'm so bitchy that people bring me food, seriously. I must have a flashing sign on my head that says, "feed me carbs now or I'll bite your head off". Very jealous of the new awesome haircut, I've worn the "Mrs. Crocodile Hunter" look so long myself that I often dream of making a big change. Won't happen this week, way too much going on, well that and much lack of local hair talent. OY!!!

Terri, glad to hear that you're taking care of yourself.

Mike, good luck with the back, take it easy.

Mary, I love those wafers too. Don't even get me thinking about it, there must be 7-8 lbs of them in the basement. I think the calories still count if you dip blueberries in them, but it would be difficult to estimate just how many, so you could err on the side of denial if you want. I'm not above it myself.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I'm the same way. I was never a breakfast eater till I revamped my eating habits; now, if I don't eat it, I am not only cranky, but I waaaayy overeat the rest of the day. BTW, was that the eye doc that threatened to report you to protective services for medical neglect?

quinn, thanks for the website. Lot of good ideas on there, and I like the way it advises you about hair types it works for, age ranges, face shapes, and, lol, body weights! I printed about 5 out to take to my stylist next time I go; we'll see what we come up with.

Terri, feel better soon! I just answered your other post about clothes. Have fun picking something out, and have a great time with your fam!

Mern, glad you found your way in! Missed you while you were having fun with the kidlets last week.

Hope, I'll be looking for you, so don't drop into oblivion this week, or I'll have to hunt you down! How goes the romance?

aspikes, been there, done that. Usually I don't PMS, but somehow earlier this month, that was the week I lost control most of all. Coincidence? Dunno. Hang in there!

Mike, hope you feel okay today, and hope everyone else is enjoying their day as well.

I'll do my check in later...the night's still young for me .

BTW, I think calories should NOT count if you can't get into FitDay to log them in!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
almeeker, I'm the same way. I was never a breakfast eater till I revamped my eating habits; now, if I don't eat it, I am not only cranky, but I waaaayy overeat the rest of the day. BTW, was that the eye doc that threatened to report you to protective services for medical neglect?
No. That one didn't threaten to report me, she just sent a really nasty letter calling me a negligent parent, there was an illusion to being reported but it wasn't actually spelled out in so many words. We saw the eye doctor that we used to go to here in our town, but she's changed to a larger office in a bigger town, which also happens to be her husbands' practice. When she moved we were sent the nasty letter by her old office because we didn't make an appointment with her replacement. BTW I signed a release to have our old records transferred from the old office to her new one. Which hopefully will keep the old office from sending protective services our way.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

*Tuesday*

Food and Fitness:

1. 1200 calories/day average. 1049, 1150

2. Walk two miles per day minimum, weather permitting. 2 mile hike through some pretty rough terrain... can I count that for 5 miles? lol 4 miles.

3. LOG EVERYTHING! Yes. Yes.

4. Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily. Yes. Yes.

5. This week, I will get my BMI back under 20. Working on it. Still trying.

Personal Stuff:

1. Work on college apps. and related paperwork. Yes, got it all done today.

2. Return order to company ASAP. Done!

3. Balance checkbook. Umm... no. (Why do I hate that so much?) Husband's the banker... let him do it! Still no.

4. Get new, cute haircut for summer. Not yet. Yes!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default just getting caught up...

Originally Posted by taubele
Just wanted to say a quick hi to all, and I will be joining in as soon as I get a moment to breathe!!

Happy to say the scale showed 178.2 this morning - that's 2.4 lbs. off from last Monday, so the plateau got busted! Yay!
good job on busting your plateau

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Hi all, just to let you know, I've got no internet at home for a while, and can't risk posting on my blog from work. Also can't be on here as much as I'd like at work, so everyone have a great week, I'll see you all when I get back. /hug
having no internet sucks. Take care, we'll be here when you can start posting again

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I mean, like, they're a well known, often chased bad boy in the local scene. This is the same person who said that I was "too young and too thin" Since I'm under 21 I still count as one of the "youngins" apparently
ummm 21 is young. Beware, once you turn 40, you begin to fall apart, I'm proof of this.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mern -- There you are! Good to see you! And thanks, my low bp got better as the day went on, and I did get a workout in, so I'm happy about that. Feeling only slightly weird afterwards, and more ice water is helping.

almeeker -- Ugh, that doctor's office! I remember that, I'm glad you're never going back there if you can help it!

Mike -- Thanks! I hope that taking it easy isn't making you feel badly You gotta do whatcha gotta do, man.

Cassie -- Haha, thanks! Clothes are like a whole new beast for me, but I appreciate all of the very good advice! Let us know when you decide on a new cut, I need to go to the hairdresser myself before I go home for the fam reunion...
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Had another really productive day today. Knocked out a pile of paperwork, managed to get in a great hike and kept my eating really clean. Haven't had many cravings lately so it's been really easy to keep on track. Sure wish I could figure out why so I could take advantage of it. May have to look more closely at my food log to see if my food choices are keeping me full longer for some reason.

It may be that now that school is out, the stress has reduced, the family has relaxed and life is pretty darn good. Stress just may be my biggest trigger. Looks like that may be a really big key as to when I feel a need to eat poorly or simply eat too much.
That's all great news. I'm trying to keep my stress level down but my pain in the ass is keeping it up.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Check in for Monday:

1. Daily calories 1300 or less. 1241
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran at the park
3. Rest shoulder three consecutive days. Yes
4. Log everything. Yes
5. Journal mood/reasons for eating. Yes
6. Weigh in daily. Yes

7. Get vacation plans nailed down. Narrowed it down
8. Get new cell phone contract, or renew/renegotiate. Hubby's got the lead on this one; I've got the vacation legwork
9. Finish painting the last of the trim; touch up walls. Wait for weekend
10. Stay caught up with work. Somehow the less I have to do, the less productive I am!? On a good timetable today

Some days feel like a giant logic problem, trying to make sure the macros are not way out of whack, making sure to get in all my fruits and veggies, and getting in enough fiber, all while staying in a restricted calorie range. It's do-able but I need some more variety, so will experiment with that this week...did do a lot of things differently today.

Work is caught up, house is caught up, yard is caught up. Why does the house stay straighter when my husband is out of town than when my son is gone somewhere? One of life's great mysteries, I suppose!
Work, house & yard... check. Nice job. When's the vacation?

Originally Posted by aspikes
Monday check in!
Originally Posted by Kumochi
Good day yesterday. Went for an hour long walk along a wooded area - beautiful but makes me miss my dog. Ate well, watched the salt, journalled everything, drank my water and 6 cups green tea, resisted temptation re some white chocolate wafers I made the mistake of buying -- rationing is hard so I may allow calories to get rid of them tonight, does melting them and dipping blueberries in them cancel out any bad calories?

Feeling positive about sticking to my program. Now to get to work.

The weather is turning nice so I hope to burn at least 2500 claories each day this week. Mary
Nice going on the walk. My two girls are mad at me b/c I can't walk them right now. I can't wait until the day that I can. It scares me knowing that I have a 1/2 marathon scheduled in Sept and I can barely walk. I may have to miss this one and write it off as a lo$$. Stick to your program girl!

Originally Posted by canary52
OK joining late. Usually I join early and drop out by the end of the week. This week I am going to try to stick. And I am making my goals as specific as possible.

So goals:
Fitness
1) 1600 calories max
2) stretching every day
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimum
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journaling
2) 14 minutes meditation
3) Trust. And worry less.

Good luck, everyone!!!
Hope, I've been dropping out too, maybe we can both stick this week out.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Is anyone else having trouble logging into the site today?
Yes, were are in the midst of an update. There may be some kinks along the way...

Originally Posted by aspikes
Come on Canary, you can stick with these goals! I have tried to keep mine simple and specific as well. Too much and I shut down and dont accomplish anything. Good luck to you!!
Wise move on the goals!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.