Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting June 13, 2011

Old 06-14-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Good day yesterday. Went for an hour long walk along a wooded area - beautiful but makes me miss my dog. Ate well, watched the salt, journalled everything, drank my water and 6 cups green tea, resisted temptation re some white chocolate wafers I made the mistake of buying -- rationing is hard so I may allow calories to get rid of them tonight, does melting them and dipping blueberries in them cancel out any bad calories?

Feeling positive about sticking to my program. Now to get to work.

The weather is turning nice so I hope to burn at least 2500 claories each day this week. Mary
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

OK joining late. Usually I join early and drop out by the end of the week. This week I am going to try to stick. And I am making my goals as specific as possible.

So goals:
Fitness
1) 1600 calories max
2) stretching every day
3) walk or gym 3x a week minimum
4) 8 glasses of H2O minimum
Other
1) 1 hour "real" writing every day, not just journaling
2) 14 minutes meditation
3) Trust. And worry less.

Good luck, everyone!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the site today?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Come on Canary, you can stick with these goals! I have tried to keep mine simple and specific as well. Too much and I shut down and dont accomplish anything. Good luck to you!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence, aspikes! I need this!!! Any encouragement welcome!!! And I too will root for you!!! We can do this!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for getting this started Kumochi, I need it BAD! Yesterday was NUTS, had to take middle DD to the eye doctor. It's a long story, but the eye doc has moved to a new office and is now 50 miles away rather than 2, but it's a once/year visit and she's the only eye doctor that DD has ever seen. DD has a rather thick prescription for her little nose and a lot of needs (glasses, contacts, sun glasses, swim goggles etc), so we decided to make the drive. Low and behold we get there only to discover they have a brand new computer system which they can't seem to work, so it took forever, and the only things we managed to accomplish were the exam and the goggles (neither of which required the computer system). So now we're looking at a return trip. Fabulous.

On top of all that the oldest started tennis camp yesterday. I'm on the fence with this whole tennis thing. I've tried it, but I'm naturally a really lousy player. Sure it's great exercise, but DD is a bit like a sea turtle, lightening fast and powerful in the water, um rather less so on land. I don't know, I hate to talk her out of it just because of my own short comings, but on the flip side it's also hard to watch your child struggle, meanwhile being completely unable to help them. I just have to think about Mrs. E. and prevail. Mrs. E. is the mom of a friend of mine. His dream was to play college football, but he was basically too small to be competitive at that level. So he tried out for kicker and squeaked onto the team as a red shirt freshman. But his goal was to suit up and PLAY, so his mom became is coach, she knew nothing about kicking, but she could hold the ball for him and did so every day until he'd kicked 100 FDs - for 2 years straight. And then she taught his team mate how to hold the ball just the way he liked it because he made first string kicker. Channel Mrs. E, channel Mrs. E. ohm ohm ohm.

Health and Fitness goals:

1. Average calories 1,500/day.
2. Drink 96 oz of water.
3. Cardio 3 hours.
4. Weights and calisthenics 3 hours.
5. Abstain from grain 2 days.
6. Weekly calorie deficit 3,500.
7. Average 30% calories from protein.

Other stuff:

8. Finish planting garden.
9. Weed flower beds 2 hours.
10. Help kids get 1 4-H project done (each).
11. 1 load of laundry daily.
12. Clean house MIL is coming .
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: bathrooms and dining room
Wednesday: Living room and 1 bedroom
Thursday: 1 bedroom, stairs and hallway
Friday: Master bedroom and den
Saturday: basement and porch

Mike sorry to hear that your PITA has struck again. Does your gym have a pool? Maybe you need to find a lesser workout, or maybe you need to break up your workout intensity and not do all of those things on the same day. Have you had a chance to try the inversion table?

Cassie, funny that your DH is messier than the DS. Our youngest 2 are really messy, the oldest less so, I'm hoping that it's because she is older and they will grow into some neater habits. Fingers crossed every day over that one. Way to go on getting caught up on everything, it's hard to even imagine that around here. Can I come with when you go visit mhibdon?

Terri, way to go. Very jealous here. I might kill for a 2.4 pound loss.

quinn, very jealous over your lack of cravings and your productivity. I haven't been a slug, but I have so much going on it's hard to feel productive at all. And I can't even imagine having no cravings, I would be curious to hear if you can nail down any specific foods that help. I'm a stress eater too and I thought school ending would help, but not so far.

mhibdon, how can you say "out of my league"? Pooh, as if! He can only dream of getting that lucky, fat old guy that he is. I've been wishing that I could be a party girl and still lose weight longer than you've been on the planet. Jealous, but proud of you all the same.

Main, good luck on your "to-do" list. The last one I made was downright intimidating. OY!!!

wowgirl, fitday is just a tool to help you lose weight. You can do everything necessary to lose without it, all you have to do is stay a little bit more focused. You can do it.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-14-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
OK joining late. Usually I join early and drop out by the end of the week. This week I am going to try to stick. And I am making my goals as specific as possible.
Me too. Okay we'll both vow to check in every day, deal?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I messed up yesterday..blah. But I'm not worried about it, and I'm not weighing myself this morning. I believe I can do this and I will! Today is a new day, and I'm more than ready for it today I'm going to do my workout first thing after breakfast! No excuses! Going back to my motivational pictures and youtube videos!

Kumochi,
Kudos to you for not giving into temptation! Any advice on diverting cravings?

Terri,
Awesome! So glad to hear you basted that plateau!

Canary52,
we can do this!! Let's take it one day at a time
Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yaaaaaaaaay I finally have a moment to catch up! This week is going to be NUTS for me through Thursday and it started off with one of those Murphy's Law Mondays -- everything that could go wrong did!

quinn: I'm actually having BETTER luck logging into the site now from home since the maintenance yesterday - whatever "IBobi & Team" did fixed my Google Chrome login issues. I hope it's working better for you! And thanks for the cheers! I hope June is my month.

mhibidon: Psh, girl, people are only out of your league if you think they're out of your league I'm glad you're having fun with life! Thanks for the cheers.

canary: You can do it!!

Mary: Thanks for starting us off, your walk sounds lovely.

Mike: Maybe put the scale away for the week in an out-of-the-way place if it's too tempting to weigh? I know I get in that mode of weighing every day when I'm worried or frustrated...

Main80: Thanks for the encouragement!

almeeker: Your life sounds so busy, I get tired reading all of your posts!! You're amazing, and you will be surprised about how much you'll find yourself doing for DD I think. Mrs. E is a good start!

And thanks to all who posted for my loss! I do hope it sticks. I was just happy to see the scale move and STAY moved down.

Ok so!! I didn't get to posting my goals yesterday, so I'm going to post them along with Monday's numbers. I had a reallllllyyyyy long day at work and skipped lunch, so yesterday's food is all out of whack (super high-carb, because I had to eat quickly, and quick foods are carby foods) and my goals are very red-looking! I'm paying for it this morning, I feel really tired and sluggish and it was horrible getting out of bed. My low blood pressure is angry today as well, I've already gotten faint twice. Not sure what the cause is, but thankfully I get to spend most of the day sitting. I hope I feel better this evening so I can work out!

Monday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -685 (Total: -685)
2) Week Average of 1200-1300 calories, with no one day going over 1450 cals M: 1,238 (Week Average: 1,238)
3) Do the 30DS six days a week (one day off per week is allowed): M: no (day off)
4) Two "extra exercise" cardio days per week M: No
5) Week Average of 50% carbs or less M: 64% (Week Average 64%)
6) Week Average of 30% protein or more M: 21% (Week Average 21%)
7) 120 oz. of water a day M: no (104)
8) Take multivitamin and fiber pills every day M: no

Other Goals:
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day possible: M: Not possible, I was working with animals all day and dressed accordingly in scrub clothes
2) Do something nice for BF - he needs and deserves a good surprise M: Not yet...
3) Budget out upcoming trip home M: No
4) Clean the darn bathrooms (weekend goal) M-F: N/A

The "Other Goals" #2 of doing something nice for BF is long overdue. He's been particularly wonderful lately and I want to come up with something for him. His latest wonderful act: I found out the story I interviewed for last week ran in the local Sunday paper. Unfortunately, I found out at about 11:00 on Sunday night (when I was all ready for bed) and went to bed kind of dejected that I'd missed the e-mail notifying me (I'm bad about checking e-mails on the weekend). After I went to bed, he went out at around midnight and raided some of the nearby paper stands to get a half a dozen copies or so of the newspaper so I would have them to send to my family and to keep if I wanted - I woke up to the pile in the morning with a very sweet note. He knew it meant a lot to me to be able to send copies to my family (who are all very supportive and interested) and I was touched that he went out like that (especially since he had to be at work at 6:30 the next morning!)

BF is notorious for sniffing out surprises so I need to think of something clever and easy-to-hide to do for him. I'll come up with something, but having the reminder to really sit and think about it will be good for me.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 06-14-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, they have a pool but I think the motion of kicking my legs would be bad. I'd also hate for it to strike while I'm in the water. lol

I've been on the inversion table many times, thanks.

Terri, I'm good at hide and seek.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.