Notices

Determined in England

Old 06-08-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Determined in England

Hello there. I have just completed my first week and have lost 3.5lbs! I live in England and am a stay at home mum/mom.

Have decided that it is now or never! Knees and ankles are playing up and even though I am keeping my Type II Diabeties under control I wasnt losing a significant amount of weight, just the odd pound here and there.

Have been using the food log and reading your postings and am feeling really positive and determined. THIS IS IT. I WILL DO IT THIS TIME.

Many thanks.

start: June 2, 2011 - 219lbs
current: June 9, 2011 - 215.5lbs
mini goal: July 23, 2011 - 205lbs - 50th birthday
goal: June 2, 2012 - 120lbs?? - size I was when I got married 20 years ago!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay njh50!

You sound determined! You Can Do This!

Just Do It!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on taking that important first step. I hear the E coli warning on vegetables is cancelled. That should help. I found it impossible to eat well on my recent trip to Great Britain. Even at home I have to avoid eating out most the time to make any progress. Mary
Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to Fitday! Glad you found us! Sounds like you are ready to kick some butt!!! Good luck and congratulations on deciding to find a healthier you.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the support everyone. Going on holiday to visit relatives in Spain on the 24th July, so really glad E-coli is now off the agenda! Would like to get down to 205 (or less!) by then so I can buy some new clothes. Even losing enough to just look and feel better in what I already have would be great. This time next year I want to be going shopping for a SWIMSUIT to take .
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Njh50, welcome! I started here in Jan and lost 15 lbs (Jan/March) which made me feel really good about myself!! Sadly I got sick in April and I am just getting back on my feet now, but better late than never. You and I share the same weight, the same weight goals And the same birthday!! Haha and my husband is from England as well, the Cotswalds. I am happy to buddy with you if you need a pal to help with the day to day cheering and encouraging, I don't actually have much trouble with the food end of things but pushing to do my walking can be pain. I am in Manitoba, Canada and our summers are brutally hot typically so I have to do most of my workouts indoors to either beat the heat or the mosquitos!!

cheers,

Nancy P.S. I just noticed you are from Cheltenham..My husband attended the boys public school there and the first time he took me to England he took me there...Very impressive!!

Last edited by Meggietye; 06-10-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Meggietye,

Thanks a bit spooky! Fancy us having so much in common! It would be great to be "buddies" for moral support and encouragement. There is nothing like a milestone birthday to focus the mind, eh? I turn 50 this year - eek! Where have the years gone? I dont want to wake up 50 and fat. I want to be doing something positive. Also going on holiday on the 24th July is an incentive to do something about my weight.

I am very lucky to live where I do, I think it is a lovely town as I have lived here all my life, as has my mother, her mother, her mother and hers! The weather here was unusually hot in April but now we are getting some rain storms most days. Hope we arent going to get a repeat of 2007 - no mains water for a week.

Sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you are on the mend and feeling better.

Best wishes
Nita
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

hi Nita,

You sound very bouncy, as I am feeling. I did 42 min of aerobics today and some other exercise which would be the equivalent of gentle walking, for about 45 min. We had a good dinner of salmon/yogurt dill sauce with cucumber, broccoli simmered in chicken stock and fresh tomatoes...Yum!!

Nita, I find it curious that with all the rest of our similarities we both have names beginning with "N". My husband thinks this is spooky..especially when you live in Cheltenham and he was at Cheltenham College for so many years, small world!

I am off to log my calories then watch some tv.

Cheerio,

Nancy
Old 06-11-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Nita! I fell deep asleep by 9:30 last night so was awake at 5 am, ugh.lol. I actually watched a semi- interesting infomercial on tv then FORCED myself up and into our exercise room at 6 am. I worked out and did 42 min of aerobics...yawning thru the first half!...then made some tea and watched most of my new yoga DVD. My husband got up at 7 and his jaw dropped when he came down to find the drapes open and the sun pouring in! LOl

I am meeting my girl friend for a light lunch then attending a Wine & Cheese at our marina..but I will take a thermos mug of peppermint tea and not eat the cheese! Monday we meet one of our daughters in the city for her birthday lunch then I am trying to find some wrist/ankle weights. Even with all this eating out I am making smart choices that fit right in with my fitday plan.

Time for me to wash my hair and paint my nails, I just waxed my legs..ahhhh summer!!

Keep well Nita, I hope your day is a good one!

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 06-11-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just joined today

I'm starting on Atkins today, and on that site they recommend tracking things on this site, so that's what I decided to do. I'm hoping this will help me stick to it better than I did the last time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.