Notices

Determined in England

Old 04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So good to hear from you, Nita!

Wow everyone seems to be having a rough go of things right now..must be the change of seasons. I am nervous I may have cancer in my mouth again..and perhaps in my neck. I phoned the oncology nurse this morning and she will be reporting to my doctor tomorrow.
I went in for my check up a week ago but got the doc on call (mine was away skiing) and he examined me, but not thoroughly, I felt unhappy with it. In just a matter of days I was uncomfortable with the floor of my mouth and I felt a sore patch on my neck..may be nothing.

My son's health is improving and I am so exhausted I am too tired to hold conversations..I bet you know that feeling! We have a Curling wind-up tomorrow night so I am resting up today and tomorrow so we can go for dinner and enjoy ourselves. We will only be there for 2 hrs...but I don't want to run out of steam.
I have lost some weight thru portion sizes and careful food selection so I will have to see what I have to wear that fits my slimmer..but still bulky, frame last week I cut my hair into a shorter bob I am very happy about.

Time for CoronationSt then an early ime...see you soon Nita!!

Love,
Nancy xo
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 PM
FitDay Member

My dear Nancy,

You poor thing, I can't imagine what you must be going through at the moment. Waiting to see the Doctor is horrendous - your stress levels must be through the roof. I wish there was some thing I could say or do to ease things for you while you wait. All I can say is that I am thinking of you and praying that its only an infection or some such thing. Please let me know how you get on at the Doctors.

Well done on the weight loss. Is it tonight you are going out for dinner? Did you find something to wear? I have been told I must cut down on portion sizes as my weight loss is not going too well. I am doing everything ok - low/no fat, no sugar, more exercise - but not losing. So I will definitely look into that if its worked for you.

I am relieved to hear your son is improving, I hope he is much better soon.

Take care Nancy, I am thinking of you and praying for some good news.
Much love,
Nita.xxx
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Nita!

Things are rosier now..I am sorry I have not been in sooner. We took my son home yesterday, he was here for 5 weeks. We loved having him with us but it broke our hearts he suffered so horribly..he is doing well now.

As for me, I am doing well too. My ENT surgeon says this is not cancer on my tongue but does say it is trauma..I need a custom mouth guard as I am chewing my tongue in my sleep!! He also says the small lump in my neck is typical of a swollen lymph gland. he has booked me in for a CAT scan soon and done blood work. So, for now, we are pretty relaxed.

As of this morning we have the house to ourselves..but I miss my son terribly!! I must get busy and just let myself settle back into life without kids, man it is difficult.

I actually wrote you a long note last week that disappeared, Nita, maddening when that happens. I measure all my food which is why I have been successful at losing even tho I have not been very active. Portion control is vital, everything has calories. I know that low fat means they take out the fat and replace it with sugars and starches to give it flavor - that means it is just as fattening!!!!lol. I eat real food, just less of it. Low fat and fat free are just a racket, Nita...I gained my last 20 lbs on fat free foods!

We are about to go up to the airplane hangar to work on our boat for awhile. The transom is off and we need to move some things so the shipwright can get to work on Monday. This is likely our last year or two for her as we are retired and she is very expensive to keep up..it will be tough to let her go.

I look forward to hearing from you Nita and I really hope you and your family are doing well!

Love,
Nancy xo
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

I am so pleased your son is better and you are happier with your doctor and his diagnosis. I shall be keeping you in my prayers anyway.

I am the same weight Totally my own fault. I just cant seem to get motivated at the moment. We have had rain, and more rain, and more rain. The sky is constantly black and I cant remember the last time I saw the sun! Most of the country was officially classed as in "Drought" a couple of weeks ago, following a very dry (for England) winter - so naturally it hasn't stopped raining since! My greenhouse is in full swing with seedlings and cuttings for the garden and allotment but I have no idea when I shall be able to plant anything out as it is just a sea of mud everywhere.

As I have been trapped in the house I have been having a good de-clutter and spring clean. I decorated the sitting room while my husband and youngest daughter were in Spain visiting the in-laws over Easter and it has just continued from there. I am quite ashamed of the useless rubbish that has been allowed to collect in drawers and cupboards over the last few years.

I know what you mean about foods having "hidden fat and sugar". For that reason I try and cook fresh and avoid processed food as much as possible - not very easy in a house with teenagers!

Must go as hubby is shouting that its stopped raining and do I want to go on a dog walk!

Take care,
Lots of love
Nita xxx
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita,

Thank you for your cheery note! Sunday night I was hit with a migraine but it is Tuesday now and mostly gone. I managed to get to my Dr's appointment yesterday to hopefully wrap up my disability claim, hope it works this time.

I hear you Nita...clutter sneaks up on us doesn't it? I just "undid" 2 rooms last year and now I have 2 more to do now, shocking that someone could actually discover my messes if I were hit by a bus! Lol

I have just re-done my weigh graph in here, just for 8 weeks this time. I think I can manage an 8 week chunk. My plan is to lose 8 lbs in 2 months which is totally manageable if I don't get many migraines...I would even be happy with 5, but aiming for a pound a week. We have rain here as well but it is just sporadic, not like the soupy mess you are living with - poor you, Nita!! What I was hoping was, maybe we could do this together? I am suggesting we each walk 40 min per day..20 min away from home and 20 min back. How does that sound to you??

What I do Nita, for my mental " boost " is buy some inexpensive stickers, for exercise I get a colorful sticker on the calendar! Hahaha it is amazing what I will do for a sticker! Perhaps you could even get a child or hubby to walk with you sometimes? Or do a video when the kids are at school?

wow, when it is raining all I want to do is eat bread...and I am wheat free, terrible temptation! We eat mostly fresh food too Nita but sometimes....oh dear sometimes I get into my husband's apple turnovers (and they are 300 cal EACH!!!!). Mainly I can stay at 1400 cal per day so when I walk I can lose a pound per day.

Best wishes my friend!

love, Nancy xoxo
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

8lbs in 8 weeks sounds totally doable! I have just done my goal chart and that takes me to Wednesday 27th June. You are right - small chunks is much easier to get my head around. When I see the total I need to lose I get very depressed and want to reach for the biscuit tin!

Its not actually raining at the moment so I am going to take the dog out now (9.25am) and hopefully get him out again later for a second walk. Two short walks are better for my joints than one long one.

I will report back tomorrow with time/steps walked.
Take care,
Much love,
Nita xxx

Last edited by njh50; 05-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Yesterday I walked aerobically for 39mins (according to my pedometer) and covered 4.52km in 7540 steps! I also managed to keep within my calorie allowance. This morning I have lost 0.4lb! So far so good. How did you do?

I have been to the supermarket this morning and bought a new keep fit "game" (in the sale) for the Nintendo Wii - it comes with a heart monitor and other stuff and I will try and set it all up in a bit, but it may have to wait until the kids come home from school - it looks a little complicated. I am going to take the dog out now, as its not raining, and then have to go to town to pick some things up. I was planning to walk but there is more rain forcast for later so I will go in the car (I may want to lose weight but I'm not stupid).

Hope you had a good day yesterday.
Much love,
Nita
xxx
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita,

You are doing so well with your walking...excellent! Monday I walked the dog for 30 min and today I did as well, the pace was "moderate". I also got in 15 min of brisk cardio with a CD so was able to register my 45 min of exercise today quite proudly!

We don't own a Wii unit but many of our friends do...well done for getting a "game" on sale!

I have not lost any weight as yet but that is normal for me, I can eat properly and workout every day and it can take 10 days for it to register on the scale...but it Will happen soon!

It is 15 min until my television show so I will grab my strawberries/grapes and settle in for an hour before bed, my exercise has worn me out.

Hopefully your rain has backed off and left you with sunny skies!

Love,

Nancy xo
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Well done on keeping to schedule. Its the getting it to be a habit that I find hard.

I have been very good. I have managed 40 - 50 mins walking every day and am doing the fitness program on the Wii which is about 30 mins. I have also got some of those trainers with the funny sole to work your legs as you walk. They give me butt ache - so they must be working! I weighed this morning (silly thing to do as it is "time of the month") and I have GAINED 3lb!!! Hopefully this will disappear over the next week and then I shall weigh again next Wednesday - and get a truer reading (hopefully).

Weather is still rubbish. Yesterday afternoon the sun came out and I thought "finally spring is here". This morning it is overcast and damp. I really ought to go up to the allotment but the ground is too wet to do anything and I shall just get depressed and frustrated. It only needs two or three days dry with a little wind and it will dry up enough to be workable.

Take care and keep up the good work
Much love
Nita
xxx
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita,

I actually was up and out of the house by 8 am for a 30 min walk...hahaha practically unheard of for me! I keep my walks short so my feet don't complain too much during the day and I used to be a dancer so my bad knee is just fine with a 40 min walk max at one time.

Nita I have such good news to share. I am disabled with 5 diseases and have been trying so hard to get disability for the past few years, this morning they phoned me to say I have been accepted!!!!! I was so thrilled and teary I completely forgot to ask how much money I would receive each month...hahaha typical me!

You are doing so well with your exercise Nita...way to go!!! I am aiming for an hour of walking ( if my feet hold up, split in 2 walks a.m & p.m ) and 15 min of my Oxycise. it will get hot out soon so if I don't walk in the morning I will be doing an hour of Oxycise instead.

I hope your dark skies turn sunny!

Love from Nancy xo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.