Notices

Determined in England

Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi and WELCOME!!
A reminder to not be so concerned about how fast it comes off, because look how long it took to pack it on.
It can be a slow process, especially when you reach plateaus.
Just keep doing what you are doing and don't starve yourself, just count using this sytem, your fats, carbs, and proteins.
Also, make sure that you are not losing weight so fast that your body is consuming muscle.
Gain muscle and lose fat.
Being a woman, you may say "Ï don't want to be muscular" but think of it like this:
besides being bones, water, fat and muscle, if you lose the fat and didnt have any muscle, you would be bones and water-avoid that at all costs!
Welcome to the forum!!

Last edited by jackdup; 08-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nita

I am also in England and could do with a friend like you to keep me on track! I started 6 August at 252lb - just done my forst week weigh in and now 247lb so a 5lb initial loss!

I aim to be out of my size 20 jeans and into a pair of size 14 jeans by next year!! Not sure what weight that will be it is just a target I set myself...

I have chronic long term back pain and need to lose weight to alleviate some of the pain I have on a daily basis - so I need to keep moving...

I was so pleased yesterday - I went out for lunch and dinner [special day out] and stuck totally to my eating plan! I have also given up alcohol until 4 December [my wedding anniversary - 7 years] and had mineral water with ice and slice at both meals...

It would be lovely to join in your chats and offer support when you need it...

Jules xx
Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Good news on the reduction in meds Nancy. You must be feeling much better - I'm so pleased.

Thanks for the advice Jackdup (love the name) I will bear it in mind. I ought to watch the carbs because of my diabeties.

Hi Jules, well done on the initial loss. It gives you such a boost to actually achieve a loss doesn't it? Giving up the alcohol is a great idea as it is just "rubbish" calories and saves money - two plus points in my book! I shall be sticking to my half a glass of lager on a Saturday night when we have a takeaway (Chicken Tikka main meal with salad, if you please).

I haven't been using the food tracker on here as that puts me on a "Proper Diet" which instantly makes me cheat and I can't keep up longterm. I have been cooking healthily at mealtimes with lots of salad and water at the table. If I feel peckish I have a large glass of water with ice in and if I am still hungry when I have finished drinking it I have a piece of fruit. I have been trying to keep busy as I am a Boredom Eater (the house and garden have never been so tidy!). Walking the dog is also another way to burn some calories.

This has to be a change of HABITS as much as anything else. I know that I have got into some longterm, lazy and (to be honest) greedy habits that I have to break or I shall lose it all and then put it back on when I go "Off Diet". I have been losing 1lb a week on average and, actually, I am happy with that. All the years of dieting have taught me that there is no "quick fix". The weight crept on slowly and I am happy for it to creep off slowly, its more likely to stay off then.

I have weighed this morning and am....... 211.6lb. So hopefully next week I shall be back where I was before I went on holiday. Hey ho!

Take care everyone and happy dieting.

Nita.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Just weighed and I am 210.4lbs - (-1.2lb). EXACTLY what I was before going on holiday on 24th July. Just have to keep reminding myself "slowly does it is the best way" - well, for me it is anyway.

Take care everyone.

Nita.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Nita, I am actually back online in chat but not on program as yet, I am still pretty sick with this Crohn's relapse. My meds were jacked back up and I am still on a maximum dose of 2 things but having a better day today. We are moved out of our house due to a kitchen renovation as of a week ago and hope to be back home in another 8 - 10 days..it looks great so far! The calendar has just flipped into September which means our temps will be cooler generally and the kids in the neighborhood go back to school next week. Nita are your kids in school yet? The kids in the States begin school in August which always seem very early to me, but then they finish in May which is nice too.

Hope to see you soon Nita!

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

So sorry to hear you are having a bad time again with the Crohn's. The new kitchen sounds great. We started doing ours six years ago and its still not finished! The wall tiles are half done and we cant decide what to do with the floor. We knocked the wall down between the kitchen and the dining room and so now have floor boards in one half and quarry tiles (6" red clay tiles laid on a bed of sand) in the other half. We will get there one day..... I have learnt a valuable lesson - dont let a husband who works long hours convince you that he can do the work for a fraction of the cost.

I havent put on any weight but have stayed more-or-less the same. I am a bit stressed at the moment as my eldest daughter is having gyni problems and has had tests done and had a MRI scan yesterday, so we are just waiting to hear what is going on. I cant even think about dieting at the moment.

Some of the local schools went back yesterday (Fri 2nd Sept) but my children's school goes back on Monday (5th Sept). I am happy to report that my son did very well in his GCSEs and is starting 6th form (Year 12 - dont know what grade that would be with you - his is 16), which was a relief all round. Surprisingly, a few of his friends did not meet the grades they needed and so had to rush around trying to find alternative avenues. At least he is sorted for the next two years - just have to do the usual nagging "Have you done your homework"! He doesnt wear a uniform in 6th Form so he is costing me a packet getting him sorted with clothes to wear - works out more expensive than a uniform!

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with the kitchen (I am ssssooooo green with envy!).

Love Nita xxx
Old 09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita, I popped in quickly to see if you had been here and was distressed to see your daughter is having health problems. I will keep her in my prayers of that is alright with you? I am happy tho to hear your son is sorted out for the next 2 years in school..not fun spending all those £££££ for teenage clothes!!! over here a 16 yr old would be in high school in grade 10 then 11 and 12.

I am on day 2 of a migraine but well medicated, thus the ability to think/type. My Crohn's disease is backing off slowly and I am much better than this past June,,thank you for your concern. Our lives are still up in the air due to be displaced with our kitchen renovation..your quarry tiles sound beautiful!! We live on the water and our house moves a lot so tile is the Last thing we can have. Our bathroom floor is stone but some of the tiles are broken and require replacing. We have ice quakes in the winter and our houses shake, sometimes a lot! We are moving back in slowly as I get shelves/drawers lined and my husband carries bags full of " kitchenware " from the livingroom and music room. It has been 3 weeks of men tromping thru with filthy boots and doors left open - think dust!!!

I am slowly getting into some normal foods for me, as my gut allows with this disease. Tomorrow we are going into the city to attend to business and the temps will be in the teens C which is a huge switch..it has been in the middle 30's and very humid, record breaking for this time of year!! It is crazy that we have air conditioning on 24/7 in the middle of September.

Nita I am thinking of your daughter and you, I am praying for a clean bill of health! Take care of yourself so you can stay strong for her..don't diet but try not to eat a lot of junk in the centre of your stress either. There is nothing worse than worrying about your child, I have been there. I am with you, if there is anything I can do please tell me.

Nancy xx
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

My beautiful 25 year old daughter has Cervical Cancer.

There will be more scans and biopsy surgery this week before we will know what course of treatment she will have. The only thing that is certain is that she has been robbed of children. What the cancer hasnt taken, the surgeon will. I cant stop crying. Please pray for her.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nita I am so very sorry for your family at this most difficult time with your daughter's cancer..actually, when one person has cancer you all do. My cancer surgery was one year ago last week and I know how important communication is..take advantage of all the support available to you, it is very helpful. Geez Nita,this is just horrid and 25 is so darned young!!..but I don't need to tell you that. You are in shock and grief and I wish I could sit in your kitchen with you and just listen to you pour your heart out. I am here tho, please stay in touch. I am praying for you and your family. Nancy xx
Old 09-25-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nita I am still praying for you and your daughter, just hang in there friend. There is nothing worse than worrying about a sick child.

My Crohn's disease is finally over..9 weeks of being bedridden and another month of just moving around the house..as of now I am getting back on normal food and starting to walk up and down our driveway, I am very weak. I registered my food with fitday for the first time since the middle of June.

Nita love..hang in there with your family, I am praying for a 100 % recovery!!

ciao,

Nancy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.