Notices

Determined in England

Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well folks it is Saturday and I am still Far from normal, I can see this could take a few months to leave my system. I am on a crazy food intake due to my illness and have actually gained 2 lbs..misery. I live on Ensure, Jello and mashed potatoes but I am now eating some salmon,which doesn't make me sick. I am still so conscience of what I put in my body tho..not that it does me any good! Lol

Nita, Well Done on the inches lost!!!! You have done so very well and I am impressed! What a fantastic experience to dash to your closet and put on Smaller pants! You are doing all sorts of things well to get results like this..it goes to show that changing habits and taking things slowly, one step at a time, add up. I think too many people try to do too many crazy things at once to lose weight and just cannot maintain it day to day...

I also have the Zumba DVD set and just adore it..once I get tucked into it! I still like my Oxycise the best and can stick with that everyday, normally, that is. I picked up the broom today and used it for about 15 seconds before I was exhausted, but things will get better!

The Royals left Canada last night and are in Hollywood now, this will be exciting for them meeting movie stars!

Time for a rest and to drink more water. I hope everyone had a good Saturday.

Cheerio,

Nancy
Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

I have been thinking of you all week Nancy and wondering how you are. Just take it easy and get well soon. Sorry to hear about the 2lb gain - at least it is not from overeating - its out of your hands. Dont give up.

I did manage to lose 2lb this week and bought some new SMALLER underwear. My hands have gone down a bit and are not so painfull, so we did go shopping for a new ring (not allowed to wear it until my birthday).

My husband has suggested we have a BBQ for the family to mark my 50th birthday. As we are going on holiday on the 24th and my birthday is the 23rd we shall be too busy that weekend. So I had better be extra careful this week and next to counteract any indulgence! I am going to be extra busy getting the house and garden shipshape anyway so less calories snacking and more calories burned (in theory).

Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nitax
Old 07-16-2011, 02:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

It is a full week since I posted, things are somewhat better and I am hopeful to get out of the house tomorrow. I am on a new drug protocol as of last night and it seems to be helping. I also am eating chicken and salmon...so things are looking up!

Nita how was your week? I hope you are not getting the heat we have here, thank goodness for air conditioning! With humidity factored in it will be 44c here tomorrow..you can bet I won't be out in it.

Time for bed now, I will be back in soon.

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 07-17-2011, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

So glad to hear you are getting better and eating properly again Nancy. You have been in my prayers this week.

We had a BBQ on Saturday for my family to celebrate my birthday next week. All week we had very nice sunny weather with a forcast for rain on Saturday! But we held our nerve and put up the gazebo in the garden. Saturday morning dawned a little grey but by 10am it was very, very heavy rain. I had several phone calls asking if it was still on (1pm start) but I said I had all the food ready so there was no point in cancelling. Anyway at 12.40pm the clouds parted and the sun shone for the rest of the day! Great fun - paid for it yesterday tho!

I have weighed this morning and I am the same as last week - at least I didnt gain. Im not going to make my mini goal of 205lbs by Saturday, but I would like to lose at least 1lb this week as that will take me under 15stone/210lbs. I found my old Slimming World books (a bit like Weight Watchers) which I went to 6 years ago. I went for about 2 months with my mum and sister but we all found it a bit patronizing. I have used the weight loss diary in the back of the book on and off and was amazed to see that the lowest I have been in six years is 210lbs. So I have been yo-yoing with the same 12lbs!

I am SO annoyed with myself. About 10 attempts over six years and got no where. I NEED to get under 210 to prove to myself that this time it is different. A couple of people have noticed Ive lost a little and my clothes are fitting so much better but I think 210 is a psycological (spelling?) block I need to get past.

Will keep you posted.

Take care Nancy, hope you continue to make progress with your new medication.

Happy and successful dieting everyone.

Nita x
Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hmm..... what are the chances of dropping 0.5lb in 24 hrs?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita! Happy birthday to us, yesterday!lol

I am so happy your BBQ went off well and that the sun came out in your honor. Last night I was out for the first night in 6 weeks. Good friends made dinner for us, just the few things I can eat (fish, potatoes, jello) with an Asian salad and cooked veggies for the others. Today I have had 3 naps..and it is just past 2pm! Lol

Nita you WILL get past 210, this is not forever. I have gained weight with all the potatoes I have to eat and at first it was a devastating blow..but I adjusted, it is temporary - and your weight is Temporary!! I find summer the toughest time to lose especially if small kids, or larger ones, are about the place. Time and privacy are always an issue, don't you think? If I remember properly I took up long distance walking when my husband was home to supervise the kids, haha I gave up trying to do videos in our livingroom during the day.

My meds were changed and they are working, slowly. I have to give myself enemas every night for 2 weeks. It is the same family of drugs that I take orally 4x-day and I am so grateful for the help. Crohn's is a tough disease...but I am up to the challenge!

My plan is to rest today and start doing some gentle exercise beginning tomorrow, maybe some stretching today. Nita, hang in there, put the scale away and measure your waist..have you done that yet? don't let that blasted scale rule your day and your mood. Nita..back away from the scale!!

Are you keeping a food journal in here? if it helps keep a paper journal in the kitchen And a computer journal in here. I am going to be in here more often to keep you company now I am feeling stronger. We can do this!

Hang in there Nita, measure your waist around your belly button (suck it in) and I will see you tomorrow.

Nancy x
Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile

Hello Nita,

It is another beautiful summers morning here but it will be short-lived as the temps go up this afternoon and it gets steamy hot with thunder showers..at least we have the a/c to deal with it! Our dog Tess Hates the thunder and hides in the bathroom, shaking.

My Crohn's is still active and quite problematic, but my eyes are getting sparkly again even tho I am still quite pale. I can still only eat chicken, salmon, jello, mashed potatoes and Ensure..but I am grateful for what I Can do..no complaining here!lol

It is a civic long weekend here, it is also the annual Icelandic celebration of the area we live in..our population swells from 3,000 to 30,000 for the weekend, crazy!!lol We live in the largest Icelandic settlement outside of Iceland.

I am thinking of you Nita, how are you doing??

cheers,

Nancy

Last edited by Meggietye; 08-01-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Add word
Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Just got back from holiday (1 hour ago!) visiting relatives in Spain for the last two weeks.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Nancy, and a belated happy birthday!

Will reply properly tomorrow.

Love Nita
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy and Everyone,

We have been on holiday to Spain to stay with my husband's father and Spanish step-mother. I have been "off diet" as there was no way I could control what I ate without cause GREAT offence!

It was LARGE gin and tonics before lunch with at least two glasses of wine with lunch (you put your hand over your glass and say "no more thanks" and the min you look away it gets filled up! - very irritating). Then lunch consisted of very large portions of meat/sausage/cheese, olive oil dressing on EVERYTHING (I like olive oil, but its fattening), and salad (with olive oil poured on).

Then in the evening its exactly the same: MASSIVE gin and tonic, more wine and even larger portions, followed by cheese board and crackers AND cake. Oh and I havent mentioned breakfast - baskets of toast with home made jam and marmalade and gallons of coffee with full fat milk. It was all prepared with such love that you could not have refused even if you had wanted to.

I stood on the scales this morning (I know Nancy, not a good idea - but I had to know!) and was rather surprised to find that I have only put on 2.2lb.

So today, 8.8.2011, I am 212.6lb.

I am drinking loads of water today as I am just so thirsty (lots of salt as well as olive oil!).

I am going to have to slowly increase my exercise to pre-holiday levels (going for a walk was impossible due to heat/mosquitos) and I am feeling very sluggish at the mo.

Will report back in a few days with (hopefully) good news.

Love Nita
Old 08-12-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita!!

By now you have been home from hols for awhile, I totally understand about everything and I hope you were able to settle in and just enjoy your family.

As of today I am dosing down one of my meds by 50%.. still maxed out on the other two but this will take time. I am weak but getting stronger!

I will check in soon, keep well Nita.

Cheers,

Nancy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.