Notices

Determined in England

Old 06-11-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like you are well on form today! I was very industrious yesterday and spent 2 hours on our allottment doing some digging and watering. Today has been sunshine and showers so I have managed to grab an hours walk around the village with my husband and our little dog in one of the sunny spells. I can normally only manage to put on one of my exercise dvds during the week as we have a small house (no exercise room here unfortunately) and at weekends the house is full of people. I weighed this morning and have lost another 1.2lb. I shall have to make sure I keep up with the toneing exercises or I shall have yards of lose skin at this rate! Cant understand why Im not craving forbidden foods this time. I think that it must be right that weight loss is 99% mind set (read that somewhere) - Im just so relieved I seem to have got there this time.

Hope you have a good time at the marina and with your daughter next week.

Take care.

Nita
Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I live in aberystwyth, wales. I have been on every diet possible. the atkins diet works very well and you lose quickly, i just got bored as usual. I am going back on the slim fast just to kick start me off but did follow food combining for three years, which is how i lost my weight and maintained it, once again got bored! need to get myself in the right frame of mind this time because its time to sort myself out. good luck everyone.xx
Old 06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi racingredalfa,

Do remember that meal replacements and very restrictive diets are a short term solution. For sustained and maintained weight loss its needs to be a lifestyle change. If we were all eating healthily and doing enough exercise there would be no need for this website! You really do have to get into the right frame of mind. For me it was sitting down and REALLY thinking about why I am overweight, why I want to lose weight and setting realistic goals.

We have all got into this situation because of our bad habits and the only way to change that is to change those habits.

Good luck and stick with it.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita and everyone,

Good for you having a lovely walk with your husband and dog in that lovely sunshine..fleeting as it may be! We have had 3 super days with another one today until major rains hit us tonight, we are due to be very wet the next 4 days.

I awakened at 6 am and got my aerobics in..hahaha I feel so successful! I must say this routine suits me as I do my workout then come in and log my food for the day, except dinner, then I find it easier to pick and choose thru out the day and make adjustments in the evening. Nita it is not hard for me to do this when the sun is out but when it rains day after day my brain chemistry changes and I want nasty things...like bread and crackers etc..all day, but now that I am working out regularly I hope it will be easier to deal with.

Would you like to know a little about me, Nita? I have 2 grown kids, 4 step kids and 12 grandchildren!! I am 55, 56 in July. How old are your kids? My two are 32 & 29.

I am off to make morning coffee and get my sketch book out, I think I may do a little drawing this afternoon. I hope your sweet dog gets another walk in around the village soon, at this rate all of you will be fit!

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 06-12-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Know exactly what you mean about wanting to eat unhealthily in bad weather. I lose 8-10lb every summer and then put them back on in the winter! Hoping to change my habits once and for all this year.

I have three children, 25, 16 and 13 - no grandchildren yet. My eldest lives in a flat in town but the other two are still at home - obviously.

We did get out for a walk this afternoon - in our full rain gear! We have had thick black clouds rolling across the sky, very rough winds (quite a few tree branches down) and driving rain. We were all getting a bit bored staring out of the window at the lashing rain so decided to "go for it". I wont complain though as Norfolk (on the east) has had a drought warning. One min they are telling us to be careful with water wastage and the next its flood warnings. Cant seem to get a happy medium anymore.

I will have a tough time on the dieting/exercise front next week. My husband will be on late shift (2pm-10pm) so he will be at home in the mornings and my 16 year old is doing GCSE exams, so he is at home and only goes into school when he has an exam - only got one on Friday morning next week.

To focus on my diet and exercise I need to be able to "do my own thing" during the day. They are in and out of the kitchen up and down the stairs - I use my pilates machine on the landing. The rest of the family seem to be able to eat what they like and never put on weight. I on the other hand have got over weight eating like they do. I have had to resort to cooking myself something totally different to them or having what they have but substituting most of it for salad.

I shall go and visit my mother tomorrow and will try and get up to our allottment as much as possible during the rest of the week. Digging is very good exercise and productive too.

Take care
Nita
ps: I am having a devil of a job to get posts accepted. when I pres "submit reply" I just get a blank page and have to press "back" and try again - about 20 times in all! Most frustrating. Any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM
FitDay Member

morning. I know where your coming from. i just need to see some weight gone as soon as because its getting me down on a daily basis. Even though im only a couple of stone overweight, which isnt too major, i find it difficult to exercise as its like running with a toddler on your back!! thanks for the good luck wishes and i hope to see a change in my weight chart soon.enjoy your day.x
Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am in bed with a nasty virus, been 2 days now. I am very weak, drop most things I pick up. Things will improve with time. Nita I hope things are going well for you.

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Nancy, poor you. Take care and hope you get well soon. I am fine at the moment, bit stiff and sore because of the damp weather but nothing too bad.

Hope you are up and about soon and feeling better.

Nita
Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

hello... welcome njh50. I here want to know a lot about health.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Nita, Well it is Thursday and the worst of this muscle virus is over, I am a bit weak and tired but I just take things slowly. Thank you Nita for your good wishes, it worked!

Hubby is outside doing the garden and I am tossing out the weeks newspapers and organizing my library magazines to take back tomorrow. We have company coming for lunch tomorrow but hubby is cooking so I am doing the table. The cleaners are here today, thank goodness.

I am going to do some very mild movements..deep diaphragmatic breathing/stretching..I have been eating high cal stuff for 3 days but I still weighed in and am down a lb in 10 days. I logged it in here and looked at the graph...success!!lol

All the windows are open and the breeze is coming in off the lake, it smells sooo good! After many days of rain and darkness this sunshine is like heaven and the flowers have perked right up.

Welcome to everyone who has joined us..let's talk health!!

Cheerio,

Nancy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.