Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Old 06-09-2011, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Curlz (can I call you that?), I might check out the Insanity. I've seen it discussed in Yahoo! Answers (the same place I found out about this site, and the P90X), just might be hard on the budget right now.
So for now I'm eating and going to hit the treadmill at the gym hard. Think I'll go late at night on weekends, hopefully no one will be there.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories 1200-1300. 1201, 1255, 1489, 1293
2. Exercise 6 times. Nope-planned night off, Tennis, Cardio Tennis & a run, Weights
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 7! 7! 7!
4. Weigh in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Smile more, bitch less Halfway, Yes (even at the dentist!), Yes, Yes

Made it through today even with an unplanned trip for my weakness, frozen yogurt, with my son and a friend. The scale's bounced around but is dropping in increments (yay for digital scales) and I'm back at the top of my comfort range, though another pound or two would tweak me right back to where I like to be. It feels like splitting hairs to say that, but I guess at my height even a couple pounds makes a big difference?

Hope everyone did well today. Mike, feeling any relief?

Terri, had to laugh at taking other people's crusts. Guilty here, too (well, really, just my son's; anyone else's would creep me out)! Go Red Sox !

Life is good. Work is caught up, house is clean, and tomorrow is a work at home day balanced with some activities with the kid. He agreed to get up early again (!) and swim some laps with me, so we shall see.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, you are rocking the sleep this week! And great you managed the frozen yogurt. Good luck on the laps tomorrow.

xcurlygirlx, how long are the P90X workouts?

wowgirl88, what kind of plants are the ones you are not watering?

wghtloser, nice job on your goals!

Terri, I admire your determination! Exercise at 11 pm! I need to go look at your pics in the other thread.

canary52, how was the chicken?

quinn, is the weather better now?

Mike, how are you doing?

Welcome becajoy!

Double day report, Wednesday and Thursday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie average. 1157
2. Drink 3 L of water a day. No, No, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, No, Yes
4. Finish the report by Wednesday. Guess what... its done!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 PM
FitDay Member

MAIN80, the P90X workouts are an hour long, but they really seemed to drag. I can easily sit on the exersize bike for 3 episodes of Buffy (2hours 15 mins), yet just watching the first P90X disc felt like forever.
And I've got no idea. The person that owns this house is a bit of a greenie, into recycling everything, growing veggies and the yard is filled with herbs (legal kind) and pot plants. Not that being a greenie is bad, I think it's great, and hope to have a veggie patch if I get my own place, but yeah, greenery overload. Dammit, now I have to go water them while I'm thinking of it!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

WAY TO GO, MAIN80!!

Doesn't it feel good to have that report finished??

Well done!

wowgirl; I'd imagine that Buffy is pretty motivating. She's in awfully good shape from battling those vampires . If I could be guaranteed to look like that, I'd fight vampires, too.

We had an interesting thread a while back as to which famous person's body you would most like to have yours resemble...any comments?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Physical
1) walking/gym 3x this week minimum: N, N, YES with DH on a beautiful road before it got hot, Yes and it was hot hot hot outside
2) strrrrrretching : a bit, N, Y, meh
3) less calories ummm1840 or so, 1640, 2020, unlike Quinn, I actually eat more in hot weather, which does not make sense I know plus I'm a social eater and see more people in spring and summer, 1840
4) less sugar: N and the sugar I ate really messed up my sleep: Tuesday sugar caused fibro IBS to flare and I became good friends with Mr Toilet Bowl and Ms Saltines so No, TMI I know sorry!!!, Yes I did not eat sugar because sugar is not my friend, too much sugar free chocolate the malitol is no friend to my tummy
5) cut it out with the dairy, at least cut down: y, y, eh I did taste the mac and cheese I made DD and her friend, quite a few times: I needed to make sure it was good, right? Now I am congested. Will I ever learn?, choc and DD BF soaked chicekn in milk
6) drink water: eh 5-6 glasses, better maybe 8, 10 it was hot out!, ?
Other
1) worry less, trust more trying! DD has first boyfriend yikes, yes-ish did I mention boyfriend?/ yes I sent the worry on vacation today, yes
2) meditation yes, yes, yes, yes
3) get back on writing schedule YES, YES, YES started doing real work, yes but not much of anything
4) Oh yes and Smile more bitch less; is that how that one goes? LOL YES, YES see? Yes, Yes

Cassie, you do not have cankles! I have not even met you and still I just know this!

Thanks for all the support on the rap, guys. It was really just for fun.

DD's BF did come and make fried chicken, first it was undercooked, then he burned the oil and the house filled with smoke and we had to open all the windows. When it finally came out tho, it was really good. I had 3 pieces and sent some home with him.

He seems like a sweet kid. The problem is he's the older brother of her BFF and she wants to have a sleepover at her friend's house tonight after her friends and BF come back from prom and there is very little in the way of supervision because the mother, nice as she is, let us say honestly, is EXTREMELY casual in her approach to child raising tho they turned out to be pretty good kids. I want DD to be honest and I want to trust her but this is a dilemma. I know her BF has had "experience" (one of his girlfriends lived at his house for a year) and supposedly he respects that she doesn't. She's 17; he'll be 19 in August. Any suggestions? Having her and her friends come here doesn't always work because DD "hates this house" and wants to get out of Dodge. Her friend asked me the other day: Does the fact that she's dating my brother mean she can't have sleepovers at my house and I honestly can't answer that. I wasn't too thrilled about her having them there beforehand! BTW DD is the kind who bristles under restrictions but is basically a good kid. I don't want to drive her to sneaking around but still I worry...

Ideas?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by canary52; 06-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

lol, Hope, how about I do a before and after shot on the other thread of my "ankles"? I'm guessing they look the same. I have such short, stubby legs, but hey, I'll focus on what I can change, and it's not that!

How goes the budding romance? Sounds like this BF might be a good pick so far. I love the way you're approaching it with humor and rollling with the punches. Good job pushing through the walk in the heat, and nice work on getting the meditation in this week .

As far as the sleepover...all I can say is, you're the parent; trust your instincts. Can you call his mom and see how she plans to handle it?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

*Thursday*

Food and Fitness:

1. 1200 calories/day average. Not going to even try to figure out. 880- can't eat when it's this hot. 1075. 1092

2. Walk two miles per day minimum, weather permitting. 1 mile. (back issue) 2 miles. 1 mile. (Weather not permitting.) 2 miles.

3. LOG EVERYTHING! No. Yes. Yes. Yes.

4. Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Personal Stuff:

Be patient with our new family schedule with daughter home for summer break. Be flexible. Remember that the house isn't going to stay picked up and perfect... it just isn't. (What's the saying... "It is what it is"? ) Yes. It irritated me today, but I kept my mouth shut. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Terri has crust issues??? Oh... now I see... lol

Well, the weather has cooled but my appetite still is off which NEVER happens to me. I'm usually a huge eater, hence the need to be here... The last time I was really hungry was Monday when I had my broasted chicken frenzy. Maybe I just messed up my stomach. Not that I'm complaining, it's just not like me. Even with my calories so low, the scale isn't budging. Ugh. Maybe because they're too low, I suppose. The weekend is here, hubby is only working a half day today and so I'm sure restaurants will be involved. lol

Canary,

Wow! There are still Proms going on???

As you probably know, I have a 17 y/o daughter as well. We went through a year of the "steady Eddie" stuff with a kid we really liked. When they broke up last summer (he went to college), she went back to her group of childhood friends (both guys and girls) and focused on an extremely heavy academic load this past school year, which was WONDERFUL for me as a mom! In her words, she "didn't have time" to date anyone last winter. In reality, I think part of it was her first big time broken heart, but she won't admit it.

As far as the "overnighter", I'm with Cassie... use your instincts. I've only gone against my instincts twice as a mom, and both times were a disaster. My suggestion would be to give her a very late curfew, but short of all night. Yes, I know that things can happen even then. But, at least she knows that there are going to be limits and that you reserve the right to be in control.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

wowgirl88,

Lol, sure you can call me Curlz..whatever floats your boat I guess The treadmill is my favorite piece of equipment, so I hear ya there!

cjohnson728,
way to go! Small losses add up
& which famous persons body I would like to have..my answer is Rihanna!!

Main80,
the P90x workouts were mostly about an hour, but the yoga video in particular was 90 minutes!

canary52,
The fact that it's her BFF's older brother does confuse the situation. I'm sorry i don't have any suggestions. My kids are all under 5 years old, so I haven't had to deal with the opposite sexes yet. I hear open communication is key though

Fitness Goals & Food
1.) Run a total of 7 miles.
2.)Strength train twice this week.
3.)Portion control! (this is my killer)
4.)8 cups of water daily.

Other Goals
1.) Get out of the house twice this week.. park..grocery store etc.
2.)keep up on housework!

*Update*
I stepped on the scale this morning, and it read 165.8! I've lost over 3 pounds this week!! I assume it's because it's my first week jumping back into it.

Last edited by xcurlygirlx; 06-10-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.