Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Cassie: Thanks! I’m a huge beach fan. I call it my “Beach Therapy”
IMO, Best. Therapy. Ever (and I should know; I'm in the business ).

What beach do you like? We're looking for a new family vacation spot that doesn't entail too much travel this year, due to various other commitments and timetables. You're in SC, right? Got any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Cassie! That's great your son was actually interested in a good nutrition book for kids!

Terri, I'm usually all green on Mondays. Mid-week the red will start showing up. I thought green things may mean plants and flowers. I have a black thumb--all plants and flowers die on me in the house. I can't keep goldfish, either--maybe I water them too much. LOL Great idea to try to go off other things than the scale for motivation. Hey, over by just 46 teeny calories ought to be a positive number for you. Sometimes I cut myself a little slack if I'm that close and call a number green anyway just so I don't get so down on myself. But you have to do what's more motivating to yourself.

xcurlygirlx, congrats to you on running from the ice cream and cake. I totally agree with you--there will come a time when you can eat those things in moderation, but perhaps now is not the time--UNLESS you can do well at portion control now and UNLESS not eating it would cause you to run to the fridge and have a midnight binge when everyone else is asleep. Only you can be the judge of that, though. As my new doctor says, "Only compare yourself to YOU." But it looks like you nailed it!

canary, I'm probably your OLDEST friend here--will be 65 next month. LOL Looks like your off to a fairly good start. First boyfriend--eek! I remember those times and sometimes didn't know whether I'd live through it.

mhibdon, LOL some guys actually like more "meat" on their women and a lot of "junk in the trunk." Lifting weights surely was nice for those legs. I noticed because when I was young I got a lot of compliments on mine--nobody ever complimented MY "junk in the trunk," though. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 06-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's Report.

Fitness goals:
  • Eat everything Lite N' Easy deliver - no exceptions, and nothing else. Y
  • Drink at least four bottles of water a day - even weekends!Y
  • Join the gym on Friday and use it! N
  • Take the dog for a walk at least three times.N
  • Be honest in blog with emotions, even though two people I know IRL are reading it.Y
  • Cut back the smokes, big time.Y
Not Fitness:
  • Organise my bedroom.N
  • Organise the rest of the house.N
  • Water the plants.N
  • Take mail to nursing home.Y

Nursing homes are really creepy .
Well the Lite N' Easy arrvied yesterday, had the dinner, starting full days today onward. I started with the meatloaf last night, tasted good, just so much food! I felt kinda bloated, I think because I only eat that much if it's crap food, whereas now it's good food so more filling, made me a bit ill, but I was okay a few hours later.
Had the breakfast this morning, two slices of toast with apricot jam, and two weetbix, but had to take the weetbix to work cause I've got no milk at 'home' and a negative bank balance .
Am I allowed to plug my blog? Cause it kinda goes into a bit more (I think, was pretty tired when I did it last night), or I might just copy the important blog parts into here.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I'm at work, so can't reply to them all in person, I'll see if I can tonight.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, I had a long post and now its gone... starting over.

Mern, you are just awesome, your goals are right where they are supposed to be. Great you got to balance your calories and sat fat, and hopefully you don't feel deprived. We will get this exercise thing down, at least you got 15 minutes, I got nothing. :O

Almeeker, that garden is huge! Must be quite the workout. I tried some belly dancing last week and I must say the movements feel very awkward when you are learning them but it's fun (or funny, not quite sure).

Quinn, great call on the no deep fried, I might have to adopt that! You will hit your goal in no time.

Cassie, looks like you and your son are off to a great summer! I had forgotten how entertaining the Eat this not that stuff is, really instructive.

Terri, don't forget to prep for your interview tonight! Glad to hear you are getting over the soreness.

xcurlygirlx, kudos for resisting the ice cream and cake! Maybe you don't have to wait too much to have some as long as you schedule it in

canary52, first boyfriend! As I used to tell my mother as long as I am telling you about him then you don't have to worry about it.

mhibdon, I love stickers so much they probably wouldn't last!

wowgirl88, congrats on your goals, specially the cutting back on smokes.

Report doesn't look so great...

1. Keep a 1200 calorie average. 1114
2. Drink 3 L of water a day. No
3. Exercise 5 times during the week. No
4. Finish the report by Wednesday
Old 06-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Popping in to chat for a bit; dinner will be quite late tonight due to a variety of factors, so hopefully this'll keep me out of the pantry any more than I already have been!

Quinn, sounds like you were off to a rough start today. I'm not really sure what broasted chicken is, but it sounds like maybe some of what you've got going on could be water from sodium, so hope it disappears quickly for you. Keep you eye on the prize, girl!

Mern, green means go, looking good on the goals! I'll say it again; CHARGE! How are the grandkids doing? Keeping you busy ?

almeeker, happy harvesting of the strawberries. And when are you purchasing your harem attire to go with your bellydancing workout? That intrigues me; might have to look that one up!

Terri, what about a philodendron or a fern? They're pretty tolerant plants...Maybe you should just pick one out and leave the BF out of it for now

xcurlygirlx, great willpower! I don't think I would have done as well. I have an emergency cheat for times like that...I take a Vitatops chocolate muffin and a scoop of lowfat frozen yogurt and it's like ice cream and cake for about 200 calories, plus a bunch of fiber. But if you can stave it off, more power to ya! Some people do better if they don't even go near the "bad" foods, but over time I've learned that I need to put them in in some variation, occasionally, or in small doses (and plan for them), or I'll end up with an ice cream bucket and an all-out face-stuffing fest. If you don't feel you can live without your favorites, some careful thought and planning will still get you to your desired weight.

Hope, good to see you pop in, as always; you'll have to keep us posted on the First Boyfriend saga. We're still waiting on the first girlfriend here (though we have had the first crush).

wowgirl88, my hat's off to you for trying to lose weight and quit smoking. Tough as nails. Hang in there and welcome to our motivational thread.

MAIN80, some days are like that. Tomorrow's another one. Pat yourself on the back for the calories and enjoy your night.

melissah and wghtloser, glad to have you along for the ride . Hope everyone is well and happy today.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default bad news...

I had my MRI done and it turns out that I have a bulging disc. That's what my nerve is hitting on. It is what it is, right? I will continue to workout but will be doing it in a sensible manner. As of this moment I'm not considering back surgery. I'll continue with chiropractic treatment and pray that one day soon I'll be relieved of this pain. I now need to figure out what I'm going to do about the 1/2 marathon that I have scheduled in September.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mik, I'm sorry to hear your news. It sounds like you have a good plan between being mindful of it and continuing with the chiropractor. Do what you can when you can, and rest when you need to. I hope you get some relief soon. {{hugs}}
Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Don't be discouraged. I have three of them; two that give me issues. One between my shoulder blades and the other in my lower back. (Where my shoulder and lap belts caught me) Having that diagnosis is scary at first because you immediately think "surgery". As you know, I'm not a doctor, or even medically trained, for that matter. So, the usual advice applies... follow your doctor's instructions. However, I can say from my own personal experience, that I received that same scary diagnosis 9 years ago. I decided to forgo surgery because I'm allergic to narcotics and most pain relievers. Also, in the studies that I've read, the outcome over a 5 year time period, whether you have surgery or not, is the same.

Have I changed my way of life? Yes. I don't do heavy lifting anymore and I avoid high impact sports like jogging... two things that I know you enjoy.

Besides Chiropractic, there are minimally invasive procedures you can try as well, where the bulge is actually "shaved off". (My husband used to work at a Surgical Center where they specialized in spinal pain and injuries.) Most importantly, give it time before anyone talks you into any surgery. It is a very slow process and lots of patience is required, but you'll be fine.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Food and Fitness:

1. 1200 calories/day average. Not going to even try to figure out. 880- can't eat when it's this hot.
2. Walk two miles per day minimum, weather permitting. 1 mile. (back issue) 2 miles.
3. LOG EVERYTHING! No. Yes.
4. Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily. Yes. Yes.

Personal Stuff:

Be patient with our new family schedule with daughter home for summer break. Be flexible. Remember that the house isn't going to stay picked up and perfect... it just isn't. (What's the saying... "It is what it is"? ) Yes. It irritated me today, but I kept my mouth shut.

Last edited by quinnesec; 06-08-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks girls. Surgery is the farthest thing from my mind, really. It will be a last resort deal if I go that route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.