Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Old 06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Fitness Goals:

1. Limit calories to 1,400 per day. 1,949
2. 6 hours of exercise. 0 min
3. 96 oz of water. Y
4. 3,500 calorie deficit for the week. -523 (total -523)
5. Take measurements. N
6. Log every day, especially weekends. Y
7. No chips, no cookies. Y

Non-fitness Goals:

8. Finish planting garden. 1/3 done
9. Get DD's birthday party organized. N
10. Housework, 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry. 15 + 1 load
11. Confirm camp reservations. Y
12. Have kids complete at least one 4-H project. They helped in the garden.

I didn't do all that well with my health & fitness goals yesterday, but I did manage to get 1/3 of the garden planted. I know that doesn't sound like much, but the garden is nearly 2 acres, planting it is a week long ordeal. Yesterday we managed to get all the starter plants in the ground. It was supposed to rain last night, only the clouds went north of us so today we'll be out watering all those little sprouts. The strawberries are coming in like gang busters, and will likely need picking by tomorrow. Strawberries are very opportunistic when it comes to spreading, they've taken over most of the south garden. What a mess, it's a good thing that raspberries are the same, or they would have been snuffed out.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Completely disgusted with myself for my slip last night. Let's just say that broasted chicken was involved. Yuck. I seem to do better with a specific goal. So, my new goal is to get these 5 lbs. off by June 30th. Strict, but I can do it. In fact, I'm so serious about this, I'm adding my progress to my sig. Husband and I made a challenge to each other not to eat one piece (not even a taste) of anything deep fried the rest of the summer. Last summer, I wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole. This summer, I'm being much more lax. We'll see how it goes! Mid 90's forecast for today which means that my appetite will go to zero. Probably a good thing after last night!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I hope you have a more restful week. How'd your son do in the tennis tournament? My little grandson was so tickled Saturday to make a solo double play in coach pitch softball by catching a pop fly and then tagging out the runner who had to return to first base.

Welcome back canary!

Wowgirl88, welcome! Wishing you much success. As an ex smoker, I know how hard it is to quit. But YOU CAN DO IT!

Melissah, welcome! I'm a huge fan of baby steps and take them often, myself, but your goals this week look quite respectable to me. The only failure is to not try at all. I'm rootin' for ya!

Hi, Mike. Golly, I hope you get some pain relief soon!

Welcome xcurlygirlx! I had gotten down from 209 several years ago to 177 and then gradually regained all the way up to 246 in 2010. By January 17, when I started with this group, I was down to 240. Our group really keeps me motivated--everyone is so helpful and so encouraging. Sure looks like you know what to do and how to do it! I hope you find all the support you need here.

Wghtloser, welcome. Congrats on the lifestyle change. I'm convinced that's what it takes--dieting and then returning to the same old bad habits doesn't work. You're headed for success.

Almeeker, I totally understand that it's not deliberate cheating but just not paying attention that can cause the weight to creep back up. Those new short are great movitation, eh? We're rootin' for ya, kiddo!

MAIN80, I gotta do better on exercise this week! Last week sucked big time!

Terri, best wishes on the interview Tuesday. Green things for the apartment? What's that about? Keep in mind that you might carry a little extra water weight with beginning that 30 day shred and it will come off quickly once your body gets used to the new exercise.

Quinn! Congrats on all the hiking! Good idea to rest yesterday. Good luck with the new schedule. Sometimes life just plain gets in the way. OK, so you went over--today is your new start. Did the bears come back?

Mhibdon, great pic! I think sometimes there's a pic bug on FitDay that eventually gets fixed. Your pic was showing just fine when I first saw it Tuesday morning. You've got curves and nice legs. Heck I'd love to hear compliments like that but I've got a long way to go. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 06-07-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the new faces, xcurlygirlx, wghtloser, wowgirl88 and melissah152. And welcome back canary52.

mhibdon, I'm going to second that "swimsuit model" compliment only I think you look a little more like a "hot surfer girl" in the pic you posted. Very nice, keep up the good work.

As usual great job on meeting your goals Mern! You are an inspiration!

Cassie, this morning I did Netflix "Egyptian Belly Dancing for Beginners". It was actually a really good workout, I wasn't dripping sweat or anything, but I found it quite hard. Shorty that I am, I had trouble with some of the moves, I kept feeling like being longer would've helped me. A mirror would have helped too. For the moment doing the moves takes a lot of concentration, but I think over time they will be easier.

Mike take it easy, hopefully the MRI will give you an easy answer. I had a similar pain for the last 6 months with each of my pregnancies, so I feel for you.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, that much planting is a lot of exercise! Glad your strawberries are coming in. DH accidentally over-fertilized ours and they got burned up. He had to replant.

Quinn, best wishes with the deep fried foods taboo. Nice that DH is going along with you. Really hot and humid here in Ohio, too.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all, just checking in quickly and will catch up with you later. My son agreed to have me wake him this AM to exercise; he actually got up and is reading Eat This, Not That for Kids while eating his breakfast. Can you say Teachable Moment? So I'm going to lace up my shoes and we're either going to go hit or go for a jog.

1. Calories 1200-1300. 1201
2. Exercise 6 times. Nope-planned night off
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5
4. Weigh in daily. Yes
5. Smile more, bitch less Halfway
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Morning everyone! Welcome and good luck to all the new folks!!

Cassie: Sounds like a busy week! One thing at a time, you can do it!!

Mike: Good luck on your MRI, you'll be in my thoughts.

Main80: haha, I had to change it to Wednesday, I forgot about my favorite time of the month coming up I usually weight Wednesdays on that week (before it starts), and then I'll weigh again next Monday

Mern: All that green again! You are a rockstar! And thanks, I'm nervous for the interview but it will be ok As for green things for the apartment -- I want some flowers and plants in my life! BF and I tend to kill flowers, but I want to buy a couple of hanging baskets for our porch and see if I can't get them to live for awhile And thanks -- I know that the 30 DS is different for my body, so I'm just hoping that I see results soon-ish. Trying to go off of other things than the scale number for motivation.

almeeker: You'll be in those shorts before you know it. I am in awe of your 2 acre garden So much good work!

mhibidon: Awesome pic! You've got some killer legs on you, and I am so jealous of the surfing!

quinn: You'll burn off the dinner in no time, don't even sweat it. I'm rooting for your new goal and look forward to seeing your progress!

Fitness and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit M: -841 (Week Total: -841)
2) Weekly average of 1200-1300 calories (not to exceed 1450 on any given day): M: 1,346 (Week Average: 1,346)
3) 30 Day Shred every day M: yes
4) 2 "extra exercise" days of cardio M: No
5) Weekly Average of 50% or less carbs M: 53% (Week Average: 53%)
6) Weekly Average of 30% or more protein M: 25% (Week Average: 25%)
7) 120 oz. of water daily M: yes
8) Multivitamin and Fiber pills every day M: yes
9) No ice cream M: yes
10) Do not weigh until Wednesday, for the sake of my sanity. M: I'm changing this goal to Wednesday -- forgot it's TOTM week, Friday's weight will be wonky.

Other Life Stuff:

1) Prep for interview Monday and Tuesday night M: I forgot!!
2) Work on Powerpoint presentation; finished by Friday M: a little
3) Finish laundry M: no
4) Buy green things for the apartment M: no

Went a little higher than I expected to on cals yesterday, but that's ok -- I had forgotten that I ate an apple earlier in the day, so the apple put me over 1300, haha. I'll be over by an apple any day! My body is finally getting over the "super sore" phase I get whenever I start out the 30DS. For about 5 days my legs were really stiff, but now I'm starting to adjust, which is a good thing. It makes it easier to motivate myself! Got a lot of work to do today so I'll make this a brief update, but good luck to all!! Good starts to the week!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!
Last night was horrid for me... I don't eat after 7pm and my husband and children all decided to eat cake and ice cream! Ouch..that hurt. But I did NOT give in! I ran off to my room until all evidence of it was gone.. during that time, I was so confused! I was wondering if this is worth not being able to eat my favorite foods, but I know it will be! Plus once I get to my goal weight, I will feel more comfortable eating those things in moderation. I am proud of myself for not splurging, but MAN that was hard!!!

Quinn, I feel your pain!! But from your previous posts I can tell your just plain awesome and you'll get through this! I'm looking forward to an update from you!

mhibidon, I love the pic! I want your legs LOL. not to mention your confidence on the beach!

almeeker, oh the thought of shorts for summer, I feel ya there! I have a couple of cute sundresses just waiting for me! I know we can get into them together!

Mern, thanks for the encouraging words I feel very welcome here, and it's great to be around people who understand what I'm going through! I feel like I've finally found a place I can talk about all this without driving people nuts lol.

Well, talk to you all soon! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by xcurlygirlx; 06-07-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! Welcome to new friends hi to old ones! (not old in age well you know what I mean.) Mike, I hope your MRI goes well. Mhidon, great picture! Everyone is so ambitious; do not beat yourself up for the slip ups!

Physical
1) walking/gym 3x this week minimum: N
2) strrrrrretching : a bit
3) less calories ummm1840 or so
4) less sugar: N and the sugar I ate really messed up my sleep
5) cut it out with the dairy, at least cut down: y
6) drink water: eh 5-6 glasses
Other
1) worry less, trust more trying! DD has first boyfriend yikes
2) meditation yes
3) get back on writing schedule YES
4) Oh yes and Smile more bitch less; is that how that one goes? LOL YES
Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie: Thanks! I’m a huge beach fan. I call it my “Beach Therapy”

Wowgirl88: Welcome!

Melissah152: Those are some great goals to start out with!

Quinnesec: Every day is a new day. Maybe your body will think you’re zig-zagging?

Main80: Thanks! I’m really loving them! You should totally get some cute stickers for yourself!

Mern: Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I’ve had someone turn me down because I was “too thin” for them! Total “wtf, mate?” moment! Thanks for the compliments!~ I’ve gotten these legs through years of preferring to lift weights instead of run.

Almeeker: Thanks!~ You should take up surfing if you live near the ocean! It is like doing push ups and burpees while trying to balance. Only 1.2lbs until you’ve reached your 100 mark! You can do it!!

Taubele: Thanks! Don’t be jealous yet though- I haven’t been able to stand up! Haha

Xcurlygirlx: I’ve found that confidence is something that takes practice. I used to be really self conscious on the beach, but now I just strip down because if anyone has a problem with how I look then they can just look away, I’m there to have fun

Canary52: Thanks! I love your stretching goal!

Last edited by mhibdon; 06-07-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.