Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11

Old 05-30-2011, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

I'm here, believe it or not! Friday, Saturday and Sunday we took three separate day trips. Tried to do my best, but failed pretty miserably. Combine that with grad parties, Memorial Day events and my son's birthday tomorrow and I'm probably in a bit of trouble with the scale. Think I'll wait to weigh in until Friday so that I can correct some of the damage. Going to ease into proper eating tomorrow, although I know a little cake will be required to celebrate.

On a bright note, I did get plenty of hiking in each day. (Felt guilty for eating so poorly, I suppose.) Lots of exercise combined with lots of food equals... well, we'll see Friday!

Have LOTS of catching up to do! Hope you all had a safe and wonderful three day weekend!

Back To Discipline:
Food and Fitness

1200 calories/day with the exception of Tuesday. (Son's birthday)
Walk two miles per day minimum, weather permitting.
LOG EVERYTHING!
Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily

Personal Baggage:

Not too much in this area this week. Just want to get through the last few days of school and then, hopefully, life will slow to a more manageable pace.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, sorry I'm such a ditz. LOL I got down to "support group for just women" when all the threads pop up, but don't know what the hyperlink looks like. Can you put it a little simpler for me?

You sure I can do that myself and that it's not just something you can do as a moderator?
hyper is the link to the thread that you click on to open it. It's the link that says "7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/30/11". Hyperlink are usually in blue.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Mern,

I have a flaxseed question. Is there a difference in effectiveness between ground flaxseeds and flaxseed oil (capsules)? Health wise, I'm having good results with ground, but when I do my 1200 calorie "reduce" weeks, I have a hard time budgeting in the calories in the flaxseed with what I have to put it in. (Usually yogurt, steel cut oats, oatmeal, etc.) I know I won't get the fiber benefit, but I should get the full benefit of the flaxseed by using the oil, right?

I know some people sprinkle it on veggies, etc., but I seem to have to have it in something creamy. (Yogurt plus flax equals somewhere around 170 calories.)

Just wondering if you've ever tried the capsules?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check-in

Quinn, welcome back. I'm in the same boat, but that doesn't make it any better. I'm really astonished as to how off plan I've been, and it's definitely starting to show. I'll weigh in on Friday as well and we'll see what happens.

That being said, I did manage to keep it together today.

1. Limit calories to 1200* (average). 1184
2. Exercise in some form or fashion 7 times. Weights
3. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours daily. 6.5
5. Take all vitamins & supplements. Yes
6. 5 fruits & veggies per day. Yes
7. Journal; I've got to figure out why I keep slipping! Yes
8. Log everything. Yes

9. Work on the Mom Cave. Yes
10. Catch up billing. Not today
11. Begin organizing photos. Not today
12. Smile more, bitch less . I wish; bad mood all day

I squeezed in a cannoli tonight; I made some because I had to use up some fat free ricotta I had in the fridge. I make it with the FF ricotta and use a rolled pizzelle instead of a fried shell; it comes to about 160 calories. My macros were good today at 40-30-30; the only thing was that I didn't get in all my fiber, which I'm usually pretty good about. But I figured that eating a bowl of fiber cereal while everyone else was having cannoli was going to be a set up for failure .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-30-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Main80, between cookies, donuts and rice cakes I feel like I'm ready to take a nap. It's funny how carbs/sugar work, a little of it give you energy, too much makes you sleepy. I promised myself a blast today. I may get it shortly then cut carbs for the rest of the day. I'm not logging anything today, I can only imagine how bad it would look.
Hope you did take that nap, it reminds me of how my little niece reacts to her sugar highs, she just crashes and falls asleep.

Wish your rest of the day was effectively a blast.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, glad to hear you excedeed your weight loss goal and got to use the stickers! Surfing is one of the top things in my learn to do list! Is the water out?

Mern, two 15 minutes do amount to one 30min so you did complete the goal! Thank you for the wishes! You got me baffled with the sat fat in veggies! I do hope your doc says you can ignore those.

Almeeker, hope you enjoyed the holiday and are ready to kick the rest of the week!

Quinn, I am sure all that hiking will balance things out. Good luck this week!

Cassie, I am intrigued at what the Mom cave is. You had a great almost all blue day! Congrats!

Monday
1- Maintain a 1200 weekly average. 1281
2- Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes
3- Exercise 5 times during the week. Yes
4- Organize photos. Got some done
5- Finish the report. No

Last edited by MAIN80; 05-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Monday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1359
Calorie deficit 800 per day 1015
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.3
Track grams & % of calories from protein 110.6 or 34%
Track % of calories from saturated fat (10% target) 11%
Track mg. cholesterol (300mg. target) 340.6

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2

Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses NO
Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat & cholesterol listed. YES

Last edited by Mern; 05-31-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, welcome back. I'm in the same boat, but that doesn't make it any better. I'm really astonished as to how off plan I've been, and it's definitely starting to show. I'll weigh in on Friday as well and we'll see what happens.
Yep. I'm certainly not as disciplined as last summer. I've had my fun and now it's time to buckle down. We've had a very cold, rainy, windy Spring, which is no excuse, but it just seemed like I could eat more for some reason; maybe boredom. Warm weather is here (It was 73 at 7:45 this morning which is crazy for us) and now I'm probably up a solid 5-6 lbs.

I must feel really guilty because last night I had this strange dream that I woke up and I was back to my old weight. I actually saw myself in my big clothes and I almost woke up in tears. It shook me into the reality that I don't want to go back there again. Today, believe me, I have NO interest in eating anything!

Have to get moving early... have to try and find a birthday cake after a 3-day weekend. (My weakness ) I imagine the bakery shelves are going to be pretty bare!) We are suppose to have some pretty nasty storms later in the day, (large hail, damaging winds) so I want to get my errands done early.

Have a great day! Back to discipline for me.

quinn
Old 05-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Hope you did take that nap, it reminds me of how my little niece reacts to her sugar highs, she just crashes and falls asleep.

Wish your rest of the day was effectively a blast.
I needed the nap, I went home and was in pain. I selpt for about 2 hrs.

I ate so bad yesterday that I nearly got myself sick.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I ate so bad yesterday that I nearly got myself sick.
Been there, done that. You'd think we would learn, wouldn't you?

Today will be better for all of us. Let's buckle down and bring it, everybody!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.