Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see that you got in the 3rd workout. I was glad to be able to pull off the 17% with 2 cheat days. Well neither were as bad as my "usual" cheats.

Yeah the pink is for Mytsie. I thought that almeeker was saying that I should wear a shirt that said "tough enough to wear pink". Just setting the record straight.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: Mystie is beautiful! I think laying by the pool sounded like an excellent plan, I hope it was awesome! Great job on your goals as well!

almeeker: That totally isn't too shallow. I have to say that I get some pleasure from Facebook, and seeing girls that used to be smaller than me being about the same size as me now - the ones who used to call me fat in high school, you know the girls So if you're shallow I'm on the S.S. Shallow right there with you. Anything that's motivating is good!

Cassie: Man, I wish I lived closer too! I love trim and detail work like that (I'm no artist like almeeker, but I'll paint your widowsills any day!)

Sunday Final Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise M: -1,501 T: -359 W: -910 Th: -856 F: -409 Sat: -1,205 Sun: -1,854 (Week Total: -7,094)
2) Do not skip exercise two days in a row M: 45 minutes HIIT T: Day off W: roughly 45 mins lifting/machines (no cardio) Th: Day off F: Day off Sat: Walked 3 miles Sun: 55 minutes HIIT
3) At least 120 oz. of water daily M: yes T: no W: yes Th: yes F: yes Sat: no Sun: yes
4) Weekly carb average of 50% or less M: 41% T: 46% W: 47% Th: 54% F: 38% Sat: 44% Sun: 52% (Week Average: 46%)
5) Weekly protein average of 30% or more M: 32% T: 21% W: 20% Th: 25% F: 27% Sat: 25% Sun: 20% (Week Average: 24%)
6) Do not eat out more than twice for lunch and twice for dinner M: Lunch out T: Lunch AND dinner out W: No eating out Th: No eating out F: Lunch and Dinner out Sat: Dinner out Sun: No takeout (Total 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners)

Other Life Stuff
1) Research Memorial Day deals - buying our first washer/dryer this Memorial Day weekend!! M: N/A until the deals are out!! T: Narrowed down to likely candidates W: No further progress Th: No further progress F: Made all accounts ready Sat: Purchased!!! (And we found a $50 Sears gift card hiding in my wallet to make it even cheaper!) Sun: N/A
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: No T: yes, and got compliments all day W: yes, though brief Th: yes F: No Sat: yes Sun: yes
3) Journal or talk about my anxiety. Don't self-sabotage. M: Long convo with best friend, BF T: More talking with BF W: Journaled/talked Th: No anxiety F: Journaled Sat: No anxiety Sun: no anxiety
4) Read articles every day. Come up with summer research plan. M: No, but I did finish all edits to Book #2, so I kept my head in the science game all day. T: No W: Yes Th: yes F: yes Sat: No Sun: No

Final check-in! What sticks out to me is the protein. I really, really need to make a concerted effort on that. It tells me that I'm still not 100% at estimating the protein content of some foods. Usually, my more low-protein days are high-fat days, I've noticed. That's usually due to sauces or sides. I think that tells me: Less sides and more main dish, woman!

Also -- I managed to hit my 7,000 deficit after all!! Go me!

~Terri
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Glad to see that you got in the 3rd workout. I was glad to be able to pull off the 17% with 2 cheat days. Well neither were as bad as my "usual" cheats.

Yeah the pink is for Mytsie. I thought that almeeker was saying that I should wear a shirt that said "tough enough to wear pink". Just setting the record straight.
A lady I know has 2 sons, the phrase "ALL BOY" was meant for those two - believe me. At one point while out shopping she came across these pink T-shirts in the boys dept and since she had never been able to dress her boys in pink the shirts caught her eye. The shirts said "Tough enough to wear PINK", which the boys think is hilarious, so they wear them all the time. Now that they are stained and torn the shirts look rather masculine.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
A lady I know has 2 sons, the phrase "ALL BOY" was meant for those two - believe me. At one point while out shopping she came across these pink T-shirts in the boys dept and since she had never been able to dress her boys in pink the shirts caught her eye. The shirts said "Tough enough to wear PINK", which the boys think is hilarious, so they wear them all the time. Now that they are stained and torn the shirts look rather masculine.
that's funny!

Thanks Terri, Mytsie looks like her daddy.