Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I'm glad you got the all clear .

Mern, Mary, and Mike (that sounds like some sort of vocal trio from the 60's...) you all are doing great figuring out the process. Love the way you all think "out loud" on here; seems like it works.

almeeker, I blew my calorie budget to kingdom come yesterday. Today's been better. Not great, but anything was better than yesterday. Same old thing...let myself get too hungry because of being too busy; you'd think I would know better by now. Healthy stuff, again, but all high calorie, again...raisins, cashews, whole wheat crackers...the list goes on and on. I've been very stressed this week as well as emotional, so I'm sure that's part of it.

I painted the ceiling in my office today; I hate that job. My neck, shoulders, and arms are aching. I hope painting is a choice to put on my log, cause it sure felt like exertion. I'll do the trim tomorrow and the good news is that there will be only two rooms left to do before I can get new carpet; we've needed it for about four years now .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, if I don't think out loud the voices start to take over!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Well after having a bad day of eating carbs, carbs and more carbs. I decided to flip my pie chart upside down!

The Fatass to Badass thing that I was reading was saying that for weeks 1-2 I should keep to a ratio of 45p/40f/15c & 2100 cals on workout days and 50p/45f/5c & 1900 on non-workout days. I nailed it today! Well see tomorrow if I can pull off the 50/45/5 ratio. I'm guessing that if I doing cardio that is either intense or long (1hr+) I'll count is as a workout day... Thoughts on this?

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no, yes, yes, no way in hell, yep
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yep
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -883, +263, -521, -298, no clue, probably +1000 , -491
5) floss 7x no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
6) good/ productive work outs 6x sort of (yoga), no, no, no, no, yes
7) log food every day yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no, no, no, yes, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-21-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

thanks Mern! I didn't count that as one of my random acts of kindness though. I just figured that was part of my job, after all I did get a sale out of it. It's amazing how many people I talk to in similar situations that put up resistance. I scheduled another guy 2 weeks ago to come in. He has home with us (no active agent) and his auto elsewhere. I figured I'd give him a call, introduce myself and review his policy with him and his wife. We met at my office, I reviewed their entire homeowners policy, called the home office and they said that if he had his auto with us, his home would go down $750/yr. I quoted his cars and we were $800/yr cheaper than his current carrier. Total savings of $1550/yr! Slam dunk, right? Nope! They wanted to think about it. I called them back last week and they decided to keep there auto where it was. I can understand some people may not want to switch companies, but it's not like he wasn't already doing business with us, we had his home for years. For that much money I thought it was a no brainer, I guess it wasn't... or maybe it was.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

Mern, I will try to change it up soon and lets try harder next week, I will be travelling, but that might actually give me a better chance to workout.

Mike, I think intense cardio is a workout. Congrats on getting the ratio you wanted.

Cassie, painting does burn a lot of calories!

Saturday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1152
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No, No, No, No, my poor dog, No
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, Yes , No, Yes, Yes
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No, Yes , No, Done!
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No, No, No, half way there, DONE!
7. Clean two drawers. No, No, No, No, No, Yes
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes , Yes , No, No, No
Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

NOt too bad last night however a break even day. Off to a pot luck pool party today. Goal to swim off anything I eat! Mary
Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement. I usually think out loud when I know the answer for me will be from within myself when it involves a question about my own body profile/condition. I'm used to talking to myself anyway--DH is not a good listener except if the sound is coming from the TV or computer. LOL Ouchie, I know that is painful painting ceilings when you're not accustomed to using your neck, arm, and shoulder muscles that way. Ceilings need done in two more rooms also? New carpet in all three rooms? If the ceiling paint is "ceiling white" and in good condition, we sometimes just wash down the whole room but paint only the walls. Aw, that'll be so much fun getting new carpet. Any other new decor going in?

Mike, your food list looks really nutritious! I saw your exercise/macro ratio question but am very poorly informed on exercise--just know my doc approves of the small amount that I do. I know a married couple like your couple who turned down your offer to save them $1550 per year. My former neighbors had the same Internet Provider as I do and were paying a couple hundred dollars a month to their phone company in long distance call charges per month--over $2400 per year in long distance alone. I told them how great the digital phone service is with our mutual Internet provider, cheaper than what we were paying for local calls only when bundled with cable TV and Internet, FREE long distance, and we've had it for many years with no problems whatsoever. After discussing it between themselves but not with the ISP, their reply was "Well, we're comfortable with what we have." Go figure! LOL

Main80--If we exercise at least once more than this week, that'll be an improvement. Baby steps is often the way to go.

Mary, breaking even yesterday at the bar was great! Best wishes at the pot luck pool party. I hope there will be lots you can eat. Maybe if you feel inclined to indulge, you can at least keep it to a controlled cheat. I did that last week at a cookout where I had only a tablespoon of potato salad and two tablespoons of baked beans and my scale was still nice to me.

Last edited by Mern; 05-22-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Not logging my food today, but have been grazing on low carb/low fat foods like

--protein shake with flaxmeal
--homemade low carb vegetarian soup
--almonds
--lean roast beef with horseradish mustard wrapped around fresh spinach leaves
--one piece of sugar free chocolate
--fresh spinach with dressing made of nonfat orange yogurt and olive oil
--green tea
--the last diet cola in the house--I don't even miss it--would just as soon have a glass of unsweetened iced tea--over that addiction of one or two cans per day.

no cheats--sensible portions
Old 05-22-2011, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

Mern, I agree baby steps!

Mary, great you could call it even last night!

Sunday

1. Keep a 1200 calorie weekly average Average 1180
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes , Yes, Yes , Yes
3. Take the dog to walk 4 times. No, No, No, No, No, my poor dog, No, Yes!
4. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No, Yes , No, Yes, Yes , No
5. Find three ways to do my hair. One down, No, Yes , No, Done!
6. Sort out all the things I took out of the closet. No, No, No, No, half way there, DONE!
7. Clean two drawers. No, No, No, No, No, Yes
8. Keep a clean Inbox. Not bad, Yes , Yes , No, No, No, Ehh no.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Final #'s

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no, yes, yes, no way in hell, yes, yes
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -883, +263, -521, -298, no clue, probably +1000 , -491, -714 TOTAL = ~-1644
5) floss 7x no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
6) good/ productive work outs 6x sort of (yoga), no, no, no, no, yes, yes
7) log food every day yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no, no, no, yes, no, yes