Notices

Memorial Weekend challenge

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Memorial Weekend challenge

This could be a challenging weekend for some who have barbecues and family get togethers...so what will you do to stay on track this weekend?
Come and post your challenges and what will you do to stay on plan!
Have a good weekend everyone....
Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

I havnt done so well the first two challenges but am determined to end up this weekend with a loss!

- stay under 1500 calories and journal
- not stress eat
-get dh to go for a walk outside
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

This weekend will be a challenge for me because I actually have a 4-day weekend since my son's daycare is closed on Tuesday and I'm taking that day off as well. I have several things going on this weekend, so I've got to keep it in check! My goals are:
1. Stay within 1300-1600 calories on 3 of the 4 days.
2. Not to go over calories on Saturday when I am going to a friend's housewarming party.
3. To allow myself a few small indulgences (within reason) on Sunday when we are going to a pig roast potluck. Most likely I will spend alot of time running around after my son and that will keep me from eating too much!
4. Do something active and outdoors (beyond just taking my son outside to play) at least twice during the 4-day weekend.
5. Avoid eating out of boredom on Monday and Tuesday since I will be home those two days.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

1.Work out on Saturday morning no matter what! I must make myself get up and just do it!!!!
2. Allowance of only 3 beers or drinks total on Saturday night (or less) I'm going to a friends wedding and I know that restricting them entirely isn't a realistic option.
3. Go to the gym on Monday!!!!

It would be sooo awesome to stay on track this Memorial Day weekend!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Oh boy my very first challenge…

-I’m going to do my very best to stay under 1600 cal by being mindful of portion size no matter where I’m eating and making as many healthy choices as possible.

-I’m also going to work at keeping my activity level up and getting in my walks at least twice over the weekend. My boyfriend will be staying with me this weekend which is wonderful but he’s not the healthiest creature out there LOL! I’m going to try to make some healthy meals he’ll eat and get him involved in keeping my activity levels up

Good luck ladies and enjoy your weekends!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

I need to step it up! I'm on a short 4-day vacations visiting my family, and I ate so badly yesterday! 2500 calories and no exercise!!! I am so close to my 30lbs loss mark, and have plenty more to lose, so I'm getting right back on track today. I'm going to go kyaking as well, so that will burn a few calories. I need to figure out other exercises to do for the next few days and stick to eating better foods. It will be difficult tonight since I'll be cooking spanish chicken and rice tonight!

What does everyone else do on vacations???

So my goal for the next 4 days off:

stay 1500 cals or under
some form of exercise every day (kyaking today, tennis monday)
try to fit in as many fruits and veggies possible even though there are barely any at the house I'm staying at even after my small grocery shop!

Last edited by NessaSonic; 05-28-2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: to list goals. haha
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

How did everyone do?
Me? not bad...not good..just ok. Wasnt completely out of control but I overindulged in toast yesterday..comfort food. It rained all day so didnt get my walk in with dh either...
Heres to a good week!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

I think I did okay this weekend except for one day where I gave into fried food but I made it up with jogging on the beach yesterday.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

So, I have a double challenge this weekend as it is also my birthday... not only is there the normal "holiday fare", but also the birthday party food to contend with.

Saturday we went out to dinner for my birthday, and while I was fairly confident that I was "good" with my food choices (mostly veggies and low fat meats), I chose to make this a "cheat" day, and didn't even attempt to log the various foods we had at dinner (Chinese dim-sum and ala carte foods). My sweet daughter made a low-carb, low fat dessert in place of the cake... so all in all it could have been a lot worse.

Sunday was a neighborhood potluck at the pool... I never knew there were so many kinds of pasta salads (with oils, mayo, etc)!!! Out of over 50+ sides, there was only ONE regular salad (I could kiss the person who brought it)!!! So, dinner consisted of a huge plate of salad, a quarter pound burger with no bun, and a couple of tablespoons of tabouli salad. Overall, I kept the calories down.

Now, today is the family celebration... and my parents don't exactly respect my lower carb diet... so it should be interesting to see what my choices are. To be sure I have an option for food, I volunteered to bring the salad for dinner (with all sorts of good stuff). At least I am guaranteed a big plate of the leafy green stuff if all else fails.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

A year later but.....

Going to Disneyland Saturday night. We will see how this goes as I try and stay on track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.