Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,

I'm here... just a little overwhelmed with a "To Do" list that just wouldn't quit. I'll get my goals posted in the morning as I'm really in need of a hot shower and a comfy bed.

Just wanted to say "Happy Birthday" Mike! 40 was a great year for me and I'm hoping that it treats you just as well. Hope you did something special to mark the occasion!!!

See y'all in the morning!

quinn
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

thanks Quinn. I grilled me a big ole rib eye.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in...

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy). Yes
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su. 838
3. Exercise 7 times. Weights
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours a night. No
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum. 74
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc. Yes
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating. Yes

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday. Not yet
10. Pick a day hike for Friday. Not yet
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Not yet
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend.
Not yet

So far, so good. Working on getting back on track despite extreme family craziness. Hope you all are doing well. Mike, hope you enjoyed your day .
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning Everyone!

I had a pretty tough Monday and worked until pretty late so did not have a proper dinner. I am actually under my daily calorie budget because I got home so exhausted, I couldn't bring myself to prepare anything to eat so I had a snack but certainly didn't eat enough yesterday.

I hope you all had a great Monday and have an even better Tuesday!

Mike, I hope you had a great birthday! I saw the picture of your daughter that everyone is gushing over and now I see why. She's beautiful and looks just like her dad! I can tell how proud you are it's really sweet.

Mern, thanks so much for the advice and support. I am definitely feeling positive about learning how to improve my relationship with food. Also feeling pretty grateful for this forum!

Julia and Cassie thank you so much for the welcome! It feels good to be back.

Julia, I hope you get over that sunburn quickly (Aloe Vera gel works wonders for instant relief) and way to go on all that walking/jogging! I'm doing that this morning myself...

Almeeker, wow Mr. Screamy Pants sounds like a handful but your post made me laugh!

My goals for the week:

1. Eat between 1300-1500 calories per day: NO (1068)
2. Keep carbs at 35% max: YES 34%
3. Take my multivitamin: DONE!
4. Drink 10 glasses of water per day: DID IT!
5. Run 3X this week: 1 DOWN!
6. Circuit training 2X this week
7. Spin class 1X (or more) this week
8. Sleep 7 hours per night: YES
9. Log all my food daily: YES
10. Take a walk after dinner 3X or more: YES!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

You crack me up! How many calories are in a "spoon lick", by the way??? LOL
Old 05-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Cassie,

You crack me up! How many calories are in a "spoon lick", by the way??? LOL
Well, it depends on what's on the spoon, silly!

Unless you lick a plain spoon, but that would be dumb

Seriously, I read an article a while back about mistakes beginning cooks make. One was not tasting the food as you go along, so I've tried to be better about that. I'm not actually recording those in detail, but I do have a "5 calorie miscellaneous" entry that I use, so if I do some tasting, I throw one or two of those in the log.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Ok... Goals for the week... Let's see...

Well, I fell into bed last night hoping to get a regenerative sleep, but that didn't happen. We had really severe thunderstorms rip through in the middle of the night. So, I'm in bed thinking, "Is the moon roof closed?", "Did I leave anything outside?" After I wandered around the yard at 3am making sure, I climbed back into bed for a second time... until all of the smoke detectors started blaring due to a close lightning strike. False alarm; just some sort of power surge, or something. Then we lost power and apparently, some of the batteries must have been low, because a couple of the smoke detectors started "chirping". So, I had to start scrounging for batteries.... ughhhhhhh! Ever try changing batteries in smoke detectors at 3:30am, without power??? Flash lights, anyone? Then, we all over slept because the clocks were messed up.

So, wow. Am I TIRED! Thank God for spell check, 'cause this post would be illegible without it...

Anywhoo...

Welcome to all of the new people. I'm going to go back and see what I've missed as soon as my coffee kicks in.

As far as my weekend, I had the worst binge in probably a year and a half. And it didn't end Sunday but continued right into Monday. A good lesson that I am absolutely one of those people that CANNOT have bad food in the house and just walk right by! If it's here, it's in my mouth. So, goodbye bad food; I have nooooo willpower!!! No jumping on the scale this week... no way...

Food and Fitness:

*1200-1400 calories. NO EXCEPTIONS!
*Keep water bottle with me at all times.
*Clean, healthy food only!
*Have to make a bigger effort to walk, crummy weather or not.

Personal Baggage:

*Smile more; bitch less. (Top Priority!)
*Balance checkbook. (Why do I hate this so much???)
*Plan something fun for Saturday.
*Try to enjoy a little "down time" this week, as the next coming weeks are going to be really over scheduled and stressful.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Unless you lick a plain spoon, but that would be dumb
It's not dumb, it's genius! Now if I could get the urge to lick a plain spoon all the time, I would be much much thinner. Mmmmm, tastes like metal, with a hint of dishwasher soap. Um nope, still not feeling it.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Quinn,
Sorry to hear about your binge. I'm happy to hear you got rid of all of the unhealthy, temping foods in the house. Today is a fresh start. Hopefully you can walk, and eat good foods. Two days of binge eating won't determine your weight for long.

I had a good night last night, although I ate a box of animal crackers which I am certain put me over by 500 cals. Whateverrrrr, not the end of the world. I want to be able to make some unhealthy decisions and not go overboard by binging. This was a good start! haha.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Almeeker, wow Mr. Screamy Pants sounds like a handful but your post made me laugh!
I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it, all I got was an overwhelming urge to upend a bottle of grain alcohol. Mr. Screamy Pants is beyond a handful, he's more like "arm load", think gallon jug of pickles with an unpredictable live load.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.