Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I used to have heartburn everyday, but now I only have it when I go off plan for a couple of days. Apparently I'm "junk food" intolerant or something. So you would think I would be naturally thin because I should have an aversion such foods, but I don't. Anyway I'm back on the wagon this morning after a very hard fall from grace. The funny part was every time I put a bite of food in my mouth I was thinking "on Monday I'll be back on plan, same as always, so it's okay". In the past I would have been freaking out that I was completely out of control and that I had totally blown my diet so I might as well eat the world. So I feel like I'm making progress on my relationship with food, albeit very small baby step progress.
Oh boy do I ever relate to this, Almeeker! I also get heartburn and feel sick when I am off plan and yet I just spent a month being off plan and feeling sick pretty much every day. Why did I do it? Because I am an emotional eater and that is how I cope with stress which is what I really have to work on.

I did know that I would get back on track. I finally did freak out this weekend and realized that it was now or never for me, that I better get back on track before I wreaked any more damage on all the hard work I had done since January. I want to change my relationship with food too. I want to be able to go off plan for a day or better yet one meal, and then bounce back instead of letting that one day lead to another and another and so on.

Mern, thanks so much for the welcome!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I understand. I often consider myself to be poor but then I look at all that I have... a house, a car, a job (even though I may go months without making money), health insurance, etc. There are a lot of people out there that don't know where they are going to sleep tonight, don't have shoes, can't feed themselves or worse yet... their kids.

I've been through some rough times. Third quarter last year I went about as long as I could without making money and got so scared that I had to sell my mustang, just to buy food and pay bills. But you know what? I at least had a car to sell and had another one to drive. I may not have money for a gym, or money to buy the things that I want but I have what I need and many people don't have that!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Luckygirl, welcome back. Wishing you much happiness on your upcoming wedding. I do way better on my calorie and carb goals when I get in plenty of veggies. I'm adding that to my goals this week.

This week's goals:

Got a new Richard Simmons DVD in the mail this morning--have to get more limber and learn the new moves. Maybe once I learn the moves I'll like it better.

Calorie limit 1600
Carb less fiber limit 25g
Protein goal 120g (gotta work harder on that)
Veggies four servings per day

Limit 1 packet artificial sweetener per day
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy per day

Water 64 oz.

Exercise: 1/2 hour per day.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, Mike, you learned that lesson well: "I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes--until I met a man who had no feet." I do hope things start looking up for you soon moneywise, though, so you will be relieved of a lot of the stress. No harm in wishing as long as we appreciate what we've got--and you do. Big hug to ya.

Rose, at least you know you are not alone. All of us are here because of needing to change our relationship with food--and to incorporate exercise into our lives if we weren't doing that. Making myself log on even if I cheated badly encourages me to get back on the wagon the day after a bad cheat. Sometimes I haven't got the courage to log my food cheats, but at least I make myself own up to that and make a fresh start.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

NSFW b/c I drop a couple "F" bombs. YouTube - wooo whooo it's my birfday and I'm 40! P90X Update

well my # 10 is done.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

I have a few minutes to set some goals out now. Unfortunately yesterday was not a great day foodwise. I got discouraged by the scale and slipped into the old, "Well, eating well isn't working, so I'm just going to eat whatever" trap. Consequently, I'm also feeling a bit physically off today and I need to get my head straight before I do anymore damage. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong to make the scale keep creeping up even when I think I'm doing well with my choices.

Goals:

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy).
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su.
3. Exercise 7 times.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule.
5. Sleep 7 hours a night.
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum.
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc.
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating.

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday.
10. Pick a day hike for Friday.
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend.

I'm glad to see the regulars back and also glad to see Rose and Luckygirl resurface . Also, welcome to Rebel; you'll love it here.

Have a great Monday, everyone; let's start the week off strong!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

HAPPY BIRFDAY, MIKE!!!!

and woohoo on the 40 pushups. You rock, man!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

My goal this week is to make sure I exercise atleast 5 days week burning 300 calories. I have been able to loose one pound last week and I am hoping I can do 1.5 pounds this week. Secondly, I need to increase my water intake. Currently, I am drinking about 5 glasses of water. I would like to increase to 8 cups of water a day.

Starting weight- 154 pounds
Current weight- 146 pounds
Goal weight- 135 pounds by (June 30th 2011)

Last edited by myrasalman; 05-09-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday, MIKE!!! I hope you have a great day in LA!

I have to read the end of last week's thread as I feel I have missed a bunch!

I had a fantastic weekend with friends and the weather was perfect. I also ate a lot! Friday night I ate a hamburger, hot dog (no bun), raw cookie dough and had 5 glasses of wine. Saturday we had a grilled cheese bar set up and I had asiago with prosciutto, yumM! we went to a local vineyard and did wine tasting and Saturday night we had a clam/lobster bake at this other girl's house. I was so disgustingly full that I felt sick. Like Almeeker and Rose, you would think I wouldn't want to make myself feel sick, but I do it all too often!

Sunday morning I had cookies and waffles for breakfast. Both days I walked/jogged about 5 miles and didn't wear sun protection so I got burned.

This weekend was so much fun that I am just trying to focus on that. Yes, I would have liked to not feel like chubber on Sat night-today, but I am trying to not let my fat hold me back from being happy and having fun in life!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, welcome back!!

Goals for the week:
-Don't track calories, just write down foods I am eating
-Try to use intuitive eating and flexible restraint to stay on track
-Exercise everyday (walking/running) for atleast 3 miles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.