Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/9/11

Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

Trying to get the hang of this reporting bit.

Terri, I have just been jumping around from one thing to another without really getting anything done :S I do need to focus on starting something and seeing it through

1. Exercise 6 days: N, N Y, Y, N,
2. Keep calories under 1200: Y, Y, Y,Y, N (close 1279),
3. Drink 3 liters of water: Y,Y, N, N, Y,
4. Clean my inbox: N ,N ,N N, Getting there
5. Clean the closet: N, N, N, N, Guess what I will do over the weekend

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Rebel, actually scheduling in your lunch making is a great idea. I low carb to manage my pre-diabetes blood sugar in the hope I'll never develop full-blown type II diabetes. I use Mission brand low carb tortillas at 7 carbs each and the past several weeks I've taken to eating a whole portion of sandwich filling on just HALF a tortilla. I really don't miss that half tortilla, but it depends what your sandwich filling is as to whether that would work.

Cassie, 1520 calories isn't bad, especially since you allow yourself 1400 on Fridays. Actually that's darned good for including a soda, frozen yogurt w/ chocolate syrup and a G2. What's a G2? Plus with exercise in the AM and PM, plus shopping you probably made up for that little ol' 120 extra calories. 7 Hour sleep! Wow, that's unusual for you! Great you finally got that much in one night!

Main80, the daily reporting is a chore for me, BUT when I don't do it, I tend to stray. Looks like you're doing quite well except that you're not getting 6 days exercise in just like I'm not. But I don't have an excuse--just don't always make myself do it.

I have a cookout to go to tomorrow and had planned to just chuck it and cheat after the hostess told me there will be hardly anything low carb besides deviled eggs and hamburgers. (Her late husband was diabetic, so she no longer does low carb) But then I had second thoughts and told her I'll bring a veggie tray with dips and bleu cheese dressing which is low carb. And she suggested that I use store-bought sugar free glaze in the fresh strawberry pie I'm making because she used it before, didn't tell anyone, and everyone thought it tasted great. I just looked at the label and the SF glaze is only 1 carb per tablespoon and I just won't eat the crust. So I've got a full low carb meal planned and no excuses left.

Friday report:
Calorie limit 1600 1398, 1384, 1298 1828, 1618--well, it was ALMOST a green number. LOL
Calorie deficit 1037 1298,1312, 1181 651, 1078
Carb less fiber limit 25g 16.5, 13.7, 19.5 32.7, 19.2
Protein goal 110g 148.5, 108.2 110.5 102.8, 100.7
Veggies four servings per day YES YES NO YES NO

Limit 1 packet artificial sweetener per day 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy per day 0, 1, 1, 2, 2

Water 64 oz. YES YES NO, NO YES

Exercise: 1/2 hour per day YES YES NO, NO YES

Last edited by Mern; 05-14-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Mern, sounds like you have a great plan and I hope you enjoy it! You'll probably enjoy it more not having the feeling that comes along with going off the plan, too...good compromise on your part! You're right, 1520 isn't bad...but it is about what I burn in a day total, and I was hoping for a little less taken in since I'm in damage control mode this week. Hopefully the exercise gave me a little bump. At the very least, I didn't go overboard and undo the rest of the week's work, so I'm thankful for that.

Good thinking on your trade-offs, Rebel. That's what it's about: figuring out what's worth it and what's not.

Main, I've gotta clean a closet, too. Been putting it off long enough .

I'm having a hard time staying on track today. I was able to avoid all the tasty samples at the farmer's market (oh, geez, the baked goods!) but suddenly I want to eat everything in sight, and we just finished dinner! I guess I better get busy and get my mind off of it.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Terri!!! Congrats on your book! I found it on Amazon How awesome are you?!

Mike...if you're checking in, how's it going? Your weather there is kind of wild; are you doing okay with the flooding? Hope all is well.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, quiet this weekend! Hope everyone is doing well.

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy). Yes, Yes (except for a G2 during my match), Yes, Yes, No-had a G2 on the trail, a soda at dinner, and frozen yog w/chocolate syrup tonight, Yes
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su. 838, 1200 exactly, 1195, 1309, 1520, 1367
3. Exercise 7 times. Weights, Cardio tennis AM & match in PM, Nope-double yesterday, Jogged the (hilly) neighborhood, Hiked in AM & weights in PM, No-doubled up yesterday
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No-no calcium, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours a night. No, No, Not even close, No, Yes!, No
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum. 74, 92, 84, still going, 66, 68
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes, Best I could (out to eat), Yes, Yes
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating. Yes, Some, No, a little, Yes, Some

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday. Yes
10. Pick a day hike for Friday. Yes
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Sure did!
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend. Not yet

Sorry, Mern, forgot to answer you before. A G2 is the "light" version of Gatorade..."low calories electrolyte replacement beverage" or some such.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri!!! Congrats on your book! I found it on Amazon How awesome are you?!

Mike...if you're checking in, how's it going? Your weather there is kind of wild; are you doing okay with the flooding? Hope all is well.
I went to Florida for the weekend. There was no flooding back home though. They opened another spillway to save New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

I was stuck on the beach looking at the dunes and staring at the crystal clear Gulf of Mexico... poor me.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

Cassie, hope you enjoyed the weekend, seems you did stay on track after all, even with all the market temptations.

MERN, it is a task I have to get used to for sure. I do need to work on that exercise goal! Hope you had a good time at the cookout, that dressing sounded really good.

Nice picture Mike!

1. Exercise 6 days: N, N Y, Y, N,Y, N
2. Keep calories under 1200: Y, Y, Y,Y, N (close 1279), N (1365), Y,
3. Drink 3 liters of water: Y,Y, N, N, Y, N,N. This extra liter was not as easy as I thought.
4. Clean my inbox: N ,N ,N N, Getting there, Ugh, I will call it a half achieved one.
5. Clean the closet: N, N, N, N, Guess what I will do over the weekend, N,N Does getting most of it out but not really sorting it count?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

MAIN, yes, it counts! Gold star! I agree, upping the water significantly is not easy. You'll get used to it soon.

Mike, great picture. You have quite a talent!

Wrapping up the weekend:

1. Eat clean (fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, reduced fat dairy). Yes, Yes (except for a G2 during my match), Yes, Yes, No-had a G2 on the trail, a soda at dinner, and frozen yog w/chocolate syrup tonight, Yes, Nope, spoiled by a ginger ale and some whole grain goldfish crackers
2. Stick to 1200 calories M-W; 1400 max T-F; 1300 Sa-Su. 838, 1200 exactly, 1195, 1309, 1520, 1367, 1303
3. Exercise 7 times. Weights, Cardio tennis AM & match in PM, Nope-double yesterday, Jogged the (hilly) neighborhood, Hiked in AM & weights in PM, No-doubled up yesterday, Treadmill
4. Take all vitamins and supplements on schedule. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No-no calcium, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours a night. No, No, Not even close, No, Yes!, No, No
6. Drink 64 oz. of water, minimum. 74, 92, 84, still going, 66, 68, 68
7. Log absolutely everything, even gum, cough drops, spoon licks, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes, Best I could (out to eat), Yes, Yes
8. Use journal to note reasons for eating. Yes, Some, No, a little, Yes, Some, No, too busy today

9. Research restaurants and plan into food log for Thursday and Friday. Yes
10. Pick a day hike for Friday. Yes
11. Indulge myself in non-food ways Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Sure did!
12. Paint trim in the boy's room this weekend. Yes, plus cleaned & purged my half of the closet and cleaned out under the master bath sinks

It was a pretty successful week, so I rewarded myself with some new downloads tonight; hopefully they'll motivate me the next time I exercise.

The boy is home and exhausted, but with lots of happy memories. I enjoyed my alone time, I enjoyed my time with my husband, but I missed my little guy a bunch!

Monday through Wednesday are going to be grueling this coming week, but I'm thankful for work, I'll check in as much as I can. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-15-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

thanks Main80 and Cassie.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I went to Florida for the weekend. There was no flooding back home though. They opened another spillway to save New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

I was stuck on the beach looking at the dunes and staring at the crystal clear Gulf of Mexico... poor me.
Oh that's so beautiful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.