Notices

crystal light?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default crystal light?

does anyone use crystal light is it really good for u??
Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

I doubt that by any stretch of the imagination is it "good for u;" I think the bigger question is, "Is it bad for you?"

I suppose if you can't get water down any other way, it has its benefits, but you and only you can decide if making the trade off of the artificial flavorings and chemical sweeteners is worth it. For some it is; for some it isn't.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Like anything with artificial sweetener it isn't supposed to be good for you, I though choose to ignore those warnings as I am a sweet lover and if it wasn't for artificial sweeteners in pop, in my tea and coffee, etc I would be piling regular sugar into my body and would weigh a whole lot more than I do now, and weight loss would have been impossible. I also use splenda in any baking I do and I have managed to come up with some amazing sugar free and fat free recipes (for fat free I use apple sauce as a substitute for oil) I love to bake and find this is the only way I can eat what I bake without feeling guilty.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I use a little Crystal Light (or the store brand knock off) when I just can't face another bottle of water, or I'm struggling to find the energy to drink any more. Which truthfully isn't all that often, I happen to like water most of the time.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I don't do this anymore but I used to add Crystal Light to unflavored non-fat yogurt. I think the result was pretty good. I agree that without artificial sweeteners, there would be a much narrower range of foods to choose from.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I really like the stuff. An icy glass on a warm day...
Old 05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

I have been drinking crystal light since I was a kid and it was always "healthier" than kool-aid. As far as using it in dieting it is a much healthier alternative to soda pop and other sugary drinks but access amounts are not good for you. If you are using those little packets then I wouldn't drink more than 2 a day.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

For what its worth, the Propell flavoring does not have the artificial sweetners in it, it is packed with vitamins and tastes pretty good - at least I think so lol. My favorite flavor is the lemonade. There is also something new out now called Mio. Again no calories and no artifical sweetners, at least I am pretty sure on that. The Strawberry Kiwi is really good.

Everyone has to decide for themselves about the artificial sweetners but I was a diet pepsi addict. Could and did drink a case a day. No calories but I managed to gain 100lbs. So for me I tend to believe the studies that suggest the artifical sweetners contribute to weight gain. I did live in denial for many many years though. At this point, I figure if I gave up diet pepsi (my favorite thing in the world) because of the artificial sweetners, I am not going to cheapen that decision by still consuming the sweetners in a different manner. But again, that is just me lol
Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default depends on your definition of artificial...

... but Propel uses sucralose (Splenda) as the sweetener.

I am particularly partial to peach propel
Old 05-27-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I like the taste of it sometime but think of the chemicals. I try to avoid it. I believe and try to eat fresh and natural food as possible.
Sometimes I tired of my water. I make my own fruit flavoring water by adding strawberries, orange, mint, cucumber, lime (your favorite stuff). It taste very good to me.
Or I make some ice tea (no sweet).
THose help me get through without chemicals.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.