Notices

Exercising with large chest?

Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Exercising with large chest?

What are the best workouts for someone with large breasts? I'm currently a size H. Hoping to become a smaller cup size as the weight peels off..

Jogging only makes my chest hurt, and any jumping exercise also results in pain..

Please help..
Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

A really good sports bra! Worth the money!

Welcome to FitDay!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

I feel for you girl, I am a runner (or was til foot surgeries) and I used to wear my best supportive bra with a sports bra overtop then a spandex workout top. What you need to do as you are losing weight, and yes they should get smaller as you are doing so, is work on the muscle behind your chest, you should be able to find plenty of good ones on line. Also if you have access to a rowing machine its a great pec workout as well as working out the rest of you. Good Luck and keep us informed of how you are doing.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to second the "get a good sports bra" advice. I was on the verge of size F when I started out, now I'm down to somewhere between D-E. To work out I wear my regular bra, which is an underwire affair and then I put a jug smashing sports bra on top of that. The ones I like best are from Hanes and Rebok, the fabric is quite thick and they have a Y shape in the back. I intentionally buy my sports bras a size small, so that I get more smash out of them. Anyway, on exercise you might try something low impact like walking (outside or inside with a DVD), the elliptical, biking or swimming. I'm also a big fan of step aerobics DVD's and I quite like Just Dance II on the Wii. Oh and any sort of ab workout on the floor is much harder for us girls with extra blessings on the top, so crunches and sit-ups are also quite awesome.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Good advice on the Sports Bras - well worth the expense. When I started out someone suggested checking out the ones designed for horseback riding, I didn't do so, finding Champion to be adequate, but you might want to check on that. I did wear two bras at once, which helps a lot.

If you look at the Champion catalog, don't consider anything less than maximum "MCR" (Motion control resistance).

My old buddies Thumper (on the left) and Bouncy (on the right) were long an obstacle to fitness, in fact, I think one of the reasons I so hated and avoided gym in high school and college is no one talked to me about good bras - they change my work out enormously!

They do wear out, replace when Thumper and Bouncy come back!

Abby
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to echo the "wearing two bras" mantra - I wear an underwire and then a sports bra on top. I started out as a DD, though since my weight loss I'm probably just a D now, as I'm noticing the girls don't quite fill out the bras I had anymore, and I'll need to buy new ones soon.

A good sports bra does wonders, and I do most of my hard cardio on the elliptical, which doesn't make the girls jiggle too much. I'll also echo the "strengthening pecs" that others have said - anything that works out your chest muscles is a plus. Swimming is also fantastic, and the girls add extra drag, so you're getting more bang for your buck!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, thanks everyone! It's so nice having someone to talk to about such matters!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
My old buddies Thumper (on the left) and Bouncy (on the right) were long an obstacle to fitness, in fact, I think one of the reasons I so hated and avoided gym in high school and college is no one talked to me about good bras - they change my work out enormously!

They do wear out, replace when Thumper and Bouncy come back!

Abby
ROFLOL, I thought I was the only one that named the girls!!! I call mine Chocolate and Vanilla LOL.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

ROTFL and I thought the names of mine were strange. I call them Laverne and Shirly because they are the best of friends but often like to go their own way (especially when running)
Old 05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I wonder how many of the men are checking this thread hoping for pictures -

re naming yours vanilla and chocolate - I took a course in college in which I learned that kangaroos lactate two very different kinds of milk at a time (because the joeys are far apart developmentally), my professor called them "chocolate and vanillla".

OK, back to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.