Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, far better track than wrestling. The year my oldest nephy took up wrestling, SIL took up crocheting and we all got afghans for Christmas, every last one of us. She still swears that her butt has a flat spot on it from all the time she spent on the bleachers.

Cassie & quinn you're far better women than I. At the end of the day I'm D-O-N-E, and I'm not doing one more thing for anybody, not even myself. Although I do clean before we leave for the weekend or on a trip, I hate to come home to a messy house. I also usually get my housework done first thing in the morning as soon as the kiddos are off to school, otherwise it doesn't happen. So by the end of the day, some of it has most certainly been undone.

Lindsey, pooh on those people, their loss. We all know that often these things have political manifestations tied into the selection process. I would just take that frustration and turn it around into positive energy and show them who's boss. When I was a Sophomore in college I had a professor that told me I would never get admitted to the architecture program because I have dyslexia and I'm a woman. Which only served to make me spitting mad and helped me focus all my energies into proving that idiot wrong. Well not only did I get myself admitted, I was given a scholarship that paid for about a third of my grad school education, then I graduated with a 3.75 gpa and I passed my registration exam the first time through. Take that Mr. Stupid Professor.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Muna, I was thinking yesterday that we should all celebrate what we are good at. Sometimes our job may seem trivial but think about home many science teaches made an impact on students that turn to the medical profession and end up saving lives. The impact of what we do goes beyond what we see.

almeeker, I haven't see that movie but I know of it. I don't think I'd look good in anything red and tight. The last time I tried that the girl at Victoria's Secret gave me a dirty look. I kid, I kid... it wasn't a dirty look.

quinn, I'm glad to hear that the prom dress worked out! I can understand that the claims process can be difficult. I think adjusters try to hard to help the company and not the client.

Terri, Thanks. It really made my day to be able to go above and beyond for him. Congrats on getting into that dress.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

1. Start each day with yoga and 10 minute Carb Killer workout (Love netflix!!!).
2. Water, water and more water....3 liters a day!
3. Work up to 20 minutes on eliptical machine by end of week.
4. Increase treadmill speed to 4mph with at least 5% incline for 30 minutes.
5. Make it to at least one fitness class during the week.
6. Focus less on weight and more on the inches being lost.
7. Keep the house clean--with two kids under 5 and less than a 1k sq ft, it's a battle.....
8. Stay caught up on laundry.
9. Be more patient.
10. Take ten minutes of personal quiet time every single day.
11. Work on eliminating negative people in my life.
12. End the day with yoga.

I am so happy I found this site! Getting on here and having a sense of accountability is a big help.

Mike--While I don't know you, what you are doing for that client is amazing! It goes above and beyond in the game of life

Terri-- I am 29 and have arthritis in my spine btwn my shoulder blades (genetics and 8 yrs of EMS) and doing yoga has been the best thing ever. If you have netflix, there are a lot of yoga videos available for instant viewing

Cassie--I try to pick up at night like quinnesec mentioned; I just get all the toys up and kind of pull it together. That way in the morning, everything is ready for the vacuum and the mop.

As for me....I managed to get up to 15 minutes on the elliptical, although I skipped the treadmill afterwards. My legs were jello and images of me flying off the treadmill kept running through my head lol I started and ended my day the way I wanted, got my quiet time (even if it was in the sauna at the gym), drank my water, kept the house clean, conquered Mount Clothesmore (which is already ready to be conquered again), and am working on patience and eliminating negativity.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
almeeker, I haven't see that movie but I know of it. I don't think I'd look good in anything red and tight. The last time I tried that the girl at Victoria's Secret gave me a dirty look. I kid, I kid... it wasn't a dirty look.
Don't you mean, "it wasn't a dirty look ", LOL.

You should watch "The Incredibles", it's very funny and I think given your profession, you might find it especially so. There is a scene where Bob Parr takes things into his own hand, and does what all of us have wanted to do to one boss or another, because he's getting in trouble for helping a client like you did yesterday. Although I have to admit my favorite part of the entire movie isn't the movie, it's the short film that follows called "Jack Jack Attacks". I've seen it maybe 1,000 times and I still laugh like a hyena through the whole of it.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
although i have to admit my favorite part of the entire movie isn't the movie, it's the short film that follows called "jack jack attacks". I've seen it maybe 1,000 times and i still laugh like a hyena through the whole of it.
totally!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kayvery007
conquered Mount Clothesmore (which is already ready to be conquered again), and am working on patience and eliminating negativity.
LOL, I always call that huge pile of dirty laundry Mt. Washmore, glad to see I'm not alone in that feeling. Although I will say that last week when the basement flooded it would have been much deeper if the pile of dirty laundry hadn't absorbed so much of it. Ugh. The only thing worse than a huge pile of dirty laundry is a huge pile of sopping wet dripping dirty laundry.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

A flooded basement is the pits! With kids, I don't think the laundry or dirty dishes ever ends....ever....

I got so fed up a few weeks ago, I got out garbage bags and just started putting clothes in them....and took like half a dozen bags to Goodwill. Then next day I realized that my fever pitch, I gave away all but three of my own shirts lol
Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Sucky start this week.

Monday report:
Calorie limit 1600 1527
Calorie restriction at least 1037 952
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 30.4-over by a low carb flaxmeal muffin and NM peanut butter
Protein target 120g 106.5

Really watch the sodium this week NO
Limit one artificial sweetener packet per day 0
Limit one piece sugar free candy per day 2

64 oz. water YES

1/2 hour exercise NO

Stock up on low carb veggies DONE
Look for some new low carb veggie blends or recipes DID BOTH
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

No worries, Mern...you were close! Good job on the green goals and good luck today with the others. You're doing great
Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

This is gonna be another short one, as I've finished Day 11 and eaten my little spanish-type omelette, but the computer's next to the kitchen (we don't have a dining room any more, it's more like a computer/video room) and I can smell a load of stuff I really don't want to eat - at least that's what I'm telling myself - so I need to tear myself away before I cave.

Sounds like everyone's doing somewhat better this week, I just hope it continues that way and that I can count myself into that when I recover from the exhaustion, sleep deprivation and resulting junk-food cravings.

Quinn,
Glad you got the dress done, it sounds beautiful and I bet it got a load of admiring glances. As far as birds go, you're better off getting young chickens (not necessarily chicks, they need special foods, heating if they're really young, etc etc) than getting, say, quails or similar. If a chicken escapes, it's easier to catch, and you can handle them more than you can quails, which disappear into large mouseholes and are like little feathered balls of lightning. A young chicken is fairly easy to "humanise", Aki's taken to running to meet me at the back door if the flock is out for their "playtime" with my dad and brother. Obviously you'd get 2 or more, but 2 is plenty to start with.

Almeeker,
I hear you on the Mr Stupid Professor, good on you for proving him wrong.

Mike,
What you're doing for that random client is fantastic, I wish other people could see their way to doing things like that now and then. I don't know if your company deals internationally, but if they do, I know who to call when I have to spare income to pay for life insurance!

Emily,
These ladies, and of course Mike, are the best when it comes to advice and motivation, I lurked here for months before I ever posted but it was still helpful.

OK, my willpower is about 2 minutes away from crumbling, so I'm off upstairs to watch The Blind Side, or possibly Sherlock Holmes, with a big bottle of water and a high-fibre cereal bar, and I'll catch up with everyone later...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.