Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, yeah, this is a goal thread...I need some goals.

1. Calories 250 deficient per day (adjust after weigh-in on Wed. if necessary).
2. Balance macros, fiber, and ratio of good:bad fats.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
4. Drink at least two big blue bottles of water daily.

5. Pay attention to posture.
6. Smile more, bitch less (it's contagious ).
7. Be more diligent about skin care (sunscreen, yes, but there's more I should be doing).
8. Straighten and put things away before bed. (I hate waking up to a disheveled house, but it gets so crazy in the afternoons and evenings. If I can do this, I will be in a much better mood in the mornings!).
9. Do shade garden by end of weekend.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-02-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Almeeker, thanks for starting us off. Hope you are settling in after your crazy Saturday.
Not really, oldest DD has another performance this week. Different thing altogether, and her part is very small, she's playing Wee Williamina Winky. Only one small problem, I have to make her a costume. I picked up the fabric this morning, it's kelly green and I have to make it into a nightshirt and sleep cap by tomorrow night's dress rehearsal. Which of course I haven't started because she kept me so stinking busy last week with the other thing. This theater mom business is brutal, soccer mom is much easier all I have to do with that is feed 'em, water 'em, find and wash all the bits for the uniforms and deliver 'em on time for games and practices.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
I went away for the weekend for my a family reunion on my dad's side. I haven't read the end of last week's thread but I will do that next!

I took a break from tracking food for Sat and Sunday bc I felt like my brain/body needed it. I let myself eat whatever I wanted but tried to never get too full and I made sure to eat fruits and veggies too. I also exercised both days. I'm sure I was over cals for Saturday but I'm okay with it bc I know how to make it all even out.

Terri, great job on your success during lunch!!!!!!

Goals for the week:
-Track everything
-Exercise daily, even though not every day needs to be "hard"
-Strive to make healthy choices
-When tempted to binge try and stop for 5 minutes and think, or write down, what I really want--just a small taste, maybe? What can I do to move past the temptation, or to just learn how to work with it better?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike, I just wanted to thank you for those gorgeous photos of NOLA! Can't wait to go back again and when I do I will be sure to let you know! Going down there after Katrina/Rita was such a moving and frightening experience...I'll never forget some of the people I spoke to and hearing their stories of where they were during and after the storm. I'm in a hydrology lab and some things that others do in the lab relates to the 100 year storm events and what not...it's quite frightening knowing the high likelihood of storms hitting areas where we have so many people, such a great culture, and all of the economic aspects of the fisheries/oil&gas in the gulf.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Emily, welcome! Wow, you are really doing great on your weight loss! You know what you're doing! Congratulations!

Terri, way to go on getting that scale moving. Congrats on your new low! So sorry 'bout your back--feel better soon! Best wishes on your food today.

Almeeker, happy kindergarten assessing with DD. Another milestone in your life... But, oh dear, another costume to make. Take time to breathe!

Quinn, best wishes with your meal and life plates. I always found it quite annoying when school stuff was at dinner time, too.

Lindsey, welcome back. Well, at least you got some feedback, even though you think it's a crock of... Kickboxing sounds like a good idea. LOL

Mary, hi--glad to see you back here. Yes, you did great on your January-May loss. Congrats on that!

Cassie, so sorry your trip to Savannah was cancelled. But you have so nice activities and some great ME time planned.

Julia. sometimes those change-ups are good to keep the body guessing. It might get your scale moving faster when you get back down to more strict eating.

Jjeand, golly, you are one busy mom, too! Try to get some RELAXING ME time in that to do list!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

This week's goals:

Calorie limit 1600
Calorie restriction at least 1037
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Protein target 120g

Really watch the sodium this week
Limit one artificial sweetener packet per day
Limit one piece sugar free candy per day

64 oz. water

1/2 hour exercise

Stock up on low carb veggies
Look for some new low carb veggie blends or recipes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
After months of slacking off and not doing things properly- resulting in 1 stone of weight back on (that is so hard to admit) im back to basics and determined to reach goal.
Although im not happy with the gain im not going to get don about it and im just going to focus on what i know is needed for me to feel better again.

1st week goals are
# I will take advantage of the warm weather and walk as much as possible
# I will discipline portion sizes
# I will drink more water
# I will try and recognise hunger/satisfaction levels
# I will not eat family leftovers
# I will not eat out of boredom/stress
# I will stay positive
# I will have 1200-1400 cals a day-although i am new to calorie counting and not sure yet how many is right for me. Ive lost all my weight previously with weightwatchers!

Tomorrow is my sons 8th birthday and we are having a small family tea party at my parents (just 2mins away) an i am going to prepare a healthy pasta salad for when we get home for my main meal. This should help me stay clear of birthday cake and other bad foods. As the weather is going to be nice i think i should stay in the garden where the food isnt staring me right in the face!!

Tracey
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

This is gonna be another SERIOUSLY aggravating week...
I worked 9 days in a row, serously messed up shifts, earlies, lates and no routine whatsoever, so today I knew I had refused to work...
And someone put me on the rota anyway, along with another person who had also not agreed to work, so after my long early shift yesterday, I then had a late shift today at 3 hrs notice. So rather stress and heading for the Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur very shortly.

My goals will remain as they were last week, but maybe this week I'll actually hit one or two.

Anyhow, it's almost midnight, I've been up since 6am, and EVERYTHING aches, so I'll catch up with everyone in the morning. Bedtime for me now... and the Bailey's is coming with...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,600 by my fingernails.
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 62 min (total 1:02)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -762 (total -977)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (43c/30p),
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y
7. Grain free 3 days. Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Make DD a costume for Thursday's performance. Started
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N
10. Call my doctor's office and work out the prescription problem. N
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement.
13. Finish weeding/mulching at least 2 of the flower beds. N
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, Mother's Day not doing a darned thing I don't want to.

I've had a fairly decent day goal wise, haven't gotten my phone calls done, but I did think about it, maybe tomorrow. Hopefully the elliptical parts I ordered last week will arrive tomorrow, the FedEx slip is on the door and I've signed it. DD's costume is coming along, thank heavens it's not a complicated pattern, 6 pieces total and that's including the mob cap. I've talked her out of buttons and collars, so it's pretty straight forward. The color I think will work well with stage lighting, and she loves it. I'm less sure, but this isn't about me. Oh, and get this today we found out the theme for next year's National History Day and she's all ants in her pants to get started on it. OY! Motherhood and all it's glory.

Tomorrow is my easy day, down to one child from 8:00am - 3:30pm, although the easy part ends at 4:00 when Girl Scout starts. Mr. Screamy Pants is sick so I didn't have him today, and he isn't scheduled to arrive again until Thursday. It's almost like being on vacation.

Looks like many of us are going to have some rough days ahead, which means it's time for a plan. I always love that quote from Ramsay, "Nobody ever plans to fail, they just fail to plan". So that's what I'm trying to do, plan even if it's just a little, sometimes that's enough.

Well I gotta go, eldest DD rode her bike to soccer practice, and I'm going to bike down and fetch her back. She's 9 and maybe it's okay for her to bike places like that alone, but then again maybe it's not.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-02-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Hi Mike, I just wanted to thank you for those gorgeous photos of NOLA! Can't wait to go back again and when I do I will be sure to let you know! Going down there after Katrina/Rita was such a moving and frightening experience...I'll never forget some of the people I spoke to and hearing their stories of where they were during and after the storm. I'm in a hydrology lab and some things that others do in the lab relates to the 100 year storm events and what not...it's quite frightening knowing the high likelihood of storms hitting areas where we have so many people, such a great culture, and all of the economic aspects of the fisheries/oil&gas in the gulf.
No problem Julia, I'm glad you enjoyed them and thanks again!

Well it's been a busy and productive day for me today!

Health & Fitness
1) Gal. of water a day
2) workout 6 days
3) 1000+ cals deficient for the week
4) eat clean
5) only 1 cheat meal

Non Health and Fitness
6) do Business drop-ins 1x
7) make money
8) do 3 random acts of kindness

I already did 1 random act of kindness today and it felt great. I was in my N.O. office and I got a random phone call from a guy wanting to buy life insurance on himself, more for his dad and he said his brother needed some as well. He said that he wanted to go with my company (BTW I don't own my own insurance company, I just say "my company" b/c I don't want to put the company's name out there) b/c when his mother died, my company took good care of them. Then my brain went to work (yes, I took my adderall) and this is how the rest of the conversation went:

me: I'm sorry to hear about your mom passing away.
him: thanks, everyone has been so compassionate.
me: when did she pass away?
him: soon after Katrina.
me: oh, okay. What's her name?
him: [he told me her name]
me: [I started typing to see if I could find her policy but couldn't access it w/o the policy number]Do you know her policy number?
him: yeah [gives me the policy number], but we already had the death claim paid.
me: if you don't mind me asking... how did she pass away?
him: she had an infection that ended up killing her.
me: [my brain is working overdrive and I punch in the policy number] I see that she had an additional $25k of accidental death coverage.
him: she died of natural causes.
me: Really? What caused the infection?
him: she had knee replacement surgery.
me: Really? Why did she have the surgery? [I'm starting to know exactly where this conversation is going, b/c people don't usually just want to have knee replacement surgery]
him: [pauses as if I'm being a little nosy] She fell getting out of the shower and broke her leg and the doctor said that she needed the knee replacement surgery.
me: So let me get this straight... she fell getting out of the shower and broke her leg and the doctor said that she needed the knee replacement surgery. Had the surgery which led to her getting an infection, which ended up taking her life. Does that sound right?
him: yeah
me: Well it sounds to me that if it weren't for the accident, she wouldn't have lost her life, and that my friend is what the extra $25k for accidental death covers!

So I called the home office and started the process. He is in the process of gathering the records from the doctors office and it's safe to say that his random phone call and getting the right person on the phone that wasn't just trying to sell him a product but dig deeper and actually help his family out could have just netted him $25k.

So of you may remember me saying that I'm not a pushy insurance salesman but I focus on helping people. Today was an example of that. The best thing is that they aren't even clients of mine.

BTW The death certificate says Natural Causes. Watch me work my magic. Stay tuned!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-02-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.