Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 4/25/11

Old 05-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

mern, I've taking in over 200g of protein every day that I logged this week and Monday was 264g! That's just too day difficult. Crap, I need to get off of here. bye
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,521, 1,514, 2,561, 1,569, 2,054, 2,230
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y, N, N
3. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 60 min, 60min, 60 min, 0 min, 30 min (total 3:30)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -503, -959, +266, -838, +217, +210 (total -1,607)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (55c/28p), (50c/30p), (53c/19p)(45c/24p), (55c/17p), (35c/21p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Grain free 3 days. M-YES, T-YES, W-NO, T-YES, F-NO, S-NO

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get DD ready for State finals on Saturday. Y, N, Y, Y, N, IT'S OVER!!!!
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N, N, N, But I did make an appointment to get the oil changed and the tires rotated, and will likely make the body shop appointment at that time. NO, NO
10. Call my doctor's office and work out the prescription problem. N, N, N, N, N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. NO,YES & NO, NO, YES, YES, YES (although it was a near thing)
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N, N, N, N Hopefully on Sunday.
13. Order more parts for the money pit, um I mean elliptical. N, N, YES!!!
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroomlaundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, State Finals, gone all day
Sunday, basement, cupboard, laundry

My oldest DD had her State Finals for National History Day yesterday. Now you don't know her, but she's a rather unusual child. She has something of a photographic memory, which is a very good thing because she has the attention span of a gnat (no offense intended for gnats mind you). I'm the opposite, I'm one to keep my head down and work through, right up until the last second, and working like that helps to keep my nerves from completely taking over. Well on Friday night she decided that instead of one last round of rehearsal she wanted to sleep-over at my parents house, which of course means they will all go to bed late and maybe not sleep too well. Also this puts my mother in the hot seat for having her to our house at 7:30am in order to leave on-time for the competition (bad plan all the way 'round). Mom is great, but she's not a morning person and she's rarely on time. So it goes down just like that. The DD's stayed up way too late, got up late and were late to our house, we arrived at the competition with only about 15 minutes left to register. After which I find out they haven't eaten breakfast !!! So we go down to the snack bar and I get them all Clif bars. Then the competition started and we were able to watch one of the older girls from our school district and one of the other competitors in DD's division. Then we had to get her ready. It's a process! Her costume has 6 pieces (button's everywhere) not including socks and shoes, her hair has to be put up so it fits under the bonnet, 2 tables with bunting, a hand blown glass ink well and pen set, plus fliers and a petition, and the space where she's performing is maybe 1/2 the size of where she's been practicing. And in the middle of all the prep, a cup of hot cocoa gets spilled on the bunting OY! But DD pulls it off without a hitch and answers all the questions at the end like she's a political campaign manager. Seriously the judges went on and on about her poise and decorum. How she manages is anybody's guess, I sat through the whole thing shaking like a leaf, signing "louder", "slower", "make eye contact", "smile" the entire time. Good grief she's turned me into a STAGE MOM !

After she finished we stayed for the next performance, because typical off DD, she's made good friends with her competition and wants to be supportive (man I love that kid). Immediately following we have to strip her out of the 1,800's get-up and throw her into a soccer uniform (I do believe Elizabeth Cady Stanton would have LOVED that), DD literally had to go straight from the history competition to a soccer game. The soccer game didn't go well, but the Grape 8 are a bunch of tough chicks - with game and aim. After the game we head back to the competition for the awards ceremony.

The awards are read off in reverse order so when they start to announce her division the 3rd place winner is from.... OUR SCHOOL. And DD is fist pumping - but it's not her, it's one of her best buds. And the 2nd place winner is from.... OUR SCHOOL!!! And it's DD!!! She's totally pumped and races to the front for her ribbon, gets her picture taken with some Michigan History Big Wig wearing her NHD t-shirt hastily pulled over her soccer uniform, and her lovely bun from earlier is completely wind blown and sporting grass and mud. All in all a very good day. Now all she can talk about is what she's going to do for next year's competition. OY!!! Oh Dear Lord, save me!

Last night the kids stayed with my parents again, because this is also the weekend of the local Maple Syrup Festival. And DH and I celebrated, we went out and got drunk at the local pub, and then came home and had some wild monkey um, cardio....

Last edited by almeeker; 05-01-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
And I agree with you on the RI accent - it's like a mash of Boston and redneck, it's really bizarre. I can always tell when someone is from RI.
That RI accent sounds just a bit like the Upper Peninsula here in Michigan, which I think has some Nordic/Danish history? Around here we call that a "Yooper" accent and if it's really really thick we call it a "Super Yooper".

Last edited by almeeker; 05-01-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern, It's a catch 22 with the adderall. It kills my appetite so when I make a dumb goal like eat 2100-2400 cals/ day I find myself skipping the adderall so I can eat more. Then my brain spins in circles and I never get my tasks done, such as a work out. Just like now.... 3 mins ago, I got off the phone, took my workout off pause, swore i was going to get back to it and here i am 3 mins later.
Adderall kills your appetite? Holy crap no wonder everybody is always telling me I should be taking it. Oh look a chicken...

I don't know how you get so much protein in, I'm forever struggling to get to 100 grams.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Terri, a mulligan would probably do me some good.
What is a mulligan?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Anyone else having trouble posting a reply? Seems like FitDay is working fine for me except that when I try to post a reply, I either get a message that says Internet Explorer can't display the webpage or I hit Submit Reply and it just hangs and never appears as a post. It most often takes me several tries to get a reply posted.
I've had the same trouble. I'm wondering if it's a high use thing? I noticed today that everything was fine and then all of a sudden at 12:01 it got really sluggish and it stayed that way until about 12:31 and now it's better.

I too am in awe of the folks that can do that P90X thing. A friend of mine started doing it with her son, about 3 days into it she quit and he's still going strong, he's getting married the end of May. They now have several pieces of workout equipment in their living room and bar bells incrementally lined up against the wall.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-01-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I remember distinctly going from being called "Miss" to being called "Ma'am". It was the day I started a new job and stopped at the grocery store on my way home wearing a suit. Strange part is I've been called "Ma'am" ever since. During the royal wedding one of the commentators said that officially Catherine will be called "Ma'am" or "Her Royal Highness" now that she's married to the prince, so I say just go with it.

Cassie, how's the foot?

jjeand, those numbers look very good. We all knew you were awesome, but now you have written proof.

Mern, I hear you on Monday's weigh in. I haven't had enough water the last 2 days, which is always gives me water gain. And I contributed to the dehydration issue last night by drinking waaaayyy too much beer. Even today I'm struggling to get the water down. I've never tried egg yolk with soy sauce, I'll have to give that a go.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Oh, we always say "chocolate jimmies"--the word chocolate always is in there, but we just say "sprinkles" for the multi-colored ones. "Charlies"--that's a good one. LOL

You know those little twist ties that come on bread and some produce? We call those "squigglies." We politely call flatulance gas passing "smell eggs" because one time when my daughter was three a lady in KMart let off a really sickening one and my daughter said quite loudly, "I smell eggs!!! LOL
ROFLOL!!! Smell eggs!!! Ha. You might seriously enjoy the company of our 4 year old DD. She is forever saying, "Did you make a stinky? I smell a stinky." She also giggles and makes an announcement if she's the guilty party. I keep trying to get her to say "excuse me". But she much prefers the announcement, "HA HA, I MADE A STINKY, YOU GOTTA SMELL IT!"
Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I find FitDay rather addictive all by itself. I understand now that Adderall and your diet and fitness goals don't always jive. I hope you can find a way to sync the two. How in the world do you fit in all that protein--is it mostly supplements?

I'll bet Almeeker's "Wild Monkey Cardio" would be as effective as P90X.

Almeeker, I don't know how you do all you do with your children! That's quite a busy day between the competition and soccer game. Congrats to both you on DD on earning second place! Way to go! "Oh look a chicken..." You crack me up! LOL Thanks for your reply about problems with posting--glad to know it's not my computer. I, too, figured it might be a high use/peak time problem. Oh, sorry you've got the water retention thing going, too. I seem to get in more water if I drink it as unsweetened iced green tea. I might just skip Monday's weigh-in and wait until Wednesday or even Friday to hit the scale again. LOL on your four year old daughter's stinkies. She sounds like my 7 year old grandson--he enjoys stunning people with his aroma at times. LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Not sure about amazing, but thanks I'm trying to keep my spirits up in the midst of the scale not budging - we'll see what it says on Monday, and I'm due to take my measurements next week too. That will probably help! ONE number or the other is bound to go down!

The cooking attempt on Thursday was for beef stroganoff - I messed up the sauce a little bit (I think too much sour cream) and it came out quite flavorless, though the consistency was good. We ended up putting some parmesean cheese on it (because cheese helps everything!) to help with the blandness, but I'll fix it next time! Tonight I'm going to try a cilantro-lime rice recipe, with some black beans and spicy chicken for burritos (though I will just eat mine in a bowl). I've been scared of rice, because it tends to trigger carb cravings in me, but I do need to get over the fear a little bit. I'm also going to try making a corn salsa. BF hates tomato-based salsas, and I found one with a corn base that looks interesting. Perhaps not quite as healthy as tomatoes, but if I can make something I know we both like that's relatively healthy, I'll definitely take it! It's almost like a mini Chipotle-style meal, haha!

Also, hahahaha, I smell eggs! I love it!

Mike: Monday can be Mulligan-day! Hugs for you!

almeeker: STAGE MOM!!!! I had a stage dad, but he describes it exactly as you did. Sounds like DD nailed it despite all of the hullabaloo, I'm sure you're very very proud! Monkey-cardio is excellent cardio! Congratulations! Also, a "mulligan" is a golf turn, it means basically a "do-over" I learned it because I used to be a crazy putt-putt obsessed kid and one day when I made a really bad shot into the water, I apparently started crying and wailing and my dad just kept shouting "Mulligan!!! MULLIGAN!" until I finally listened and he explained. I'll never forget that word! It sounds way better than "do-over" anyway! "Ma'am" started for me maybe a year and a half ago? I think when I actually started to REALLY pack on weight due to stress, now that I think about it. Huh. I wonder if that will change!

Last edited by taubele; 05-01-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.