Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Lightbulb 100 lb club

I am interested in discussing the physical, social, mental and emotional aspects of moving towards letting go of 100 lbs or more. It's a huge change. It's scary and needed if I am to live a long life.

This extra weight is flaring up my fibromyalgia and making it painful to walk. I am border-line diabetic and come from a long line of diabetics. It's life or death. I choose life! Would like to hold hands with others who are committed to this goal. It's not about over-eating...I am insulin resistant and can not process any grains/sugar. Atkins is what works best for me, and I would appreciate any support.

Blessings,

Mobile Yogi
MobileYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EcoVeggieMaMa Send a message via Skype™ to EcoVeggieMaMa

Hi!
I started my 100 pound weight loss on December 1st. I have so far lost 20, but I know that is the big easy bit in the beginning.

I gained mine when I was doing IVF and then put on bed rest for my entire pregnancy. The hormones I was injecting along with inactivity destroyed my body and afterward my spirit when I saw what had happened to my body. I have no regrets. I have a lovely son and adore him very much, but it has been hard at at times I have felt hopeless.

I am not sure what happened, but something inside me said enough and I am very focused and committed to being healthy for him. I am also looking for support.

I am not into any diets, so I am afraid I can't help much in that department. I am more into going back to the lifestyle I had before I married my husband who loves to eat, and not necessarily the best things for our bodies.

I have changed the way I do things by eating better quality foods and making sure I have lots of activity. I also have thyroid issues and PCOS. Things that are not making this easy, but I am determined.

I am a 45 year old vegetarian, striving to be vegan again. I like to take from all sorts of methods to find a good balance.

Peace & Blessings,

Jo
EcoVeggieMaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Smile 100 pound club

It has to come off very slowly in order to keep it off. I have been on Fit Day since June and have only lost 17 pounds. Christmas sure sabotaged me. But I am back on the wagon. I love FitDay. I now think about what I'll have to enter on FitDay if I eat too much.

I am older and somewhat disabled from fibromyalgia so it's coming off very very slowly. I have gotten discouraged but I've gone down a size and that has motivated me to keep trying.

I get extremely little exercise but as long as I eat 1,300 to 1,500 calories (because I burn 1,900 just by breathing and going about my daily ordinary activities) then that's 400 calories less a day which SHOULD translate to a 1 lb a week loss but is averaging out to .33 lb a week loss.

I'm glad there is this forum to support each other.
barbkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Smile I'm in too!

Today is my first day. 100 + for me, I have not figured out just how I plan to do this, so its nice to know there are others out there as well. I figure if I can quit smoking after 25 years for my health I can lose the pounds for my health as well. Look forward to having friends as I go.
Suzie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default 100 pounds +

Hi, I also would like to join you in losing 100 + pounds! Having asthma and sleep apnea is such a pain ! Of course all the other junk that comes along with being over weight... the aches and pains .. worrying about .. will I fit in that chair.. can I fly ... what will I wear ? getting off the couch gracefully ! I hate all of those things. I want to be comfortable in my skin. Even if I don't lose 100 + pounds.. as long as I keep moving in the right direction sounds wonderful to me. Hope we can all give each other encouragement to keep going to a healthier new way of eating and living.
Caraleina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. Mind if I join you? I found Fitday several years ago. I use it religiously and take some weight off. I even took off 100+ one year, but then I stop signing in, I didn't watch what I ate by recording my food, and the weight piled back on. I will be 40 this year and I have to resolve myself to the fact that I need to take the weight off, and keep it off.

Would any of you like to sign on about once or twice a week just to provide some support to one another? My husband says he wants to lose weight, too. 15 pounds?!?!? It's just not the same. I thought that if we could just stop by, see how things are going, it might keep us on track.

Thanks and I hope we can all help each other.
pidosmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Hi ladies....

I would love to join this club! Im a really shy person but once I get to know people i wont stop talking lol.
gemini2321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default 100 lb club

Is this the only way to chat.. posts ? I wish there was a chat room option.
Hope all you ladies are doing well ! So far so good for me... I did lose a couple pounds since starting. Amazing how good a few little pounds could feel when they come off... I want more off ! Now I need to get my butt on the treadmill. How are the rest of you doing ? My Name is Laurie... Good luck today !
Caraleina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies! I also would like to join! I have spent the majority of my life overweight. I have lost the same 100lbs at least 5 times! I am 39 years old, very soon to be 40. Atkins also works best for me. I began Atkins religiously in June 2006 and lost 125lbs by November of 2008. I was down to 150lbs but then due to marital issues I drowned my sorrows in food again and here I am back where I started!!!! It was my resolution this year to accomplish the following: get back on Atkins, be more disciplined in work (I work from home), and generally find a balance that works for ME. I began Atkins again on January 1st and so far have lost 20lbs which I know is primarily water weight. I retain alot of water but the good news is that Atkins is a natural diuretic. I am new to Fitday but I have to say that so far I LOVE IT! I like seeing exactly what I eat and being able to see how many carbs I have taken in at a glance. Support is so important and I am looking forward to getting to know you all and together we can change our lives.
Lgrant3393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
FitDay Member

MobileYogi - I also wanted to give you this link to low carb recipes - this site is wonderful and the recipes are terrific.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
Lgrant3393 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opw