Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default welcome disujo

Congratulations! 10+ lbs is a great start and 3 weeks is more than I've put into this (I'm on 3 days). I'm also hoping having weightloss budies will help keep me motivated so I would love to correspond with you.

It's good you do have an indoor option for days when the weather is crummy. I'm just look at Wii Fit as another alternative to keep moving. I haven't done any exercise at all for ages (until 2 days ago) and I'm hoping if I have a ton of options it will help me keep it up. I guess it's like keeping foods and recipes handy that fit with your diet/eating plan so you can make choosing well as effortless as possible.

Keep up the good work!

Belle
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Belle...I would love to correspond with you. [email protected] is my email...feel free to email me. We had a potluck at work today for St. Patrick's day - I didn't keep track of what i ate - so I'm making today my free day. I tried not to pig out too much - but it's just hard to calculate when you take a little of everything.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wii fit lover too

Hi all

I too love my Wii fit plus, I customised a yoga and activity routine and use that to start- warm-up and then I usually do either the band leader or free step. It gets me motivated and love the yoga because I sit at work all day- really look forward to the streaching.

It' really a great idea to think of this journey as a lifestyle change- I love that answer instead of "I'm on a diet" . I usually say that I made a new years resolution to get healthy when people ask about my weight loss or food choices.

Have a great day
Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Afternoon everyone,,,
Im typing this in a word program so if I lose it..I still have it and can copy and paste.
Welcome to all the new people this week. It makes me smile coming here and seeing so many new faces.
Wendy,,havn’t seen you in a few days?? How are things coming along?
Welcome Newself...gardening?? love it! In my old house I had a greenhouse and two ponds...my new place is a rental and have to stick to pots unfortunatly. I sure miss my old house in the summertime. I may have to pick your brains once in awhile..I always have trouble growing tomatoes. Check out that pool..and if its a little pricey..remember you are worth it!!
Desertmountain when you find a product you like..please let me know., Ive been looking at them recently and havnt got a clue which one to buy...preferably, ,,,something like a miracle in a bottle?? Would be great!! Haha
Speedyfair..I love your attitude towards getting things done!! Your right it may take us a little longer to do something but thats not the point ,,,getting it done is the point,,,,that applies to our weight loss as well. Hope your having a better week!! Way to go on the pound lost this week!!
Almeeker hurrayyyy on losing those pants...(literally) and getting off the rack clothes. Thats one of my goals! I eat egg while omlettes all the time...Ive gotten used to eating them without the yolks and with no toast...low carbing here...if your craving one try all whites. Its amazing how many you can have for little calories. Love stuffing mine with veggies and low fat cheeses too. Last week it was a greek omlette with spinach, tomatoes and low fat feta..yummm

Disujo...you and I have the same journey to take. I started at 307 as well. Keep uo the great work!! You are doing it!!

I would like to get a Wii but I know I would spend more time playing games on it then actually exercising. I think Ill stick to my ymca ...
The scales has been up and down a pound the last two days...I think I know whats going on..a symptom of south beach is constipation..and I had to buy some benefiber yesterday..lets just say it works!! haha...I SHOULD see a loss tomorrow.

Have a good St Patricks day everyone,,,,

Last edited by pattialbert; 03-17-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default post dinner party belle

i'm back to report the dinner party was not as scary as i was afraid it could be and the scale read 266 this morning (i know it may still show up later, but i'm glad for what i got).

i did what i planned, i ate salad and i took the smallest steak and didn't finish it and took all the breading off one side and i only had part of the thinnest slice of fried plantain and no appetizers or dessert. no one pushed too hard to get me to eat anything i didn't want and nobody said anything about the breading, my one friend just helped himself to it without even asking (we're a casual bunch).

now i just need to be ready for happy hour at chili's tonight! i figure i'll stick to one rum & diet and salad without croutons or dressing again and i'll be fine.

thanks for the moral support and advice and best of luck to everybody with their goals!

thanks again, belle
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Great Job Belle....keep up the good work! Eating out is always the hardest for me!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks

thanks disujo

i'm off to chili's...happy hour here i come!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Congrats on getting thru the dinner party and have fun tonight. Parties for me used to be about the food, now I enjoy the company of friends and family. I also did the low-carb diet for a while and it helps to offer to take a dish you can eat. Very smart! I always offered to bring deviled eggs to a picnic, or a veggie tray that I can snack on.

Here's to a great Friday and looking forward to the weekend.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Evening everyone
Cant wait for friday ...
Bellekiss congrats on getting thru that dinner...heres to Chili's tonight!!! Go with a plan and stick to it!!

today I walked the track and really really didn't feel like it , but I talked myself into going...and of course felt better after I did. Tomorrow should show me down a few more pounds this week. Im going to add one fruit to my plan on sunday...thinking blueberries. They are sooo good for you. Dr Oz eats them everyday. As for the grains...I will add one slowly..but want to see how my body reacts to the fruit first...if I start to crave sugar again I will change things up. I do love steel cut oats or old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast so that will probably be my first grains. It seems funny after all these years to think of limiting my fruits and grains....my brain wants to tell me different, but , my body (scale) is telling me different. There were some days I could eat 3 bananas trying to *fill* myself up, not realizing how much sugar is in them..no wonder I would be so hungry a little while later. I promised myself I will NOT obsess about food though..(and looking back at my post I think I may have a tough time with this one) I like Speedyfairs thoughts on enjoying
friendship and socializing instead of focussing on food. I can apply that to my every day struggles...

Waving hi to everyone passing thru today.....have a great on plan weekend!!!! then come here and tell us what you did.

Last edited by pattialbert; 03-18-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

I got on the scale yesterday - and down to 285!! That's a total of 17 pounds lost since Feb. 25th! I'm feeling pretty good today! Weekends are always hard - but I have to keep in check and just make better choices!! Have a great weekend everybody!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.