Notices

100 lb club

Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Morning you guys.
Welcome Livefit ,,,the only thing that stops me from eating salty foods is to just not buy them...I swear they call my name from the cupboards..
Diane..post here whatever you want,,,,sometimes just writing down how you feel helps to get thru this struggle. I wont judge you , we are here to support. Reading yoru post I had the thought of *fake it till you make it* sometimes that applies to me...
going out for dinner tonight...dh and I celebrate our anniversary today. Planning on baked salmon...no extras. Have to pass on aquafit tonight though,,,thats ok...will still walk today.
have a great day today everyone....
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Anniversary, Pattie!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Anniversay !

I too enjoy reading everyone's posts and just knowing that I'm not the only one that struggles helps me make it through. Knowing I can log on instead of sitting in front of the TV eating has been a great help. I appreciate all of you opening up and sharing your lives. Some weeks it seems like every pound is a fight and it makes me think I'll never get there. Thanks so much for your support and suggestions, it makes me want to stay in the fight.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for the wishes ladies...
Was down one pound this week...was hoping for more (but thats nothing new)
Speedyfair...it does seem like we will never get there dosnt it. Looking at the big picture is very discouraging. Right now Im looking at takingit 10 pounds at a time...my february goal is to get into the 280's..and then the next decade the next month..etc. Im off all next week and that is a HUGE challenge for me...I need to keep only fruits/veggies etc in my house. Sitting around and doing nothing gets me bored and thenI get into trouble. Ive got a plan to keep on walking and maybe even getting in more swimming since I have time and I havnt touched my stained glass for a month now and will look into a new project to start. Im also starting a list of little things to do as well..thats the plan now to JUST DO IT!

have a great weekend everyone....
Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New one here....

Hey ladies!
Been logging in my foods on FitDay since early January but just discovered these boards. Thought I would join the group.
I am 41 years old, mom of 4 boys, wife to a cop, run a home day care and am on lots of school boards and try to see as many friends as time allows. I am over 150 pounds over weight although I am incredibly active with my life...barely sit but haven't done on purpose excercise in years and I have eaten terribly for years. It saddens me that I can't ski anymore or jump off bridges in the summer with my kids. I have created an obsticle for myself and that is infuriating to me.
I have started with a nutrtionist and lost 25 pounds in the first 5 weeks of eating breakfast, fruits and veggies, 4 times a day and stopping eating at 6pm for the first time in my life! It is a well balanced eating display but with portion control and she pushes me to promise to eat breakfast which I never have and that in itself has been my toughest life change. I did loose alot of weight on Atkins once before and once I started eating again it all came back on and some more.
I wish you all luck and support on your journies and I am looking forward to getting some ideas and tips from your experinces.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default One day at a time

Thanks, knowing I can post here really helps me focus and the feedback is terrific. I really appreciate all the support. Breaking it down into smaller manageable chunks will help. I was on Atkins as well for over two years and had lost over 70 lbs, but gained it all back plus. It was just something I couldn't maintain my entire life and when I started to eat carbs again the weight came back on. Now I'm trying to find a plan that I can sustain the rest of my life and is healthy and nutritional for me. I don't like exercise too much, but bought a Wii for xmas and have found that I really like Yoga actually look forward to that after sitting at work all day. Also incorporate some walking and step aerobics. I was 271 today, want to get below the 270's so bad - so using that as my motivator. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello

Last year I started at 235 pounds--at 5'2" my circumference was bigger than my height in inches. I lost 50 pounds with South Beach and P90, but sustained a bad shoulder injury (hurt myself several time with P90) and stopped exercising, then gave up South Beach over the holidays. I've gained 20 pounds back and went back to being a couch 'tater. Lots of guilt and self loathing...argh!!

I am in week 2 of re-starting my program and am feeling very optimistic about the lifestyle changes. This time I'm not doing P90 since I'm afraid of injuring myself again as I had to really push myself just to do the modified exercises. Not sure what I'm going to do other than walk and try to move more. At my age and size I have all the 'normal' stuff...knees, lower back, etc. Any suggestions on exercise?

My goal is to get down to 150 by the end of this year (a 55 pound weight loss) then take the rest off in 2011 for a total of a 100 to 130 pound weight loss. It's been 35 years since I've been at a normal-for-my-height weight, so I'm not sure what that will be, but my optimum weight used to be around 110. I'll be happy just to get into and STAY in that 'normal' range.

Thanks for sharing your journey here. I felt so at home reading your posts that I wanted to join your group.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Everyone

Had a good weekend and finally got down below 270 today- was so happy. Last week was so hard, seeing that goal and not being able to get there and then this morning I was at 268 !!! I'm sure I didn't lose three lbs in one day, but it felt good to see that number on the scale. Thanks for all the encouragement. Really motivated me.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Evening everyone
I had made a post yesterday but it wouldnt stick...lost it,.
Welcome Regan and Desertmountain! Glad you found this forum..
Speedyfair....you made your little goal!! Im inspired..Im trying to get into the 280s myself..a little mini goal i had for february. Almost there..
Desertmountain I like Taichi..its very good for the joints. I also go to an aquafit twice a week..(aerobics in the water) and just plain old walking at the track at the ymca , 3 miles about 4-5 times a week. All of them work for me..low impact. I need that..too hard on my knees.
Regan good going on the 25 pound loss this year so far...you are a busy busy lady.
Just watchign the olympics here so Im going to take off....
talk to you all tomorrow~ have a great day tomorrow@@
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Question

Hi everyone- just checking in

Went out tonight and had two glasses of wine, this is the first alcohol I have had since I began so I'm anxious to see how it effects me. I'm always hungry after I drink and am worried I'll be hungry and tempted to eat later and have already had my quota of calories for the day. Does anyone else have a similar experience ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.