Notices

100 lb club

Old 01-10-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default ugh......

So it was a bit of a rough weekend and I fell back into some emotional eating habits and by the gods am I paying for it today. My poor tummy is so mad at me. I believe I will be picking up some Pepto at the grocery store this evening when we go shopping. Let this teach me a lesson about eating junk as a reaction to my stresses. I don't need to feel guilty, my body is giving me enough of a guilt trip on its own!

I've been thinking about maybe trying to find like a ten bean soup mix at my local Food Lion. I saw an awesome looking one at Trader Joe's when I was there with a friend, but until my temp agency comes through with an assignment for me, we're not shopping anywhere "fancy". In case you've got one near you, they have an awesome tomato soup that comes in a box, like the ones used for chicken broth. It comes in both regular and low sodium. Its ready made, so you just have to pour out a portion and heat it up. I like going to the grocery store and finding new things to try, it gets me motivated for the week to come.

Now all I need to do is cruise the on demand channel and see what excerise videos they have to offer. I really liked the little snippet of the Biggest Loser CardioMax they had on, even if Bob destroyed my legs! I'm going to have to break down and buy it when I'm working again. Then again, I've said once I have money coming in I'm going to join the all women's gym down the street. I used to go there in high school, and its a great place, on top of having a resonable monthly fee, unlike some of the other places around here.

Well, ladies, enjoy your Sunday nights, good luck to you all and have a wonderful start to your week! I'll be in touch!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dbrinkley80
Now all I need to do is cruise the on demand channel and see what excerise videos they have to offer. I really liked the little snippet of the Biggest Loser CardioMax they had on, even if Bob destroyed my legs! I'm going to have to break down and buy it when I'm working again.....
They have Jillian Michaels Boost Your Metabolism. It kicked my butt yesterday! But I felt so good all day afterward.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm Kristina. I'm 24 and have always been heavy. I actually lost weight when I had my kids, but 3 years of being a stay-at-home mommy and wife has taken it's toll. Taking care of everyone else had put me in the backseat until I woke up and realized that I'd hit a lifetime high of 290. I've been on FitDay for a week now, and I love the support. Overall, I need to lose at least 150 pounds. I'm trying to just take it one day at a time, though. Watching my calories and nutrition and I've started working out again. I do love Exercise On Demand! I'm down 5 pounds from when I started last week, and that is so motivating! I would like to find a sort of accountability buddy. Someone to push me and encourage me. My husband doesn't get it. He tries... but his idea of being supportive is to go buy me a box of Slimfast bars and pick himself up two packages of cookies and a six-pack of Snapple Sweet Tea in the process.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by krstnabean
My husband doesn't get it. He tries... but his idea of being supportive is to go buy me a box of Slimfast bars and pick himself up two packages of cookies and a six-pack of Snapple Sweet Tea in the process.
That made me laugh. Cause I understand. My boyfriend has a serious Mt. Dew habit. It makes our shopping cart at the grocery store interesting, because we have a hojillion bottles of soda, then all these fruits and veggies. It always amuses me to wonder if the cashiers realize its the skinny one buying all the junk, or if they just assume its me. Life's little ironies. Anyway, I have a long way to go, as well, the same about 150 pounds, and I'm definitely here to give all the support you need, I'd love to see all of us be success stories. By no means am I formally educated in all this stuff, but I've done a lot of reading and research, and I'm also following the calories and nutrition method, so we can bounce ideas and what not off of each other. Good luck to you, and we're all here for you!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome, all

I've not been here for a few days and I am glad to see that I am not the only one who would like to take the weight off. However, the reason I've not been here is because I felt bad. See, I'm a school teacher. I was all ready to start anew when we returned from Christmas break. Well... THen the snow came, and came, and came... We had one day of school all last week due to the weather, so I sat at home, and ate, no exercise, and ate some more. Needless to say, I felt terribly guilty. But it's a new week, and I am back on the wagon. Walked at school, up and down the stairs, and watched what I ate. I'm doing a low-carb. It worked best for me before. I'm getting ready to check my daily intake and will monitor it from Fitday. This Program really is the greatest thing. I found it several years and I has really helped. Now that they've added this forum, it's even better.

I will check back in in a few days and let you all know how it's going.
Maybe we can have a weekly weigh-in. Let me know.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies!

I am a Forty something from Australia, and it's currently HOT as heck down here, can some one send me some of that Big Freeze you guys are having!!!

Another who needs to lose 100+ (50-60kg) I started using FitDay April last year, and lost about 10kg (22lb) over 3 months, by counting calories and being sensible, it wasn't hard and I was really motivated.. then I suddenly lost the motivation started stuffing my face again.. and wham.. all the weight has piled back on again.. sigh!

So we begin again I am doing a self designed diet with no Wheat/Rice/Potatoes, plenty of other Veggies, Fruit, lean meats etc.

Like someone else (sorry I didn't get the name) I am a good baker and love cooking especially gourmet, this has been a big downfall for me weight wise, but I am now very determined to get healthy, as I feel like a blob, and have been finding things like getting down on the ground, kneeling, squatting - getting up from being on the ground getting harder and harder to do, if I don't start losing it I will be condeming myself to being less able to do things physically, which is really scary!

Thanks to FitDay for starting the forums!

And a big Yay to all of us for our new lifestyle - We CAN do this girls!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday

Good morning ladies... I seem to be moving slow... trying not to get upset about it.. instead changing some things around. I hope that works !!
Have a great day ! Off to work I go..

Laurie
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Kristina, I'm found the Jillian Michaels' vid on the TV, I'm gonna give it a try in a little bit, once I finish lunch and it settles, I'll let you know how hilariously rubber legged I am. I need to find something to use as weights too, in case I need them for the workout.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Kristina- that was a crazy workout! but good! I like how she would give beginner alternatives. With me living in a third floor apartment, at my weight, I'm totally not comfortable jumping around on the floor. That, and I'm not really at that level yet. I liked it! I think I'll definitely be doing this for as long as they keep it on demand, which looks to be through February 9th. And then I might just go buy it! Thanks for the heads up on that one, its much appreciated!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

D--I did it today, too. Wow! I think I'm going to die every time I do it... but I got farther today before I seriously contemplated quitting. But somehow I finished it! I do the beginner positions, too. 283 pounds jumping up and down repeatedly could be dangerous for us all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.