Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies....
Im so sorry Speedyfair...when you start feeling down come here and post away. Dont turn to food, it dosnt solve anything and just makes it worse. Ive been learning that the hard way. Look at you go with your BMI--congrats!!!

Welcome Genny, congrats on the little one! Feeling good is what this is all about. Some people refuse to step on scales...I on the other hand am a scale addict. You will get some great support here..keep posting and telling us whats going on,,if your struggling, eating on plan or any questions? the girls here are soo great!!

Desertmountain, since I cut out the carbs Ive been reading up on South Beach diet. I dont follow it exactly but have got some great information from the site. One thing that was mentioned on a forum was to re-introduce carbs slowly when starting phase 2. I did not know this and would have just started eating fruit and pastas etc....like I normally do. But, apparantly, its a good idea to just reintroduce one new food a week. See how your body reacts. If you gain,,,then try eating it during a different time of the day. Some people mentioned if they eat fruit first thing in the morning it sets them up for a carb overload the rest of the day, but, if they ate it before bed they ere ok and still lost. Im really glad I read about this before I start. Sure gives me something to think about. To read about it just google phase 2 of the South Beach diet suggestions..and see what comes up?

On that note Im soooooooo happy to say Ive broken thru my plateau and now in the 280's!! I was very very happy this morning when i saw that number!

have a great day everyone..mines starting out that way1
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for such a nice welcome
It's been interesting reading everyone's posts about their struggles and success. Such a wonderful community of supportive people.
I am having such an excellent morning with a nice filling breakfast that stayed right around my breakfast calorie goal, that darn 1/2 banana on the side sent me over just a bit. I had a delicious sausage egg breakfast burrito (Egg Beaters eggs, Morning Star veggie sausage & a whole grain tortilla.) But I already have my lunch and supper planned out, so as long as I don't go overboard today it should all even out.
Unfortunately, it's now that time of the month, so it's going to take everything I've got not to slip up big time. I picked up some Snackwell's Devils Food Cake Cookies (50 cal) & some Kemps Frozen Yogurt Low Fat Non-Ice Cream Sandwiches (only 80 calories & 2 grams of fat). Those should hopefully help any crazy hormone induced chocolate cravings.

Good luck to everyone today!

I just recalculated my breakfast because something wasn't quite right, I added wrong LOL I was actually 32 calories under my breakfast goal!

Last edited by GennyF; 03-09-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Recalculated my breakfast
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on pushing through that plateau!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats!!!!

Congrats on pushing through your plateau, I pushed through mine this morning too!!!! In a few more pounds I'll actually weigh less than my husband, for the first time in 9 years!!! Pretty exciting stuff. I would like to do the happy dance, but I'm afraid my pants will fall off... It's time to go shopping again, maybe I'll hit Goodwill before I drop any serious cash, since I'm still several dress sizes larger than I'm planning to be...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

HTML Code:
One thing that was mentioned on a forum was to re-introduce carbs slowly when starting phase 2. I did not know this and would have just started eating fruit and pastas etc....like I normally do. But, apparantly, its a good idea to just reintroduce one new food a week. See how your body reacts. If you gain,,,then try eating it during a different time of the day. Some people mentioned if they eat fruit first thing in the morning it sets them up for a carb overload the rest of the day, but, if they ate it before bed they ere ok and still lost. Im really glad I read about this before I start. Sure gives me something to think about. To read about it just google phase 2 of the South Beach diet suggestions..and see what comes up?
Thank you for the suggestions Patti. I'm following SB SuperCharged, Dr Agatson's latest version/book of SB. And you're right we have to start back into starches and sugars (called Phase 2) very slowly. Week 1 of Phase 2 we can only eat 1 good starch (whole grains, allowable starchy veggies) and 1 allowable fruit per day. Week 2 we have 2 good starches and 1 fruit per day. Around day 9 (depending on if you're still losing weight or not) you can add another piece of fruit. Day 10 or 11, we get to eat 3 starches & 2 fruit per day. From week 3 on, we eat 3 starches & 3 fruits per day. Your right, eating fruit in the morning spikes your blood sugar quite a bit, which leads to more cravings according to Dr Agatston.
Like you I have problems with carbs but my biggest problems are always with grains. They increase my appetite (not cravings-but actual hunger) and I hold onto water like a camel. Now I'm just eating starchy veggies (and a fruit) and avoiding grains until I get further along in Phase 2. I've finally lost the water weight, hunger is back in check and so I'm back into the 100's. I'm really not in a hurry to try it again too soon. Speaking of reaching goals, you did great getting yourself off that Plataea! 280's WooHoo!!

Welcome Jenny! I'm 5'2" so I can relate to how the weight may not sound very high to some ppl when they read it, but it really shows. My highest was 235 and I'm down to 198. Like you, I'm taking it slower this time & learning a new way of eating and trying to learn to exercise regularly (so not my thing). sound like you had a good day and I'm glad that the breakfast burrito didn't set the wrong tone for the day by making you go over your plan.

Speedyfair-I'm so sorry to hear about the break up. I really hope you don't go to comfort food, it'll just make things worse in the long run. Maybe you can take up a new form of exercise with a friend. That way you can feel good that you're doing something positive for yourself and the added endorphins should help the emotions.

Almeeker-LOL pants falling off! Happy dance anyways! And have fun shopping!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Smile You ladies are the best

Thanks so much for all the support- I have some great friends here, and I will not turn to food for support or comfort. It's wonderful to know that all of you understand and I can log on here and be so supported. Losing this much weight has it's own special challenges as it is a long road, but I'm glad that we can all share.

Great job Patti on breaking thru - It really is a terrific feeling to knock of another 5 or 10 lb marker.

I too am a scaleholic and weigh every morning and then my Wii does it again in the evening on the days I exercise. I like to see a drop or the same weight everyday so I know what I have to do that day- more exercise or cut back if I overdid the day before.

I can so relate to the clothes issue- I had a few thing that I had saved in smaller sizes- One pair of jeans and some tops, but now all of my work clothes are getting to big to look nice- and I didn't lose the weight not to want to look good. LOL Maybe I'll treat myself to a few new clothes instead of drowning myself in a box of chocolates. LOL

Have a great evening everyone
Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Hello, I'm new here...

My name is Wendy and I am addicted to food... Did I mention I am 150+ LBS overweight? I often laugh about this line with my bestie, but inside it is killing me... It's the truth and it is so hard to face without making a big joke of it. I eat out of bordem, I eat when I am not hungry, I eat out of anger, I eat out of depression, I HAVE to eat when I watch TV... I actually look forward to each and every meal and snack, I day dream about each morsel that comes next... I know I have a problem. How do I fix such a thing? I have no clue... I know where it stems from and I am at my wits end. I live to eat, not eat to live. I feel like I am alone afloat on the SS twinkie. Does anyone else struggle with this, and how do you keep your hand off the fridge and french fries? Today is the first day I have done good in months, but even now as I am typing this I am thinking about hopping in the car and going out for a burger and fries. I need some sort of support group so I don't feel like I am the only one struggling with these crazy obsessive foodie tendencies...I know just one day of doing good is no major feat for many of you, but for me I am hoping this is a stepping stone and eye-opener to some major life changes.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default From 400lb to 300lb and on again!

Hi
Just joined today. I have been trying to regain my life since 2006 and so far have lost 100lb +. This is great for me but i still have another 150lb to go before i am considered to be a healthy weight. So i plan to shift a further 100lb but its slow going at the moment - so i am looking for some friends to share tips with and talk to
Vanessa
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey wendymariew... I know exactly how that is... I feel as if I've written that myself. We should chat... I'm doing very well.... and... it's ok to love food... we just gotta get it under control.... and...I am down 20lbs (almost) now...still fighting binges...anyway... chat me up on yahoo if ya can.. maybe we can talk... or become internet aid buddies...
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wendymariew
My name is Wendy and I am addicted to food... Did I mention I am 150+ LBS overweight? I often laugh about this line with my bestie, but inside it is killing me... It's the truth and it is so hard to face without making a big joke of it. I eat out of bordem, I eat when I am not hungry, I eat out of anger, I eat out of depression, I HAVE to eat when I watch TV... I actually look forward to each and every meal and snack, I day dream about each morsel that comes next... I know I have a problem. How do I fix such a thing? I have no clue... I know where it stems from and I am at my wits end. I live to eat, not eat to live. I feel like I am alone afloat on the SS twinkie. Does anyone else struggle with this, and how do you keep your hand off the fridge and french fries? Today is the first day I have done good in months, but even now as I am typing this I am thinking about hopping in the car and going out for a burger and fries. I need some sort of support group so I don't feel like I am the only one struggling with these crazy obsessive foodie tendencies...I know just one day of doing good is no major feat for many of you, but for me I am hoping this is a stepping stone and eye-opener to some major life changes.
wendymariew, you are not alone. I think that all of us here can totally relate to what you had the courage to post. Even with all the heartbreaking facts you still maintain a wonderful sense of humor. I'm looking forward to getting to know you as we all move forward on our adventure. You did great with the challenge of taking back control and not going for the burger and fries. If you plug everything you eat into Fitday it really makes those challenges easier. For example, after a couple of days of staying on track & then plug in a burger and fries you see how it crippled all of your hard work and shows you how that one 'treat' (or binge, whatever) is NOT worth it!! From 1 foodie to another, I'm glad that you're here.

Welcome Vanessa. Wow, congrats on the 100+ that's so great! What are you doing to loose weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.