Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand--for some reason i read your goal as "don't kill the cat." and i was laughing thinking that this cat must be pretty badly behaved. i totally feel you on sometimes being overwhelmed, making a list is a great way to give yourself an energy boost to get things done!

my goals:
-stay active everyday, and to focus on exercise for atleast 40 mins 4X per week
-keep within my calorie budget
-continue to stay positive about making small changes that last
Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Julia, "don't kill the cat." LOL I misread sometimes, too. I love the goal about continuing to stay positive about making small changes that last, whether it's for life goals or eating lifestyles.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone, good to see you all back for another week! Crimpet, thanks for getting us started.

almeeker, I'd be mighty ticked, too. Smile more, bitch less should get flipped around for the eye doc.

I'm sorry to those who have the yucky weather. Y'all are welcome to come for a visit. I'd say more but I don't want to rub it in.

Terri, great job; your cookout sounds delish!

JJ, just how many plates can you juggle, girl? Good luck to you! If it's any consolation, due to insurance nowadays, it's very difficult to get into the looney bin; you've got to be quite bad off!

farah & kag, glad you are here for the ride. No need to keep up; just use it however helps you.

Mern, enjoy the game tonight...I miss those days .

Okay, Quinn, I'll take you up on your challenge. I'll do it at work...I do that sort of stuff all the time at home and in the community, but not so often at work, so I'll make it a point this week.

Okay, goals:

1. Maintain at least a 250 cal. deficit to get the last 1 1/2 pounds off. Again.
2. Weights three times this week instead of two.
3. Sleep 7 hours (at least). I keep trying to go 7/7 on this one.
4. Balance the pie chart.
5. Drink 2-3 sports bottles of water daily.
6. Pay attention to posture (I'm a slacker on this).

7. Put annuals in front flower beds by end of weekend.
8. Re-do Spring Break at-home pedicure...bright turquoise is not tremendously professional at my age.
9. Plan Easter basket with a balance between healthy and treats.
10. Try two new recipes this week.

That should do it. Have a great Monday, everyone!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All!

Quinn- Im with you where the heck is the storm coming from!? I was in shorts last week and now have hail and snow again. So much for training outside this week. I accept your challenge add-on!

Almeeker- I think this year I will be keeping the snow gear out until June... I just don't trust mother nature. As for the superglue I think that could be a new diet fad You can get through today after all last week you were pretty resourceful coming up with ways to deal with your daughter.

JJ- Its tough being everyone's go to but remember to think about yourself to, sometimes NO isn't such a bad choice.

Mern- Haha way to go with your "UPS"!

Kag- Welcome and don't worry about keeping up as long as you get the motivation you need!

So last week started great then the weekend hit.... lets just not go there. I have 6 hours worth of exams on Wednesday so I need to cut myself some slack today and tomorrow. But then push hard Thursday through Sunday. I need to get serious about training I have my annual first 10KM of the year on mother's day weekend. It will be the first race since blowing my knee last year so Im excited/nervous.

Fitness Goals:
Keep a 1000 calorie deficit
Get in 5 days of exercise (run/jog, horse, swim) M: Horse
200 Push ups
350 Ab work

Lifestyle:
Keep the snacking to a minimum
Smile more bitch less/ random act of kindness
Thursday celebrate end of exams/her post grad interview with my best girl
Sunday quality time with my guy (no more exams for either of us)
Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
Our Friday snow/slush storm has mostly melted but more expected tonight and tomorrow. Just in time for the little one's spring concert (tonight) and first soccer game (tomorrow). Sigh.
I am being overly stressed out. Too many things to get ready for end of school, graduation, summer, oldest DD leaving for work/college. I just need to make a list and get to it but I just feel overwhelmed. Trying to help my mom with my grandma, trying to help my son with this car problems, my middle DD with boy problems. Sometimes I really wish I weren't the goto person in my family. I want to just dump it all on someone else for while. So much for smile more bitch less. Maybe I should add a penalty for that... along with for feeling sorry for myself. Planks? I could use some extra ab work. More decisions. Ack. Two goals for the week. 1) Don't kill the diet. 2) Don't end up in the looney bin.
Thanks for reminding me to include this in my personal goals this week. I'm the "go to" person, as well. I had a long talk with my husband about this last week. I'm happy to help my family when they really need my assistance with something. But, lately, I've been asked to do some things that they should have clearly handled themselves. For instance, my husband called me to tell me to call our daughter... does that make sense to you??? Call her yourself!
My son asked me to go to the store, buy him a watermelon and bring it to his house, a 10 mile round trip... buy your own stupid watermelon! (I have to say, I've personally never experienced a watermelon emergency.)

Every time something breaks, needs to be purchased, filled out, cooked, washed, wiped, replaced or taken care of, I'm the one that is told. Last week was especially bad to the point of being overwhelming. I don't know what the answer is... I'm trying to figure this one out, too.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Every time something breaks, needs to be purchased, filled out, cooked, washed, wiped, replaced or taken care of, I'm the one that is told. Last week was especially bad to the point of being overwhelming. I don't know what the answer is... I'm trying to figure this one out, too.
And don't forget...decisions to be made, things to be mailed, dates to be remembered, medicines to be refilled, and bills to be paid! Aaargh!

Maybe we should just all practice tough love, schedule a vacation, and go enjoy ourselves while our respective families figure out how to do things on their own .
Old 04-18-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
And don't forget...decisions to be made, things to be purchased, dates to be remembered, medicines to be refilled, and bills to be paid! Aaargh!

Maybe we should just all practice tough love, schedule a vacation, and go enjoy ourselves while our respective families figure out how to do things on their own .
YES, PLEASE!!! I'm in!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Update on the middle DD. This morning she got up with the alarm clock and came downstairs and had what we call a "cheese roll-up". It's a wheat flour tortilla with about 1 -1.5 oz colby-jack cheese on it, zapped in the microwave and rolled up. She loves them. At first she started in with her negotiating, "so if I eat this then I don't have to eat anything more later, right?". I basically told her that there was no set rule about any of it, but she should try eating a little something first and we would play it by ear after she got showered and dressed. Guess what? It worked like a charm, she didn't fight with anyone, she didn't burst into tears over every stupid nothing, she was even rather calm as we were running around looking for her missing winter coat, and wonder of all wonders she remembered to take her lunch! So I think we have a winner!!! Fingers crossed, but it was so very nice to not feel like WW3 was brewing on the second floor.

I should probably explain that it's only in the morning that she's such a pain in the butt, otherwise she's a pretty good kid, she does really well in school, she's extremely athletic (at 6 she started getting recruiter-type calls from a couple of different soccer coaches and it gets a little worse every season), and she and I have a lot of the same interests. Any given day of the week after 12:00 noon I quite enjoy being her mother. Our mornings together are simply a work in progress.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
And don't forget...decisions to be made, things to be mailed, dates to be remembered, medicines to be refilled, and bills to be paid! Aaargh!

Oh, me too!!! Somewhere warm please.

I do practice a little tough love on my kids. I once heard a speaker on child rearing and her philosophy was to never do for your children what they can do for themselves. I don't employ that strictly, but I try and use it often.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

It's so hard to find that perfectly right balance of doing for your family without spoiling them and practicing tough love when it's necessary--and I wholeheartedly agree there are times there's no alternative and it's truly what is best for them, as painful as it is for us to do that.

Almeeker, way to go on dealing with DD's rough starts in the morning. Looks like you may indeed have pinpointed the problem as her morning low sugar effects on her AND you. Nothing can beat an intelligent mother's intuition!
I know what you're talking about--my kids are responsible for every gray hair on my head, but they both grew up to be adults of whom I am so very proud. A reward very likely to be bestowed upon you in the future is that in her adulthood DD will likely implement some of the same solutions to problems that you have thought up yourself and she'll come right out and verbally give you credit for that and thank you for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.