Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Ultra Perky Simmons, hahaha! I love it! I really like how you're always working up in your goals - little goals every day add up to a huge difference. Thanks for reminding me about my signature. Normally I've just been updating it once a month (every 4th of the month) but maybe updating it weekly will give me a little happy every Monday morning - why not? Ta-da! See below.

quinn: Doing good for others with a smile? Sounds great! Whenever the opportunity comes up this week, I'll try to do the right thing and report!

acameron: Good luck on your exams this week! YOu can do it!

Ugh, I relate with all of you on being the go-to (or perhaps dormattish) member of my family. Moving to FL has stopped the physical "oh-could-you-do-this?" requests, but I'm constantly getting phone calls of "Tell your grandmother this from me" or getting into the middle of arguments. Sometimes I feel like I'm in third grade. No, Dad, I will not call Mom and tell her that you're mad she didn't make the bed What the heck?

almeeker: Glad your DD is doing better today! You're a smart cookie of a Mom, and you know what she needs! Peace in the morning is a blessed thing.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

I See the snow is happening for a few of us...you all in Minnesota or are other parts of the country blessed with this white stuff that just won't seem to end? Thanks for all the support even if I can't keep up with all of you, it is hard when friends and family support you but really don't want to hear about your ups and downs of the weight loss journey it seems. Last night was my cheat night and had some egg rolls and cheese curds which were once my favorite but oh my gosh can't stand the grease anymore...I'm done with that as a cheat. Would enjoy ice cream so much more!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,538
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min (total 1:00)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -934
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (53c/25p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (with or without nagging). Y
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. No, just found out I'll be at a family wedding that day, so it's a complete no go.
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. Y
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 20 push-ups
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. Some
13. Order more parts for elliptical (I'm starting to call that thing "the money pit"). N
14. Housework:
Monday bathrooms, laundry
Tuesday kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, closet, porch, laundry
Sunday, basement, cupboard, laundry

When I called the eye doctor's office I was informed that the one my daughter sees has left the practice, which I already knew, her actual doctor probably wouldn't have sent that letter out to us without at least 2-3 more reminder post cards. I then informed them that I was so offended by the tone of the letter that I wasn't going to be bringing my daughter or any other member of this household to their practice anymore and they may want to take a long hard look at their form letters and make some revisions, especially given this economy and my big mouth. Of course I was talking to the ever powerful receptionist, who probably wouldn't dare bring the matter up with the boss for fear of losing her job, but I felt better for having said it. You would think that a lousy economy would bring back the element of "service" that is sooooo very lacking in corporate America, but you'd be wrong.

Did well with calories today (that threat of push-ups is working, because I already knew that I had to do 20 and didn't want to add another 50 on top). The pie chart was less good, but maybe tomorrow I'll go grain-free that always helps my pie chart and my calories.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

sorry guys, I haven't been able to get on here all day. Super hectic day. I'll try to think up some goals and hopefully get to posting them up.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Kim, I live in Ohio and we didn't get the snow, but I am really disappointed right now with the beautiful maple tree outside the window by which my computer sets. The buds on the tree had just turned to teeny leaves when the temps dipped below freezing. The leaves are growing but are now lacking the bright green color of new leaves--they look more like the dull green leaves of late August. I'm hoping they'll get that new look back with more rain and sunshine.

Terri, yeah, I'm glad you changed your weight in your signature. You deserve that recognition and others (like me) find it really encouraging. Some people are too embarrassed to do baby steps to work up to a more substantial goal, but I'm not. "Doormattish"--good word for letting people take advantage of you. LOL

Almeeker--kudos to you for the self-discipline of 50 pushups if you exceed your calorie limit. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the eye doctor's office. I hope you're now recuperated from that insulting letter you received.

Hi, Mike. Glad you had time to pop in even for a short time.

Last edited by Mern; 04-18-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I hate the freeze-back, too. So disheartening. Fortunately we didn't get it this year. Our trees and early spring flowers are just about done now, though.

I truly had to white-knuckle it through today. I wanted to eat everything that wasn't good for me. I slipped a bit but I hope I compensated okay. It wasn't how I wanted the day to look, but it's over, fortunately. It seems like every time I recoup from a slew of bad choices, I'm poised to make them all over again. I was out of sorts today also; just couldn't get things done and was kind of in a funk, so I'm sure that was related. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

1. Maintain at least a 250 cal. deficit to get the last 1 1/2 pounds off. Again. 258, but it wasn't easy!
2. Weights three times this week instead of two. One down
3. Sleep 7 hours (at least). I keep trying to go 7/7 on this one. Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. Yes, fair
5. Drink 2-3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes
6. Pay attention to posture (I'm a slacker on this). A bit

7. Put annuals in front flower beds by end of weekend. Not yet
8. Re-do Spring Break at-home pedicure...bright turquoise is not tremendously professional at my age. Not yet
9. Plan Easter basket with a balance between healthy and treats. Not yet
10. Try two new recipes this week. Yes- Stir-fry shrimp and walnuts; it was really good
11. Plan mini-trip. Not yet

Had to tack a goal on there. Hubby and I are going away for a couple days and nights while the boy is in Disney with the band in May. I've been dogging it and noticed today that places are starting to fill up, so I've got to get going.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-18-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

well.... my annual gym membership is up for renewal. The gym has been a major part of my life over the past year and I think I'm going to have to give it up for now. I think I may end up doing another round of P90X or designing my own home workout that I can do with a limited amount of weight. I still don't know. The gym was my escape many times, when I wanted to get away, do my thing, the iron was there for me. My workout buddy is pretty bummed as well.

I still don't know what my goals will be for this week.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, have you ever thought about asking the gym if they are in need of a personal trainer? Seriously I think you could get your trainer's license easily enough and even enjoy the process. Or maybe you could work a shift or two every week and that would give you access to the gym without having to slap down the cabbage. Or maybe you could do some advertising for them by standing out front in some really skimpy workout clothes (and your pimp hat) and flexing for an hour or so every week. It's bound to be an improvement over that street corner situation.

Morning Mern, how's the body feel after 30 minutes with UPS? I've been looking at the P90X set, I figure at the rate you're going you'll be ready for that soon, and I'll have to kick my butt to keep up with you.

Cassie kudos on hanging on to the diet yesterday. I struggled a little myself, and I'm already off to a rough start for the day. I'm already planning egg white omelet for lunch, which is very light and usually helps me through the afternoon. Have you tried the Laughing Cow cheese wedges?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mike, have you ever thought about asking the gym if they are in need of a personal trainer? Seriously I think you could get your trainer's license easily enough and even enjoy the process. Or maybe you could work a shift or two every week and that would give you access to the gym without having to slap down the cabbage. Or maybe you could do some advertising for them by standing out front in some really skimpy workout clothes (and your pimp hat) and flexing for an hour or so every week. It's bound to be an improvement over that street corner situation.
lol. Actually for me to work another job I have to get approval from my current company, which is a PITA!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Calorie limit 1600 1544
Calorie deficit 1037 per day 1109
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.3
Protein goal 120g 130.2

Artificial sweetener limit one packet per day 0
Sugar free candy limit one piece per day 0
More healthful evening snack to satisfy sweet tooth ricotta cheese with cinnamon

Water goal 64 oz. YES

Work up to 30 minutes of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies workout video. 24 minutes--positive achievement because it burns more calories than 30 minutes of my customary aerobic walking

Last edited by Mern; 04-19-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.