Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Mike, not only is Monday a new week, but 2PM is a new hour, and tomorrow is a new day! You can reboot anytime. Happy new minute!
yeah I know. The only thing with P90X is that it's a series of workouts. It's 7 days a week, day 7 is either rest or stretch and I'll choose to rest. With that being said, I want my rest day to be on a Sunday, so I'll start on Monday.

I also plan on journaling (if that's a word) everything with pictures and videos as I have in the past with P90X. So Monday morning with be my weigh in and pictures. I'm not an early morning person but I hope I can change that and get my workout in 1st thing in the morning. Towards the end on my 90 day journey I'll start training for my next 1/2 marathon (in Sept. in Va Beach).

I'm trying to enjoy my last bit of "freedom". Once Monday hits, it's on. I already have my nutrition plan lined out. I just need to figure out my calorie intake. I'm planning on 2100-2400 cals/day but I'll know more once I start. The last time I did P90X, I didn't focus too much on the nutrition part, that's going to change. My goal this time to stay injury free, shed the last bit of fat and try not to lose muscle mass. If I can do that, I'll be happy. Scratch that... I WILL DO THAT!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, now I understand what you meant by Monday. Thanks for explaining. Your plan sounds great. Are you looking forward to starting?

I think for me, I need to use the "every minute is a new minute" bc it helps me to prevent a small binge/break down from taking over the day and making it all a binge. However, you are more talking about an exercise regime mixed with food plans.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Julia,
I am looking forward to starting, I hope that I'm not that sore to begin with this time. I'm looking forward to eating clean as well but that's not to say that I'm not enjoying that fact that in a minute I'm going to hop in my car and go get a Butterfinger Blast.

Happy Easter to everyone as well!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Had a wonderfully productive day today, and a relaxing evening...our local HS theater put on one of my favorite plays. Glad many of you have had some enjoyable days also.

Check in:

1. Maintain at least a 250 cal. deficit to get the last 1 1/2 pounds off. Again. 258, but it wasn't easy! 247 (on average, I'm still ok!), 157, gave in to late night snack when hubby had the pretzels out, 562 (thank you, tennis opponent who took me 3 sets & over 2 hours), 281,151
2. Weights three times this week instead of two. One down, Two down, Three down
3. Sleep 7 hours (at least). I keep trying to go 7/7 on this one. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Missed by 1/2 hr, No-6
4. Balance the pie chart. Yes (fair), Yes, Yes, Yes, Fair, Yes
5. Drink 2-3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Pay attention to posture (I'm a slacker on this). A bit, No-forgot, Forgot again! Erm, forgot AGAIN, and again, and again

7. Put annuals in front flower beds by end of weekend. bought them today
8. Re-do Spring Break at-home pedicure...bright turquoise is not tremendously professional at my age. Done
9. Plan Easter basket with a balance between healthy and treats. Yes
10. Try two new recipes this week. Yes- Stir-fry shrimp and walnuts; it was really good, new applesauce recipe, but not counting it since it was just a side dish, Yes-chicken and cashew stir-fry (what is it with me and stir-fry this week?
11. Plan mini-trip. I'm ready to stay home and avoid this logistical nightmare

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, glad you had such a nice day and got in all that tennis.

It rained all night, so the Easter egg hunt for the grandkids will be indoors. Picking up teenage granddaughter at 12:30--she volunteered to help cook dinner for our family.

Wishing all a really great day and control while cheating with all the Easter goodies.

Saturday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1544, 1476, 1599 guessing 1900-2000, 1289, 1661
Calorie deficit (including exercise) 1037 per day 1109, 1220, 1097, guessing 479-579 deficit, 1190, 818
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.3, 20.3, 23.8, possibly as many as 35g, 20.3, 21.9
Protein goal 120g 130.2, 120.3, 117.7, pretty sure reached 120g., 123, 159

Artificial sweetener limit one packet per day 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0
Sugar free candy limit one piece per day 0, 0. 1, 3, 0, 1
More healthful evening snack to satisfy sweet tooth ricotta cheese with cinnamon; a square of unsweetened baking chocolate (I already knew I like that); swiss cheese; some healthful & some not; protein shake; protein shake

Water goal 64 oz. YES YES, YES YES YES, YES

Work up to 30 minutes of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies workout video. 24 minutes, 30 minutes. 30 minutes NONE, NONE, NONE

Last edited by Mern; 04-24-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Julia: Thanks very much for the pep talk. I was angry at the quality of food (fast food and chinese) more so than the calories -- I've found that I'm really able to keep my portions in check and am getting a good mental sense of when to stop, but crap is still crap, whether I eat 1300 calories of it or 3000 calories of it. I was beating myself up a little unneccessarily though, so I appreciate the reality check! And thanks very much for the compliments. I'm blushing I still struggle daily with my own expectations vs. others, so I also appreciate the reminder that my own should trump, haha! I really, really do want to teach. My heart goes there. A government job would be nice as well just for the added security - I'd love something that allowed me to interact with people a lot. It's funny, because I'm shy personally, but publically I get to have a persona, and I find it much easier. Weird, right?

Mern: Sounds like the hunt will be great indoors or out, and awesome for your granddaughter to help on the cooking! You're making me wish I could turn back time and offer more things like that to my own family when I was younger, haha! NEver too late to start, though.

Mike: Enjoy that butterfinger, my good man!

Cassie: Oooh, yay high school plays! As a former drama geek, I am thrilled that you went to support, haha!

Saturday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -924 T: -654 W: -1,752 Th: -734 F: -650 Sat: -1,494 (Week Total: -6,208)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Roughly 30 minutes weights, 15 minutes non-HIIT cardio (stationary bike) T: Day off W: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical) Th: Day off F: I got home from work at 10:00 and stuffed my face with Chinese food Sat: 1 hour HIIT cardio (elliptical)
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 20% T: 32% W: 29% Th: 31% F: 18% Sat: 19% (Weekly average: 25%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 53% T: 37% W: 43% Th: 44% F: 43% Sat: 37% (Weekly average: 43%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: No T: N/A W: out of fruit! Had powder + milk (ew) Th: N/A F: N/A Sat: yes
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M-Sat: yes (Sat 128)
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M-Sat: Yes

Other Life Stuff:
1) Easter cards out by Wednesday!!!!! M: No T: No W: Crap, I forgot! I'll have to get them out tonight and pray... Th: Yep F-Sun: N/A
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Minimal... T: Yes, but no makeup W: Yes Th: Yes F: No Sat: No
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M-W: No Th: 1 hour F: No Sat: No (Week total: 1 hour)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Yes T: Yes W: Totally Th: Meh...I wasn't happy, but I wasn't sad either F: Stress stress stress Sat: Better

Went up another level on my HIIT yesterday, and got back that feeling of thinking it was too hard for 10 minutes in there! It felt good to exercise.

My weight is still up for no good reason, so I'm going to continue water flushing until I feel like I can't pee anymore. It might be a difficult couple of weeks. I sense a plateau, but I'm not sure. This is the same thing that happened LAST time I plateau'd around 202 lbs. Then again, it's been a week of eating out because BF and I are locked in a war of "It's your turn to get the groceries." I realized it was petty and childish, and got a little mad at myself. He's nto been pulling his weight around the house lately, but I know that I haven't either, if I'm honest with myself. We're both stressed from work (he's been taking doubles, I've been crazy writing) and the house has gotten disgusting. So, I can either blame him for it, or simply take the opportunities this weekend to clean and hope that it's at least appreciated (and if not, that doesn't mean I didn't do a good job!)

I attempted to cave to getting groceries yesterday, only to find that it was completely mobbed and they were missing half a dozen of the foods I wanted. I should have kept going, but I got discouraged and just left -.- I managed to scrape together a casserole last night, but there's not much left in the house to eat today, unless we all want to have chicken noodle soup all day!! Something will get figured out. At least the gas station is open and I can go get hot dogs...or soimething. Happy Easter, lol.

Everything is otherwise closed for Easter today, so I'll do actual grocery shopping tomorrow. I think I was just in a terrible down-on-myself mood yesterday. It happens to all of us I snapped out of it in the evening, and I'm just going to try and keep on today.

Have a fantastic Easter with your families, everyone! And if you don't celebrate, then just have a wonderful Sunday!

~Terri
Old 04-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, enjoy your kids and grandkids and have fun hiding eggs!

Terri, sounds like the opportunity to develop a new, fun, creative Easter tradition . Hot dogs, sandwiches, soup, beef jerky...just think, in 10 years, you can explain to your kids why you have this funky Easter tradition!

We've all been through those times when it's just busy, busy, busy...the house will still be there when things slow down, so don't worry with it; think triage. Take care of the immediate stuff (any health or infectious disease risks, lol ) get the work done, and catch up when you can. Maybe you guys could sit down and come up with a plan to divvy up the things that need to be done and who has time to do what, when.

"Shovel the house" is a frequent item on my To Do list!

Hope all who are celebrating have a happy Easter today!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm glad this week is over but another harder week is ahead lol I start a new telecommute job Monday evening, so that we can bring in extra income to svae for our paperwork and relocation. We're excited but I'm totally exhausted in every meaning of the word. To boot there's family drama stirring now with my mom who has NPD, so I'm having to deal with that at a very dificult time and the things she has said to me the other day has thrown me into a heavy depression. I'm hanging on by a thread simply because I havn't got the time to be depressed or throw a pitty party for myself. lol

I truly missed everyone on here this week, but havn't had the chance to get on, and barely had the chance to log my foods every night. Usually I come on through out the day to log as I go, which helps me keep in check for my caloric intake. This week as been screwy, one day I'll have too low of a deficit, the next day will be over my caloric recommendation. I havn't even been able to exercise, and I'm lucky I get walks in. I don't know if I lost weight, though I should have lost some. My scale is seriously messed up, and I havn't had the time to get to the mall scale. It's busting my motivation because seeing the scale drop really helps motivate me, and seeing that Body fat index drop helps too..I did measure myself, and I'm down from last month, which helps.

So, I'm hoping that even though this week will be super rough, I can atleast not cave in to binges and break for sodas. I admit I've been drinking WAY too much coffee and practically eliminated ALL water..I'm lucky if I can get in half a liter =/

If I can survive this week and next week I'll be good lol This week I start the new job, on top of running around getting more paperwork and documents together, and also have my last lace project to finish to hand in to my class Friday for the exhibit on the 5th.

Seriously..cant wait for this Visa stuff to finish...

I really miss you guys, and being able to read all your successes and daily posts. =) It really cheers me up. =) Hopefully I can get back to it by the end of next week. =)

I hope everyone had a safe holiday
Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri, sounds like the opportunity to develop a new, fun, creative Easter tradition . Hot dogs, sandwiches, soup, beef jerky...just think, in 10 years, you can explain to your kids why you have this funky Easter tradition!

We've all been through those times when it's just busy, busy, busy...the house will still be there when things slow down, so don't worry with it; think triage. Take care of the immediate stuff (any health or infectious disease risks, lol ) get the work done, and catch up when you can. Maybe you guys could sit down and come up with a plan to divvy up the things that need to be done and who has time to do what, when.

Hope all who are celebrating have a happy Easter today!
Haha!

On the menu today was: two over-easy eggs for breakfast with a slice of bacon each (I found that we had two eggs left, woo-hoo, and some of that pre-cooked bacon things he likes...)

Hot dogs and chicken noodle soup for lunch...

And we split a Subway sandwich for dinner, because the gas station down the street has a little baby Subway in it, and they decided to be open, yay! Easter tradition sounds fun to me, we'll have to see if it catches on and remains for next year.

You're so right about the house too. Actually, we both woke up this morning in the mood to clean (imagine that) -- he tackled the piles of clothing and proceeded to iron/fold/put away while I cleaned sinks, toilets, kitchen counters. I also put new sheets on the bed, and he vacuumed.

We probably couldn't eat off the floor, but it's much better. "Shovel the house" indeed... next time he has a day off in the middle of the week, I'll put it on his honey-do list and see how it goes

Crimpet: Hang in there, girl. It sounds like a roller coaster, and it's so hard, but you're doing an awesome thing. I hope you can keep focused and not have any MORE unnecessary drama come at you. We're here when you need us, and sending good vibes to you in the meantime!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Oh, me too!!! Only I think I have to update it from "shovel" to "backhoe". OY!!!! It's soooo bad, it was bad before Easter morning, only now it's dusted over with Easter grass and aluminum candy wrappers.