Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker, i'm taking you up on your challenge. This weekend I hope to log in and use it for support!

quinn and mike, these past two days and today, i have been making bad food choices. I am hoping to get myself realigned with healthy, filling foods, right now!

Grocery shopping tonight will help keep me on track for this weekend!

I'm exhausted right now but hopefully I can still workout tonight.

Happy Moanday!
Julia
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- thanks for starting the week!
JJ- WAY TO GO! Size 12 is an awesome accomplishment!
Quinn- Glad you enjoyed the week off I’m sure you can jump back on track
Crimpet- that’s great news! Hope it gets the ball going quickly
Lindsey- Have fun breaking in the new bike, are you doing roads or trail riding?
Almeeker- I was excited for 20 degrees here I can’t imagine 35 already! But I accept your challenge (and appreciate someone making me accountable!)

Last week I let myself go a little which means I am still stuck at 119 those last 4 pounds are just refusing to move! I went out and bought a new bathing suit and goggles in hopes that adding a new exercise to my day will help. Just losing some drive with this plateau. But the weather has finally turned around we went from 0 to 20 degrees in less than a week and it is GREAT to be out running in the fresh air again.
Fitness Goals:
- Exercise every day (walk all 7, plus running, swimming and horseback riding) M: Yes (horse and run)
- Keep a 1300 cal deficit M: may be tight
- WATER just keep drinking
- 200 push-ups
- 500 crunches/stability ball
Life Goals:
- Spa day Tuesday
- Finish at least 1 book
- Get in some quality time with my guy
- When the horse has a little extra spunk cut her some slack she’s still a baby
- Smile more bitch less! (thanks Quinn this one is sticking)
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
I think Almeeker meant 35 F, think 2 C. Our weather here is being schizophrenic too. Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 73 F (23 C) and on Friday a high of 39 F (4 C) with a low of 28 F (-2 C) . Love when it does that for the weekend . And more snow!
That would make more sence thanks JJeand! We have been having the same kind of weather with some extreme thunderstorms to boot. In one drive yesterday I had beautiful sun, thunder and snow/hail. If only mother nature would make up her mind.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Acameron, best wishes on those last 4 pounds. I'm so sorry you're getting discouraged. I know it's as harder to lose those last few pounds. But we have faith in you that you can get the job done.

Crimpet, I'm really happy for you about the co-sponsor for the VISA.

Cassie, you are so sweet. Actually kicking the diet soda was pretty easy because I like iced tea anyway and I like it unsweetened. But it had absolutely no effect on my weight loss. Congrats on still having the bathing suit taped to the pantry! LOL

Lindsey, welcome back! Kudos on the new bike.

Quinn! So glad you made it through the tornados around you!

Mary, I'm rooting for you to lose those 4 lbs. by the 21st.

Almeeker, wishing you nicer scale numbers next week. Aw, that's so cool that DH is building you new pantry shelving!

Julia, "happy Moanday" LOL Best wishes on your grocery shopping and better food choices.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry all, I sort of disappeared for a while. I’m sure you all missed me dreadfully.

Quinn – good luck with getting some hiking in this week! Mother Nature has been ticked off at the whole world recently . . . glad you escaped the tornadoes!

Terri – Wooo! Good on you for your well-earned loss!

JJ – more good news! You feeling all sexy in your new clothes? Zumba is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it!

Crimpet – that’s fantastic news about your husband’s visa! And I really like your non-fitness goal to do 5 pushups per failure regarding bitching less and smiling more. That’s great.

Mern – good on you for kicking that nasty soft drink habit!

Okay, my fitness goals for this week are going to change a little because I have discovered why my whole body has decreased in size, but my belly has pretty much been staying put. There’s a little someone in there saying, ‘Oy! Stop trying to make my home smaller!’. So I’ve been doing a little bit of research to find out what of P90X I can continue with and which DVDs I will have to swap out for something less intense. I’ve decided to continue on with the weight training (light weight, high rep) and skipping those exercises that feel uncomfortable and I’ve already been on ebay to find some good pregnancy exercise DVDs so I can substitute Plyometrics (oh, darn ) and probably Kenpo and eventually Yoga. I’ll just see how that goes and make changes if it’s necessary. After gaining a LOT of weight through my previous pregnancies, I am determined to keep control of myself and ensure we both stay healthy all the way through (and stay away from KFC!). I'm proud to declare I have not had a single cigarette since those two lines appeared on my pee-stick, although I am having a quiet breakdown over how much alcohol I’ve imbibed over the last few weeks . . .

Anyway,

Fitness Goals:

1. Keep heart rate below 140bpm while exercising.
2. Take the pram out of my car’s boot and go for a brisk walk each day.
3. Keep water intake at 2L per day.
4. Enjoy carbs!!
5. Find some alternative for delicious ginger nut biscuits to ease nausea (I’d eat those all day if I could).
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per day.

Non-Fitness Goals

1. Get everything organised for birthday festivities for 1yo and my partner, who both celebrate on 22nd April.

Yeah, that’s enough, I think.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by acameron34
Almeeker- I was excited for 20 degrees here I can’t imagine 35 already! But I accept your challenge (and appreciate someone making me accountable!
Sorry, I was speakin' American. I usually follow deg with F. Yesterday people got sunburns, tomorrow those same folks will be wearing their long undies.

I'm glad so many are taking up the weekend challenge. I was on and off all weekend and it was like crickets chirping on this thread.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,588
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min (total 1:31)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -875
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. Almost, adding 10 push-ups to tomorrow morning WO.
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday)

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

Today was a little nuts, the oldest DD's started back to school, AMEN! The littlest DD goes back to PK tomorrow, AMEN AMEN!!! I enjoy having them home, but after a week of togetherness - they need a break from each other. Hopefully now I can maybe get something done around here, tomorrow I also won't have the crying machine, um I mean newborn that I watch.

You know it's interesting that many of us have had a couple of rough days, it sort of reminded me of that time we were all sick around the same time. Is hunger contagious? Maybe so, you can get it from your cyber friends. IDK maybe it's a Spring thing. I sort of wonder if there isn't a biological explanation for the urge to overeat in the Spring. There have certainly been days when I've felt as hungry as a bear waking up from the winter.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-11-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

behaze, I want to be the 1st to say congrats!

I've been away all day, I'll try my best to get around to replying to everyone.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Aww, I wanted to be the first .

Congratulations, behaze, and hope you are feeling well and that all goes smoothly .
Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hello All,

Cassie, thank u for remining me of this thread again, i'm gonna start slow and hopefully build up on my goals eventually.

Behaze, congrats on your new bundle of joy!

very basic goals:
1. eat right, more protein less carbs
2. log everything!!!!!!
3. drink at least 2 L water
4. exercise at least 4 times a week
5. keep the calories intake low for a while, not more than 1200 for a while

have to get back to where i was and drifted away from again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.