Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Goal check in:

1. Stick to calorie limit. I'll give it a B
2. Balance pie chart (no specific percentages; just use common sense). Yes
3. Exercise 6 days. Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours nightly. Yes
5. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water each day. Yes
6. No impulse snacking! Mostly

7. Clean out purse & wallet and file receipts. Done!
8. Sweep garage. Not yet
9. Flowers for front porch. Not yet
10. Make healthy snacks/quick breakfasts/bread for the week and for freezer. Not yet
11. Change sheets and towels for MIL visit Friday. Not yet
12. Plan meals for weekend. Not yet

Overall, a fair to middling day. I only had one impulse snack...half a serving of Annie's Bunnies. I was originally going to have that for my evening snack but since I did weights tonight, I went with cheese & Triscuits after my workout. But then I was mad I didn't get my bunnies, so I figured half a serving was better than half the box! It was preventative, I swear!!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker, i've noticed this cycle in myself for years-- I will be feeling great and eating very healthfully for weeks, and then BAM, one bad choice turns into a day (or days) of bad choices. Then i get back on plan, only to redo the cycle, even though every time I do it I think "next time I will think before putting something in my mouth."

I know that I have rebounded so many times that maybe this is just how it will be forever, and I can live with that as I'm pretty used to it. But, I see much room for my own improvement. I wonder if it is a part of our mindset, and every so often we will indulge to the point where we think we've really done ourselves in, but then the trick is just to take a walk and restart your brain.

Maybe if I had never been on a "diet" and somehow grew up in a world where I didn't know what my own body looked like compared to others then I wouldn't have this eating cycle and it would look like a nice, straight line graph without extremes.

On the other hand, if there was a detailed graph for my eating habits over a shorter amt of time, say a month, it would have a bunch of extremes, even if it does all even out to being a healthy weight.

Personal day info: ended up making to the gym for a fabulous workout, then went grocery shopping and bought sushi that prob wasn't that healthy. I also ate some fruit and olives. I haven't tallied up my cals!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

just tallied my cals and it is estimated to be at 1722 today. i had a great workout, but still after what i ate and drank this weekend I would have liked it to be 1500 or less. I'm still hungry at the moment, but fortunately I'm also exhausted so I'll just get in bed.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie: I hope you're feeling better, and tournaments are so exciting!! Sounds like an action-packed weekend.

Mike: Sometimes, you just need a week of eating crapola. You've worked so hard, and I'm glad you don't feel bad about it! You just did it because you needed/wanted to, and that's that!

jj: Congrats on the size 12!! I'm looking forward to being there myself. I haven't tried on any pants of a different size since I started. I was an 18/20 to begin with, my guess is I'm probably roundabouts a 14/16 now. Size 12 is such a good milestone, you've earned it!

Mern: Way to kick the diet soda habit! It's tough at first, but it's a great feeling

Crimpet: AWESOME NEWS!!! You just eat that pizza and smile about it I also love your "five pushups for every bitching episode" punishment. Haha! We should all do that!

erin: Congrats on the -1.5!

quinn: I'm very glad the tornadoes missed you!

behaze: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Congrats on your new bundle of joy! How exciting!

Mary: Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind! Go get 'em!

acameron: Just keep on keepin' on - we've all been there with a non-budging scale, but you'll find a way to blast through it!

Julia: You sound really motivated this week!! Good on you for realizing you're tired. Hope you sleep well tonight

Monday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -1,115 (Week total: -1,115)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Very light exercise; will exercise tomorrow
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 36% (Weekly average: 36%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% (Weekly average: 44%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: No
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: 80 oz.
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M: Yes ma'am!

Other Life Stuff:
1) Clean both bathrooms M: No
2) Easter/Anniversary presents for family (my parents 32nd anniversary is tomorrow!!) M: Got the anniversary present out
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Totally
5) Finish one chapter of side-project book M: No

Really happy with my deficit today as it's mostly from really good food choices - I only exercised lightly (15 minute walk after work). I was considering, also, chugging 16 oz. of water before bed, but I really don't want to wake up at 3:00 and need to pee - because once I'm up, I'm up! I'll take the lesser intake!

Should be an interesting week at work - tomorrow in particular is going to be busy busy busy busy, but it's that good kind of busy where I don't feel overwhelmed and I have some ideas! Gotta get that chapter done tomorrow, and I have some figures to review, as well as working on equipment and in general plotting out the rest of my week with the graduate students.

almeeker, I definitely accept the challenge to post here EVERY day, including weekends!

Goodnight everyone!

~Terri
Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Julia, you did a great job describing that cycle. It's sadly all too familiar.

Terri, great start to the week for you. Sounds like you have a productive day planned tomorrow; rest up and go get 'em again on Tuesday!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

bhaze, congratulations on the baby on the way!

Almeeker, there was never a time between 1976 and 2009 that I didn't have at least one infant to preschooler to take care of full time while their mothers worked outside the home. I love children, but I'm so glad to not have the little charges under foot daily. I'm tempted to overeat year round. LOL

farahb7, welcome back! Congrats on having reached your goal last year. You'll be back there in no time.

Cassie, pretty darned start for the week--the preventive bunny half-serving was admirable! Good for you!

Julia, wishing you that straight line graph. I need a diagonal line--a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng one from here to goal. LOL Congrats on that wonderful gym workout. Aw, sorry you went to bed hungry. I hope you fell asleep fast.

Terri, its wonderful that your calorie deficit was from good food choices. The more nutritious food we put in our bodies, the better they work. We all know that, but it's sometimes tempting to eat less good food and enjoy junk while still not exceeding our calorie limit. So my hat is off to you! Wishing you a quite enjoyable and productive work week.

Wishing EVERYONE an enjoyable and productive week.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

I made three freakin' trips to the bathroom during the night. This morning the scale was another half pound less than yesterday after I weighed five times within 15 minutes (because I wanted to be sure my scale wasn't lying to me) and recorded the HIGHEST number as my official weight. I was watching my sodium intake last week by eating less processed foods like bacon and deli sliced roast beef--that may have been why my scale was being mean to me--water retention due to poor food choices. So I'm darned happy now--lost 1 pound in the past 8 days rather than just 1/2 pound in the past 7 days.

Calorie limit 1600 per day 1252
Calorie restriction of 1037 per day 1227 with no exercise
Carb less fiber limit 25g 19
Protein target 120g 137.8

Artificial sweetener packet limit 2 per day 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 1

Water 64 oz. YES

Exercise aerobic walking 1/2 hour 6 days NO

Last edited by Mern; 04-12-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Just finished washing the last of the sweaty, smelly track clothes after scraping the last of the gum out of my dryer. It's official... daughter's home.

Yesterday was a good day for me, food-wise. I feel much more in control than I have lately. I really think that my new way of eating has become my new normal. I don't really fear gaining all of my weight back any more. I may slip for a week or two but then I actually crave my cleaner foods again. The thought of eating the way I use to, every single day, sounds kind of disgusting now. Does that make sense? After almost a year and a half, I feel confident that I can do this for a lifetime.

Back To Discipline Week For Me:

* 1200 calories or less until I get hold of myself. Y
* Daily neighborhood walks, as weather permits. Y
* Keep water bottle with me all day long. Y
* Totally eliminate bread, cereals, peanut butter, frozen yogurt and
cheese until I regain my composure.
One piece of cornbread... I had to make sure it was suitable to serve my family, right?
* Log EVERYTHING! Y
* Multi-vitamin daily. Y
* 3-4 fruits and veggies, minimum, daily. 4

* Finish cleaning vehicles. N
* Finish Prom dress. N
* Clean and reorganize one kitchen cupboard a day. (Busy work so that I
don't eat while the weather is bad.)

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-12-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

behaze,

Congratulations! What wonderful news. Say "oy" to the new little one for me!

Mern,

Great job getting that pesky scale to move! It's the best feeling to see new numbers, isn't it?

almeeker,

I've been thinking about this seasonal eating thing myself. For me, it's not just spring but rather the change from any season to the next. Especially here where we have such extreme seasonal weather changes. When we go from summer to fall, all I can think about is big, tasty oven meals. When we go from fall to winter, it's Christmas time and all the food that that entails. Winter to spring signals frozen yogurt and grilling out; foods that I haven't had for awhile so I eat too much. If I could just get the seasons to stop changing, I'd be fine. lol
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for the welcome back, guys!

almeeker - I accept your challenge! I think I really do need that weekend check-in to keep me on track! This past weekend, maybe it would have kept me from downing a bucket of popcorn at the dismal Flames game!

quinn - tornados? - already?! Hope everyone is safe and sound now!!

Unfortunately didn't get the bike out for a second spin yesterday - too windy, didn't feel safe locking it up at the grocery store, etc. etc. But maybe tonight. It's an Electra Townie, so I'm doing street/cruise-y riding; the original purpose was for riding to yoga/dance classes, getting groceries, etc. and I think those things will truly happen because we only have one car atm...so if I don't bike or walk while the car is gone, I'm immobilized.

Monday report card:

Health & Fitness
1) 170g carbs/ day
M 201 g - I'm finding this harder and harder to hit...sigh.
2) 1450 cals/ day
M 1429
3) Daily:
Vitamin D, B12
Fish Oil
M - yes! I bought a "pill minder" box at Wmart last night to help with this!
4) work out 5x
M - yes, gym @ lunch plus dog park after work

Non Health & Fitness
1) Ride my new bike at least 3x
M - no
2) "dress up" 2x this week
M - no, T - no
3) take the dogs to the park at least 3x
M - yes

On the plus side, I think I forgot to mention that I have a 1 hr FREE nutrition consult this Friday - hooray! I work at a school where they teach Nutrition as a full-time program, and the students need people to practice consults on. So, I've sent them my 3-day eating log (thanks to Fit Day, that was a snap!) plus other Q&A about my exercise level, foods I like/dislike, etc. So hopefully that will give me some new ideas at the end of the week when I usually hit a slump!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.