Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

So I had a pretty good week last week. -1.5 lbs! Yeay! I'm trying for the same thing this week because I didn't feel like it was too difficult for me. So here are my goals for this week:

1. Calorie Deficit of 1000 every day
2. Some form of exercise/activity every day
3. Eat more vegetables

Have a great week all!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, congrats on kicking the soda! That's no small feat. You are a perfect example of making one change at a time; look how well it's working .

JJ, congrats on the size 12 . I'm jealous of your productivity, lady...could you come live with me for a week .

Crimpet, wonderfully exciting news for you! Keep us posted!

Erin, glad you got good results! Keep it up
!

I love the first day back to school/work, after a break, because I work at home that day and get used to how quiet sounds again, as well as put the house back together. So, writing some reports, putting things away, watching a bit of tennis, and ignoring the food calling me (yes, my bathing suit is still taped to the pantry!).
Old 04-11-2011, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn...forgot to ask...did your daughter have a good time last week??
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

ohhhhkay! - back to the forum, finally! I've been absent the past week and a half or so...which has turned out to be a big mistake. For those 10-ish days, I was pretty bad at holding myself accountable for what I was eating, and was making REALLY poor decisions...and as such, haven't made any forward progress in a while. BUT...went out and bought a new bike this weekend, so that has renewed my commitment to exercise and yesterday was a good day eating-wise, so I think we're getting back on track!

Goals for this week:

Health & Fitness
1) 170g carbs/ day
2) 1450 cals/ day
3) Daily:
Vitamin D, B12
Fish Oil
4) work out 5x

Non Health & Fitness
1) Ride my new bike at least 3x
2) "dress up" 2x this week
3) take the dogs to the park at least 3x
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn...forgot to ask...did your daughter have a good time last week??

Yes, she did... thanks for asking. The day that they were suppose to march, there were tornado warnings for Orlando, but they did get to perform a few days later.

Tornadoes surrounded us last night as well. Lots of damage to the north and to the south. But, somehow, we cleverly made it through the middle. Thank goodness because my neighborhood was hit with an F1 tornado a few years back. Between my house and my car accidents, my insurance company is starting to hate me. lol

As far as getting on the scale, I'm a little worried... I fear I've caught the "jiggle", too.

BTW- I have an awesome recipe for grilled pizza crust right on the grill, no stone (not whole wheat, not diet) if you ever want to try it.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-11-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Crimpet,

That's wonderful news! Sounds like everything's starting to go your way.

jj,

Congrats on the successful shopping trip! Isn't that a great feeling???

erin,

Sounds like you're right on track with a plan that's working well for you without feeling too deprived. Once you hit that stride, it gets much easier.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I want to do some serious work between now and April 21st. I'd like to get rid of 4 pounds so I am going to aim for a 1000 calorie defecit daily with 500 extra on 5 days. This will mean some serious exercise.

Calorie Intake goal 1300 - 1500

Increase protein and potassium rich foods

Y monday, Tuesday, Wed, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday

Mary
Old 04-11-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everybody, I had a couple of rough days calorie-wise last week, the scale was not really my friend this morning, but I think a good strong cup of Smooth Move could help that out a bit. And I was low on water intake on the same days I ate too much, so need to keep that in my sights this week. The weather here was gorgeous over the weekend, freakishly so. Got me motivated and I pulled out all the shorts and tank tops and washed them. Now I see that it's supposed to be 35 deg tomorrow and I feel a bit like an optimistic fool, but that's nothing new. This week looks a lot like last week.

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600
2. Drink 96 oz of water.
3. Exercise 6 hours.
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week.
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher.
6. Log food and report every day even weekends.

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging).
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race.
9. Call the pharmacy.
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act.
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions.
12. Clean out pantry area in basement.

DH has now purchased the lumber to build new shelving in the pantry area. Which means that I have to pull everything out of there so he can demo the existing shelves and build the new ones. I think in his mind this will take me so long that he can dally at getting his part done. So my goal is to work on the pantry 2-4 hours/day and have it ready to go by Friday night. So far so good, I've pulled 14 trash bags full of clothing out of there already and delivered them to various charities here in town. On the way back from one church donation center I saw that another one is having a rummage sale W-Sat this week, so I'm going to drop them a load tomorrow.

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-11-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.
deal
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, how are you doing this week? Chloe' still doing ok?

I will take that deal and raise it. Weekends are evil times for me. I'll commit to posting my food log for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.