Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-16-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

hi guys,
i haven't signed in to the forums since thursday bc school was crazy-in a good way-on friday. then today i had a bunch more work to get done. anyways, i'm still following through on my promise, and i'm signing in!

today my eating has been wonderful. yesterday was bad...over by nearly 1000 cals.

i'm late to meet up w/ friends but i will come back to read everyone's entries tomorrow or late tonight!!
byee
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie. It warmed up a little and stopped raining so we went for a long walk to the park. That has helped. I'm still way over for the day but maybe i'll get back on track in the morning. My attitude this weekend is the worst problem. There is no reason I have to overeat. I have had cola at home for months and it has not been tempting me like it is here. Oh well Tomorrow is another day. mary
Old 04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

just got in and wow I'm tired. I left my brother in the tent with the scooper while I man-handled (cooked) the 20 sacks in the sun. I swear that was one hell of a workout. My food choices started off good but then I quickly got sick of crawfish, so my choices went down hill. Today will end up being a cheat.

Cassie, do you have photoshop, is so I'll send the .psd file or do you want me to just email the .jpeg?

almeeker, I won't be making the shirts but I'll send it to you to make in pink. I actually thought (for a split second) about making them and selling them to raise the money to get the tumor on Chloe' removed. lol
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,619, 1,901, 2,355, 1,290, 2,442, 1,674 over but I'll take it!
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y, N, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min, 26 min, 102 min, 0 min, 60 min, 55 (total 5:34)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -844, -475, -194, -955, +254, -779 (total -2,993) I might actually make it this week!
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p), (47c/30p), (45c/27p), (48c/26p), (46c/15p), (45c/26p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 10 push-ups, 10 push-ups, YES, YES, 40 push-ups, YES
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags, No but cleaned the stove top which was a HUGE mess. 10 more bags. No, had Mr. Screamy Pants today., NO, NO
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday) NO, DONE

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

I did fairly well today especially considering we went out for dinner, just got in, I'm beat. My SIL and I did not purchase anything, but we did find a couple of dresses that looked great on her and the prices weren't bad either. She looks fantastic in any shade of blue, silver or green, but the purple was sort of hit and miss, depending on the shade. We saw the dress her future DIL wants her to wear, but it looks horrible on my SIL. That shade of purple is really awful with her complexion. Anyway I'm tuckered out and it looks like I'm going to have to get in a short workout tomorrow since I'm short of the 6 hour mark, so it's time to call it a night. Big squeeze nighty night. And what is up with this weather, I drove home in falling slush, OY what a pain in the butt.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -1,115 T: -1,608 W: -669 Th: -770 F: -991 Sat: -1,303 (Week total: -6,456)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Very light exercise T: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical) W: Day off Th: The gym was closed! A flood, the plumber was fixing it. F: 45 minutes lifting, 15 minutes non-HIIT cardio (elliptical) Sat: 45 minutes HIIT cardio (elliptical) plus some tub-scrubbing!
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 36% T: 26% W: 25% Th: 31% F: 28% Sat: 25% (Weekly average: 28.5%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% T: 49% W: 45% Th: 50% F: 53% Sat: 41% (Weekly average: 47%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: No T: Yes W: N/A Th: N/A F: Forgot! Sat: Yes, a small one
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: 80 oz. T-Sat: Yes
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M-Sat:YES

Other Life Stuff:
1) Clean both bathrooms M-F: No Sat: 10-4!
2) Easter/Anniversary presents for family M: Got the anniversary present out T-Sat: No
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No T: yes, one hour W: No Th: one hour F: No Sat: 2 hours (Weekly total: 4 hours)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M-Sat: Totally
5) Finish one chapter of side-project book M: No T: DONE! W-Sun: N/A

I'm super-tired, but I wanted to check in! I wasn't as low-cal as I wanted today - was aiming for 1200 and got in more like 1500, but I was ravenous and BF made cornbread on the side for dinner.

(It was awesome cornbread).

I'm not tooooo upset at myself though. Sometimes if you're hungry, you just need to eat! I'm still on good track for reaching my 7,000 cal deficit too, so we'll just see what the scale says on Monday. Sounds like everyone's had a good, busy day. I hope we all sleep well and finish the weekend strong!

~Terri
Old 04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I actually thought (for a split second) about making them and selling them to raise the money to get the tumor on Chloe' removed. lol
I don't usually post, I just read and learn, get inspiration and sometimes laugh... but reading this makes me wish I lives Stateside instead of the Sunshine Town of Britain's south coast (where it only rains half the time - we're officially the sunniest town in the south), 'cos I have all the gear needed to print my own t-shirts, I just need a good reason. And a furball in need of a vet is a VERY good reason in my book. I don't have the space to set up at the moment anyway as everything here has been rather manic and messed up lately, but when I get the new shed (shed-hunting this coming week) I should be able to hook all my gear up again. I'd love to be able to help out if I can, and the smileys are just like me - give me my shades, I can see and I'm happy (they're my MP3 player, too), take them away and I'm blind (I have great night vision and crappy day vision) and you'd better have life insurance

Anyway, it's just gone 6am here and I leave for work shortly, so I'll check back later
Old 04-17-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Terri- Way to be commited to the gym and sticking it out on your own, no waiting for machines or getting distracted by others sounds like heaven!
Almeeker- Sorry to hear it wasn’t a successful shopping trip. Hopefully her to be-DIL will listen to reason and understand the dress is just a no go. No one wants to look or feel horrible in something especially at an important event where there will be how many pictures. I hate hearing these horror stories about certain “types” of brides, for our wedding my guy and I decided to take the “we just want everyone to feel great and if that means different dresses/colors then so be it” attitude. My bridesmaids kept saying I was insane but when we found a dress and color they all loved everyone secretly sent us messages saying thank you.
Cassie- thanks so much! How is the tournament going?
Cybervox- hope things settle down for you and I agree Chloe does seem to be a pretty darn good reason for it! Good luck with the shed hunt.

Fitness Goals:
- Exercise every day (walk all 7, plus running, swimming and horseback riding) M: Yes (horse and run) T: walk/jog the dogs W: dog walk/jog, horse T: walk F: Swim and Horse S: No
- Keep a 1300 cal deficit M: (-980) T: Yes over W: Yes T: Yes F: barely (weekly avg=-1260) S: OUCH nowhere near
- WATER just keep drinking: M: Yes, T: Yes W: Yes T: Yes F: Yes S: could have done more
- 200 push-ups M:0 T:40 W: 30 (total=70) T:10 F: 0 S: 10 S: 20 (still need 90 today)
- 500 crunches/stability ball: M: 40 T: 60 W:80 (total=180) T: 35 F: 0 S: 50 S: 50 + ? (total 315 need 185… don’t think I will make it but going to try and add throughout the day)

Life Goals:
- Spa day Tuesday: Yes
- Finish at least 1 book: Almost should be done by tonight
- Get in some quality time with my guy: Yes lunch at the local greasy spoon
- When the horse has a little extra spunk cut her some slack she’s still a baby: M: Yes, T: didn’t see her W: yes F: Yes and she was doing great after a few “hiccups”
- Smile more bitch less! (thanks Quinn this one is sticking) M: yes T: yes W: tried for the most part T: Yes F: Yes S: it was a crummy day so I failed miserably
Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, a jpeg file would be great; thanks!

Quick check in; was too tired last night to post. Will catch up once the cornbread comes out of the oven (hubby has to go to a funeral potluck this PM) and my MIL hits the road:

1. Stick to calorie limit. I'll give it a B, Yes!, Yes, Yes (bumped it higher because of the exercise), Yes, Yes
2. Balance pie chart (no specific percentages; just use common sense). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Meh; marginal
3. Exercise 6 days. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Planned day off
4. Sleep at least 7 hours nightly. Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water each day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. No impulse snacking! Mostly, Yes (meaning no snacking), Yes, Once- went to say goodnight to my hubby and he had those damn bunnies...so I snatched 7 or 8 of them, about a quarter serving, Yes, Yes

7. Clean out purse & wallet and file receipts. Done!
8. Sweep garage. Done!
9. Flowers for front porch. Done, and repotted a big ole' plant in the family room.
10. Make healthy snacks/quick breakfasts/bread for the week and for freezer. Yes
11. Change sheets and towels for MIL visit Friday. Yes
12. Plan meals for weekend. Yes. Had to plan around son's preferences, as he's the one putting it out there in a tourney this weekend, and all I can say is that I might possibly have some teensy, weensy regret over pledging to post my weekend food journal!

What a weird weekend of eating. But here's my accountability as I agreed. I can has accountability pictures by cjohnson728 - Photobucket

Scale's been friendly; I'm back in my comfort range. Check you all later!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

quinn, i hope you chose your leopard underwear for your trip to home depot!

almeeker, reading your post about your DD being a huge pain reminded me that I was a huge bitchy pain to my dad for like 8 years. Now we get along great though--and he isn't the easiest person to be around, but we are very close! I'm certain that if I have a daughter that it could be really intense and I'm already fearing those rough times you mentioned in your post. You seem like such a wonderful, dedicated, funny, and loving mom and you seem to be able to put up with tons from them! Hopefully, I'll be the same and won't lose my cool and go off the deep-end when my kids drive me nuts.

I have never heard of a bride telling the groom's mom what to wear!?

Yesterday was fantastic, stayed within my goals for calories and what not. This kind of made up for the binge I did when I was drunk on Friday night.

I was walking home from the bar and decided to get sushi, then I passed subway and decided to get that, then I passed CVS and bought gummy worms. Pathetic? Hilarious? Sad? Yessss. Oh well, moving on...yesterday was great and I know today will be great too. Plus I had an awesome time at the bar friday night and you gotta live it up once in a while!

This past week I've been trying out a new site just for entering foods--I've totally dropped WW points for like a month now! My friend is on it and it's kind of like fbook, but about food. Anyways, I still come her to check the forums bc I love you guys! The thing I like about this other site is that it tells you what you would weigh if you ate like this for 5 weeks. It helps me keep it in perspective of how small changes in either direction make a big difference!

Happy Sunday! The weather is glorious, I'm going to the beach later!!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cybervox
I don't usually post, I just read and learn, get inspiration and sometimes laugh... but reading this makes me wish I lives Stateside instead of the Sunshine Town of Britain's south coast (where it only rains half the time - we're officially the sunniest town in the south), 'cos I have all the gear needed to print my own t-shirts, I just need a good reason. And a furball in need of a vet is a VERY good reason in my book. I don't have the space to set up at the moment anyway as everything here has been rather manic and messed up lately, but when I get the new shed (shed-hunting this coming week) I should be able to hook all my gear up again. I'd love to be able to help out if I can, and the smileys are just like me - give me my shades, I can see and I'm happy (they're my MP3 player, too), take them away and I'm blind (I have great night vision and crappy day vision) and you'd better have life insurance

Anyway, it's just gone 6am here and I leave for work shortly, so I'll check back later
thanks, the thought is greatly appreciated. However, with me being an anti-spammer here I couldn't be spamming/ soliciting. It just isn't right and that's why that thought didn't last but about a second. Thanks again though, it's nice to know that there are people out there that are willing to help.

Cassie, I sent it to you this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.