Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Farah, congrats on your "goal" clothes being too big on you!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, Mern and quinn: I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like my life isn't usually for me -- I don't even have kids, so I'm sure I have no real idea yet (hehe) I just had this feeling growing up of living up to standards that never really meant all that much to me, and even know I get the sensation almost each and every day that I spend so much time and energy on things that don't REALLY matter to me - but rather things that I know matter to other people, so I do them, because I love said people.

It's a difficult feeling, hopefully one day I'll find balance to it. Maybe I'll just have to wait awhile to do so, and that's ok.

Lindsey: Rockin' those goals, girl!

Mern: I am totally lifting the kitty litter this weekend on groceries! Bet your bottom dollar! And thanks for the perspective on pieces of myself. Really, I'm of two minds about it - the happiness of those I love has meant more to me than my own personal happiness or fulfillment - so I take care to do those things that make those around me happy. At the same time, I feel I've become the person that others want me to be, and I struggle to find myself among all the little pieces I know I'm only 27, and this is probably all part of me realizing myself completely, so I take pride and hope in knowing I'm doing the best I can. Some days are just difficult. It's been a reflective week.

behaze: HA! The 80s was an interesting era, but it's sort of quirky like that goofy cousin you have to giggle at and love I'll take it for now and maybe put on some legwarmers or bright blue eyeshadow in tribute -- since blue eyeshadow is totally back now! Also - you sound like you've had some experiences that have built your character up strong. I bet you know, as you say deep down that there's probably not much you can't handle!

Mike: RIP scale! Have a little funeral? And I'm sorry, with all of this talk about you on the corner I'm just picturing you with a pimp hat and cane...(Forgive me!)

farah: Seeing those baggy shorts must feel awesome!!! I guess you get to buy more new clothes to celebrate your anniversary! Woohoo!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -1,115 T: -1,608 W: -669 (Week total: -3,392)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Very light exercise T: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical) W: Day off
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 36% T: 26% W: 25% (Weekly average: 29%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% T: 49% W: 45% (Weekly average: 46%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: No T: Yes W: N/A
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: 80 oz. T: Yes W: Yes
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M: Yes ma'am! T: Yes W: Yes

Other Life Stuff:
1) Clean both bathrooms M: No T: No W: No
2) Easter/Anniversary presents for family M: Got the anniversary present out T: Nope W: No
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No T: yes, one hour W: No (Weekly total: 1 hour)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Totally T: Yessss! W: Mostly-happy counts, right?
5) Finish one chapter of side-project book M: No T: DONE! W-Sun: N/A

I ended up eating out for two meals yesterday -- lunch was Chipotle with some lab mates, and dinner was a papa john's pizza, since BF forgot to defrost our dinner meat. I think I made some pretty good choices - Chipotle has those bowl-things so you don't have to get the burrito or taco shell, and I went really light on the rice and cheese and heavy-ish on the beans. Next time I'll try leaving off the sour cream, too, or going light on it - I forgot how it sneaks up on you!

At Papa John's I just ordered a tiny personal garden-style pizza, apparently only 140 calories per slice according to their website (and I left off the olives, I hate them! so it might have been less than that). Making healthy choices is getting just a little bit easier, though I admit that I did have a handful of tortilla chips at Chipotle...

I do feel sluggish today, though. Two meals out is just getting to be too much for my body -- though it is TOTM too, could be a combination of both. I intend to work through it and get to the gym for some lifting this evening, and seeing if I can do one more set on every machine! I've grown to like the way that I'm sore after my weight/resistance days. I used to hate it. Funny how that works!

~Terri
Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, are we getting on our scales tomorrow? You first

almeeker, which Bob DVD did you do? Was it the evil cardio one with Roxi and Zack and the other girl? Rough one, and sadistic to have all those side planks at the very end.

Mern, your report on goals is awesome. Keep raising the bar, lady; we'll try to keep up!

acameron, I'll bet your guy will come around with the food. It takes a while when it's not their idea, but eventually it will happen, with you being a good role model for him. It took my husband a year, but he's on board now and it's a lot easier!

Lindsey, I don't know how the low-carb folks do it either, but I think the key is that it works for them. It may not be the way your body is programmed; after a lot of trial and error I learned that it's not optimal for me. I gave it the old college try, and the old grad school try, too, for that matter, and my body and my mind just don't respond well. I do best on about 55% carbs; don't count it as failing if you're feeling good, healthy, and you're going in the right direction. "Low bellies...little fur" is too cute! Got a chuckle out of the mental picture.

Terri, very nice job on eating out. I had Chinese with a friend today; gotta go look it up and load it in. Love your plan for the gym!

Just going on record to say I'm totally jealous of y'all's calorie burns, those who are posting them!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-14-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
almeeker,

29 bags out of your pantry??? Good lord, girl! What the heck's in there? (Just kidding!!!)
Um everything but the kitchen sink? Oh no wait there is a sink down there... Technically it's not a "pantry" it's this one back corner of the basement, maybe 8' wide and 10'-12' long. On one side is a set of lop sided shelves that some non-carpenter made out of scraps of anything which is where I put the home canned goods and non-perishables that I've stocked up on when they go deep discount at the grocery store. There is also a shelf of "car" stuff and a shelf of "sports" stuff. On the other side it's floor to ceiling plastic totes of girl's clothing. I try and hang on to 1-2 totes full of stuff in each size to pass on to the next child when the time is right. But we've decided we're not having any more children, and our youngest wears a size 6. So I can unload newborn thru size 5T, so like 20 totes full of stuff. When I packed those clothes away I used vacuum sacks inside the totes, so when you let air back into them they are about double the size. 29 sacks is like the tippy top of the iceberg down there in that dungeon. I think so far I've gone through maybe 1/3 of it, give or take.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
almeeker, which Bob DVD did you do? Was it the evil cardio one with Roxi and Zack and the other girl? Rough one, and sadistic to have all those side planks at the very end.
YES!! That's the one. Funny part is that I'm probably twice the age of all the hotties in the background, but I keep up as well as any of them. Of course Bob isn't standing behind me grabbing my stuff either. I can even do the side arm plank and add the leg raise, okay I can only hold it on my left side (right side has a bad shoulder, I can pick up my foot but only for a second), but the only one on the DVD that does it is Roxie and I think she might be a real elf. And what is up with the brown workout get ups? It's just sort of surreal watching what looks like a small crowd of hot UPS workers swinging weights at you. Sorry had to rant a bit, I'm still a little sore.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

haha, almeeker, that is a hilarious description...esp about the UPS getup. I'm imagining a group of UPS delivery dudes doing side planks.

my sister and i had a cindy crawford workout video way back when i was in elementary or middle school. Cindy had a short and annoying trainer with an unidentifiable accent who would say things like "higher, cindy, kick HIGHER." Emily and I would talk back to him or just try to impersonate his accent. We were also great at calling Cindy out on any dumb mistakes she made when confusing left and right feet or something. I remember not being able to complete exercises bc I was laughing so hard. Fun times in my basement!

Last edited by blackrhino2; 04-14-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

acameron, you're welcome for the pumpkin puree with cinnamon idea. Congrats on getting bf to eat the kale with tomato/meat/veggie sauce. Sounds like you get lots of exercise with the animals alone. You're doing an amazing job on your goals so far this week!

Mike, wishing you better days.

bhaze, I do have an almost 7 year old grandson--forgot about how much ickier it is to change a baby boy's diaper. LOL

Almeeker, great job on the exercise after the extra calories. "dd's on the edge of warfare"--ah, that's something I don't miss about having kids under foot every day. Spoiling the kids and then sending them home is much more fun. LOL OMG "hot UPS workers" on the cardio DVD. That totally cracked me up.

quinn, thanks for your encouragement. You're doing quite well yourself. Your being over by a fat free latte doesn't sound bad--you kept in control. Congrats on eliminating the peanut butter, yogurt and cheese, so far. That's 3 out of 5, so you deserve kudos for that. (I was counting the granola as cereal, thinking it usually has oats.) And congrats on the fruits and veggies.

Terri, I can understand that people without kids have just as hard a time finding "me time." You may be expected to do more for other people BECAUSE you don't have kids. I totally understand your feelings about giving away the pieces of yourself. You put that into words so well. Heck, some 27 year olds have it "more together" than we 64 year olds. Don't sell yourself short on the wisdom you've acquired so far. You sound very well grounded to me. It does look like you made good choices considering Chipotle and Papa John's. Way to go on that! Well, congrats on feeling sore, I guess. Now that was a funny comment to me. Whatever floats your boat! LOL

Cassie, you are so darned sweet. I'm only trying to raise the bar for myself, though. I think the rest of you are doing an awesome job, too.

Last edited by Mern; 04-14-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Julia, I enjoyed your story about exercising with the Cindy Crawford workout video.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, are we getting on our scales tomorrow? You first
Yep... you and me baby. Scale time. lol My number's not going to be pretty... maybe I'll dangle one toe on there first...

Had lunch out with the hubby today, which we rarely get to do lately, so the scale may not be my friend...

We can always claim a (clearing throat...) "battery malfunction", like Mike does... LOL

almeeker,

Ok, I get it now... kind of a basement purge. lol I should talk. I took out an entire garbage bag just cleaning out my spice cupboard alone! Whenever I hit my spell check, your name comes up as "sleeker". I have no idea why that hits me as funny every time!

Thanks Mern,

I could have been a little better yesterday. But, you're right... two out of three's not bad.

Well, I'm off to grill a salmon...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, the date with the scale is on. I was out for lunch today as well; Chinese, to boot. Just got in from a 2 1/2 hour tennis match and will try not to eat the house down. I had the official Mike-endorsed recovery glass of chocolate milk; hopefully that'll take the edge off.

almeeker, yes, even Roxi loses it at times. I hardly notice the outfits...I keep staring at the clock in the corner that tells how miuch longer the workout is !

Julia, yes, it somehow energizes you to talk back, doesn't it?? What is exercise if not fun, right?

Mern, as a fellow "vertically challenged" person, I respect your reaching your bar. You're having a great week. I hope we can keep it going through the weekend on this thread! Remember almeeker's challenge!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.