Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-04-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Good Morning, Everyone!

It's going to be a strange week for me. I'm trying out my "empty-nester wings" for an entire week. So far it's... it's... AWESOME!!!!!! ))
[/B]
Got to love that empty nest! I thought there was something sick and wrong when my nest emptied out and I did not feel the "pain." (I should mention we had no trouble at all with our boys.) We quickly sold our big house and bought something half the size!

Back to fitness/nutrition . . . I'm still hovering 1/2# above my goal weight of 122. It should happen this week, I hope.

Future goals:

1) Stick to good balanced diet low in refined products.
2) Focus more on building muscle - 3-4 times in the gym
3) Get outside! Bike, garden, play more.
4) Reconnect with old friends (great opportunity since i've run into 3 or 4 lately!)
5) Try to answer and act on my recent question - "What do I want my next 20 years to look like?" That probably means more peace and calm in my life--including losing the part-time job and focusing more on art/galleries.

Very vague goals, aren't they? But worth thinking about.

Good luck all you gals!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

I like the goals that y'all put up. I think I'll steal something from everyone that already posted..

Health & Fitness Goals:

1) Log food and report every day even weekends
2) work out 3 times-strength
3) Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. (use my own dog )
4) forget the pie chart
5) take magnesium supplements
6) Feel good about the progress I've already made and not get upset if I have a setback!
7) Water (128oz/day)
8) Don't eat out
9) 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope
10) 5 fruits/veggies daily
11) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie!

Non Health & Fitness Goals:
1) Smile more, bitch less
2) Reconnect with old friends (great opportunity since i've run into 3 or 4 lately!)
3) make some money

Damn I should have posted earlier, thats a lot of goals!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-04-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, you did great at the dinner; congrats!

Sandi, I know what you mean about the house...we bought ours thinking we would have more children but I wasn't able to. We love our neighborhood and area but when our son leaves for college in four years, we'll likely also downsize. I'm starting now with the painting and some renovations with that in mind.

Quinn, I hope you enjoy your week. You're definitely due for some relaxation .

Mike, good luck with all those goals. You'll do great! BTW, I don't do 5 each fruits of veggies; 5 altogether. I don't have the calorie leeway for 5 fruits, but I wish I did, especially in summer; I could eat them nonstop.

Anyone have any remedies for congestion that don't involve medicine? I haven't had a cold in 3 years, since I was told not to take decongestants. Someone told me about an herbal mask you can get and heat in the microwave, but I'm pretty much at a loss and this not breathing is getting old quickly
Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

okay, cool I can do that then.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Lost 1/2 lb. again last week. Whole lot better than no loss.

Goals this week:

Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Protein target 120g
Limit sugar free candy to two pieces per day
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day
Limit diet soda to one every other day

Water 64 oz. per day

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days

Last edited by Mern; 04-04-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

woo hoo getting these done monday.

weight/food

~ keep to my eating plan
~ log all food i eat
~ cardio 4 times this week 1 times
~ strength training 4 times this week MUST, m y
~ yoga 3 times this week 1 times
~ take my measurements
~ weigh myself wed & fri.

non-weight

~ place is clean MAINTAIN
~ put effort in what i wear every day
~ be in touch with my moods & emotions journal 3 times this week.
~ start working on a choreography m y

Last edited by staceyalberta; 04-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker ~ sorry about the food posionion that's awful. glad you are feeling better.

acameron34 ~ that's awesome that you are done with all your school work. good luck on the training for the 10km.

canary52 ~ sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. hope you feel better soon.

crimpet ~ the good news is last week was a good week & you know it. the scale will catch up. let's kick this weeks a$$

cassie ~ hope you are feeling better. wow ziplining sounds like a blast i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

terri ~ your goals this week look good. i can't wait to see how they work out for you. congrats on dinner last night sounds like you made good choices.

mern ~ congrats on the loss that's awesome!!!!!!!

mike ~ i love the goal of smile more bitch less i need to do that MORE....LOL

home with my son he has a touch of the flu so he's taking it easy, but still wanting to go to school. i know he's nuts...lol. this means i get to catch up on laundry & get my strength work out & yoga done this morning to put me on the right track. other than that just taking it easy myself. maybe do some knitting & some dance practice.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, that's one of the ones that I stole from quinn.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Anyone have any remedies for congestion that don't involve medicine? I haven't had a cold in 3 years, since I was told not to take decongestants. Someone told me about an herbal mask you can get and heat in the microwave, but I'm pretty much at a loss and this not breathing is getting old quickly
I swear by oregano oil (5 drops under the tongue) and ginger tea (you can cheat and get he pre-dried at the bulk store) or use fresh but you'll only need a little. Just breathing the ginger helps open up the nasal passages. I also did the salt water nasal-baths...they seemed to help if you can get over the fear of water in the nose.

Quinn- I LOVE smile more Bitch less! I think its the moto for the week!

I've seen everyone talking about "green" smoothies in the past... what exactly are they? I'm looking for options to add to my shakes (already use ground sprouted flax, fresh fruit, water) I have to avoid a lot of the protien powders because of a fish allergy. But I would love other suggestions please!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri, you did great at the dinner; congrats!

Steam shower or bowl of hot water put towel on head and inhale.

Neti pot.Breathing lukewarm (not hot!) water through the sinuses.

Eucalyptus oil (like Vick's vapor rub but better) rub on chest - fumes will rise believe me.

Thank you all for the good wishes! Fibro sucks but ziplining sounds cool.

smile more bitch less: that could be a new motto!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-04-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.