Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Good morning everybody!!! I started a Monday off at 147.6, so that my friends is cause for celebration, of course I had to get a mild case of food poisoning over the weekend to be at that weight, but that's all water under the bridge now. I feel pretty good this morning, I'm even caught up on my sleep a bit.

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week.
2. Drink 96 oz of water
3. Exercise 6 hours
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher
6. Log food and report every day even weekends

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging)
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race.
9. Call my grandmother and aunt.
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act.
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break)

That's about it.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-04-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I am glad that you feel better.

Hi, I am back. I will try again in a very low carbs for 2 weeks. So here is my goal.

1. Keep net carb 20g a day
2. work out 3 times-strength, 3 times running
That's it.
Mai
Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All!

Almeeker- glad you're feeling better and got some much needed sleep!

Well I survived my crazy week, all final papers and exams are in and I'm feeling pretty good. My diet and exercise regime went to the dogs last week but managed to only put on 2lbs. Considering the horrible diet I was working off of I will take that as a success. Now on to bigger and better going to start training for the 10KM in May hopefully if my knee will cooperate that will lead to the Half marathon in July.

Goals:
1) Get the balance back carbs/protein/fat
2) Get some new shake recipes
3) Get in at least 4 days of exercise

Others:
1) Do something just for me- spa day?
2) Get back to a normal schedule at work
3) Get in a little quality time with my guy
Old 04-04-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's going to be a strange week for me. I'm trying out my "empty-nester wings" for an entire week. So far it's... it's... AWESOME!!!!!! If the weather were nicer, it would be darned near perfect! Eating is going to be a challenge as I don't plan on cooking much. But, what the heck... her vacation = my vacation, right? lol I still have quite a list of things that I want to accomplish this week. But, I'm going to try to balance it with a little "down time", too.

So, here's this weeks list:

* Forget the pie chart for one week and keep calories to a "clean" 1400 or less. (This worked really well for me last week.)
* Hike (heavy pack) twice this week, weather permitting. (Remember cleated hikers- it's mucky since the last storm.)
* Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. (Hmmm....I need to borrow a dog... )
* 100 oz. of water daily, minimum.

* Finish bead work on Prom dress.
* Spring clean all bathrooms.
* Spring clean 3 vehicles.
* Smile more... bitch less. (Simple and to the point! )
Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone. Almeeker I am so sorry to hear you were not well. But glad to hear you are better. You have such good goals. Quinn, I also like "smile more and bitch less." I could use that one myself!!!
That being said: (here I am bitching)
This is my 3rd day on bed rest. I have been experiencing what I call "old time" fibromyalgia which means I am in pretty bad shape. I haven't been writing, I missed class because I couldn't drive. The pain, achiness and crippling fatigue were bad enough, but then the electric shocks started back again yesterday all over my body. Before I start to feel like I'm being electrocuted, I must take action. So all health goals.

Fibro diet: Avoid
1) sugar
2) gluten and yeast
3) nightshades
4) additives
5) aspartame
6) dairy
7) caffeine including chocolate

8) stretch at least 3x this week
9) more H2O
10) take magnesium supplements

Good luck with your goals this week everyone!

Last edited by canary52; 04-04-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone!

Almeeker...yuck about the food poisening, but yeay about the weight! I had a really busy weekend, but did get one work out in and I'm determined to get back on track in that area. Had a really good low cal day yesterday!

Here are my goals:

1. Keep a 1000 cal deficit per day
2. Work out (in some way, shape, or form) every day this week
3. Limit myself to 1 cappuccino per week (tough with the icky weather we're having...)
4. Feel good about the progress I've already made and not get upset if I have a setback!

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Well, last week was a total bust. I didn't keep with any of my goals, so hopefully this week will be better.

Health and Fitness goals:
-run/jog every day for one hour
-hit the gym one hour a day
-eat 1200 calories a day
-make new type of meal every day: M(yes)
-Drink 1.75 liters of water per day
-Find a running group
-Don't drink
-Don't eat out

Other:
-Write in food journal
-meditate
-keep room clean
Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

It's a new week, and I intend to kick its butt to see some results! After a good week last week, I didn't see not a single ounce dropped, nor a single ounce of fat dropped on the BİA scale at the mall, so I'm gonna take this week by its jewels and control it!

Canary- My mom also has Fibromyalgia, and seeing her suffer has really shed a new light on how crippling it can be. She managed to overcome it for several years when teaching yoga, but she had to be soooo careful with every lttle detail of her life to not have a 'flair' up. I really hope that this week it improved immensely for you!!

Quinn- I loved "Smile more..Bitch less"! I'm stealing your goal too! I could use a LOT of this advice daily, and I know my husband would be ever so grateful!

Now, for my goals this week:

Fitness:

1) Keep Caloric intake between 1200-1400 & Caloric Deficit above 800 daily.
2) Drink 2 Ltr. of H2O daily & NO soft drinks
3) Incorporate more Green vegis into my daily diet through salads.
4) Increase Protien and Lower Fat intake.
5) 3 days 30 minute Yoga/ 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope/ 3 days 30 minutes of other Exercise/ 6 days of 30 minute minimum walk

-2 lbs weight loss goal

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Tidy up & do Laundry
2) Finish off 2 lace projects I have for class & start new one for exhibit
3) Work on Husbands Anniversary gift
4) Give myself the good Pampering I didn't give myself last week

5) Follow Quinns lead of "Smile More..Bitch Less".

To motivate myself for the number 5- For every time that I manage to lose my temper or rant from stress, I have to do 5 Push-Ups (And not wall or girlie pushups either but normal ones-I can barely do 1 normal one, so this should be a good motivator other than the peace that should come lol Either that or I'm going to have some rock'n arms!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Last week ended up not so great for me, too. Getting sick meant being less active, getting less done, and making poor food choices, apparently. I'm going back on rather strict and specific goals this week to get my mindset right; we'll see how it works.

1. Stick to calorie goal.
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below.
3. 3 sports bottles of water.
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily.
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least).
6. Log everything, even cough drops.

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head!
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend.
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers.
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off.
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub.
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late!

I just made reservations for ziplining for Friday; this should be an adventure. My son has been, but my husband and I have not. We're all going, taking a friend for the boy, for his belated birthday. Just from the description, it sounds like a workout, with climing the platforms, traversing the sky bridges, etc. It should be interesting

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-04-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

I managed to do OK yesterday at my boss's dinner party. I was over-cals by about 250, but I didn't really feel bad about it, as they were GOOD calories (veggies, wonderful herb-roasted chicken and fresh fruit). I've also found that my body really seems to respond to having up-and-down days... for example 2-3 of days between 900-1200 calories and then a day of 1500-ish (or sometimes even more). For some reason, I've noticed looking through my Fitday that the weight sheds faster when I do that (even though in the past I've done it accidentally!). Not sure why - maybe it's just making sure that my body is on its toes!

My official 3-month weigh in was at 193.7 this morning, so I managed to finally lose all the water/sodium weight from last week's Pizza Hut Disaster and get back to where I was about a week ago. I'm not quite where I wanted to be by this time (I wanted to be about 190 lbs., 25 lbs. lost by the three month mark) but I'm only about three lbs. off. Not too shabby! It's a marathon, not a sprint, and for some reason I feel like this is going to be a good week! Maybe it's because I had a productive weekend (long...but productive!) but I always feel better when I'm busy!

Almeeker, I'm glad you're feeling better after eating the terrible yogurt!

Cassie, I'm also glad you're recovering from your bug.

Hope, it's great to see you on the thread, and I'm so sorry to hear your fibro has been acting up I hope that you feel better soon!

I'm switching up my goals a little this week, curious to see where they lead me! I'm not aiming so much for "dailys" as "averages" spread out over the week, and I think the goal of not having two days off in a row from exercise will forgive me (at least a little) if work takes over for a day and I can't exercise. The approach of "hours" and "days" wasn't working for me, and overall was making me feel guilty. Good luck this week everyone!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising.
3) Achieve a 35% protein average for the week
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie!
6) At least 96 oz. water daily

Other Life Stuff:
1) Laundry, laundry, laundry -- put away, ironed, spring cleaning and donation of clothes I simply no longer want to wear!
2) Buy new makeup and a flatiron for the disaster of hair on my head
3) Buy small Easter presents to send to family
4) Balance savings/expenditures (this is a weekend goal, won't be updating until then!)
5) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week
6) Don't worry, be happy!

Last edited by taubele; 04-04-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.